LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2011
EC 6601 – MANAGEMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
Date : 07-04-2011 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer any FIVE Questions in about 75 words each (5×4 = 20 Marks)
- What is a Financial Services market?
- What are the different methods of exit used by Venture Capital Companies?
- Define credit rating.
- Distinguish between credit card and debit card.
- State the Services rendered by Merchant Banking.
- State any four problems faced by Mutual Funds in India.
- Mention the various types of Credit cards
PART – B
Answer any FOUR Questions in about 250 words each (4 x 10 = 40 Marks)
- What is a venture capital? Explain its features.
- State the advantages and disadvantages of Credit Rating.
- Evaluate the future of Credit Cards in India.
- Explain the evolution of Banking in India.
- State the advantages of Factoring.
- Write a note on Credit rating agencies in India.
- What are the salient features of IDBI Venture Capital Financing Schemes?
PART – C
Answer any TWO in about 900 words each (2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- Compare and Contrast Hire Purchase Vs Leasing.
- Explain the various stages in Venture Capital Financing.
- Explain the Role of Merchant Banking in maintaining Health and Credibility of the Capital Market.
18. Explain Safety, Liquidity and Profitability of Mutual funds.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: