LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2008
EC 5402 – MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS
Date : 05/05/2008 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer any five questions in about 75 words each (5X4=20 Marks)
- Define Managerial Economics.
- What are the steps involved in demand forecasting?
- Explain the term opportunity cost.
- Define cost of capital.
- What does dual pricing refer to?
- Discuss the managerial slack.
- What is meant by capital budgeting?
Answer any four questions in about 250 words (4×10=40 Marks)
- Bring out the scope and significance of managerial economics.
- Describe the various costs involved in production.
- The following data refer to sales, in thousands of rupees(x), of a Hindustan Lever products during five years.
Year 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006
Sales 45 52 48 55 60
Assuming the present trend continues, forecast the sales for the years 2007 and 2008.
- Explain the methods of pricing a new product.
- Discuss the Simon’s satisficing theory.
- Explain discounted capital flow techniques.
- Explain the criteria of a good forecasting method.
Answer any two questions in about 900 words (2×20=40 Marks)
- Elucidate sales revenue maximization theory.
- Explain the concept and methodology of demand forecasting.
- Calculate Break even quantity of output.
- When TFC = 200 P = 10 and AVC = 5
- Explain the Break Even analysis.
- Explain the instruments of capital budgeting.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: