LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – April 2009
EC 5505 – INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS
Date & Time: 17/04/2009 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each: (5×4=20)
- What is Transnational integration?
- Explain community indifference curve.
- What is ‘income terms of trade’?
- Explain gains from international trade.
- What is Forward exchange rate?
- What is convertibility?
- Explain Special Drawing Rights (SDR).
PART – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 300 words each: (4×10=40)
- Explain Ricardo’s Comparative Cost Advantage Theory.
- ‘Trade is an engine of growth.’ – Discuss.
- Discuss the factors which influence the Terms of Trade of a nation.
- Bring out the case for and against flexible exchange rates.
- What are the objectives of exchange control?
- Trace the direction of India’s foreign trade.
- Discuss the role of WTO and its limitations.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2×20=40)
- Critically examine the factor price equalisation theorem of international trade.
- Critically examine ‘Purchasing Power Parity theory’.
- Bring out the various concepts of terms of trade. What are the problems of measurement of terms of trade?
- IMF has become a tool in the hands of the developed nations. – Do you agree?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: