LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2011
EC 5506/EC 5502 – MONEY AND BANKING
Date : 19-04-2011 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A
Answer any FIVE of the following each answer
not exceeding more than 75 words: 5 x 4 = 20
- Distinguish between money and near money.
- What is outside money?
- How is the value of money related to the price level?
- What is velocity of money?
- “Keynes held the view that increase in money supply caused an increase in price level indirectly” – Explain
- State the objectives of RBI.
- List out the institutions of the money market.
PART – B
Answer any FOUR of the following each answer
not exceeding more than 300 words: 4 x 10 = 40
- Explain the static and dynamic functions of money.
- Bring out the savings investment approach to the quantity theory of money.
- How did the classical economist establish the neutrality of money?
- What is commercial bank? Enumerate its various functions.
- Critically examine the working of money market in India.
- What are the steps involved in the construction of Index numbers?
- What are the determinants of money supply?
PART – C
Answer any TWO of the following each answer
not exceeding more than 900 words: 2 x 20 = 40
- Describe the role of money in the modern capitalistic economy.
- Compare Fisher’s version of quantity theory of money with Cambridge version.
- Critically review the effectiveness of the various instruments of credit control.
Discuss the structure and working of Indian capital market.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: