LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034 B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOV 2006
EC 5501 – INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS
(Also equivalent to ECO 506)
Date & Time : 27-10-2006/9.00-12.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Part – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each. (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
- Bring out the meaning of international trade?
- What are the reasons for international trade?
- Briefly give the meaning of terms of trade.
- Why should a country need protection?
- What do you mean by dual exchange rate?
- How does fixed exchange rate affect the traders?
- What is factor price equalization?
Part – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 300 words each. (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
- Explain the interdependence between international and domestic trade.
- What are the factors affecting terms of trade?
- Bring out the gains arising out of international trade.
- Explain the major features of India’s exchange rate policy?
- Discuss the impact of globalization on international trade.
- How does the IMF help the developing countries in terms of its functions?
- Explain the purchasing power parity theory of exchange rate.
Part – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Explain the different terms of trade with its significance.
- Discuss the theory of comparative advantage given by Ricardo.
- Distinguish between the Classical and the Modern theories of international trade?
Explain the components and direction of India’s foreign trade?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: