LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
EC 6601 – MANAGEMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
Date : 18-04-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each: (5×4 = 20 Marks)
- What is merchant banking?
- State the origin of merchant banking.
- Explain the liquidity of mutual fund.
- Give an account of the classifications of lease financing.
- What is CRISIL?
- Define venture capital.
- List out the characteristics of venture capital.
Answer any FOUR questions in about 250 words each: (4×10 = 40 Marks)
- Explain the scope of merchant banking services.
- Write a short note on money market mutual funds.
- List out the various schemes of mutual fund.
- Enumerate the RBI guidelines for hire purchases.
- Elucidate the institutions engaged in credit rating.
- Bring out the venture capital schemes in India.
- Distinguish between venture capital financing and conventional funding.
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each: (2×20 = 40 Marks)
- Describe the role of merchant banking in maintaining health and credibility of the
- Discuss in detail various institutions involved in mutual fund business.
- Analyse the problems and prospects of leasing, hire purchases companies in India.
- Trace the mechanism of credit card system. Suggest means to regulate violations in
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: