LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOV 2006
EC 5403 – LABOUR ECO. & LABOUR WELFARE
(Also equivalent to ECO 403)
Date & Time : 03-11-2006/9.00-12.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each: (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
- Comment ‘Labour’ as a factor of production.
- Write a short note on Living wage.
- Distinguish between strike and lockout.
- What do you mean by bonus?
- State the important merits of Residual Claimant theory of wages.
- List out the theories of wages.
- Mention the types of adjudication authorities.
PART –B (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
Answer any FOUR questions in about 250 words each.
- Explain the Whiteley Commission Report.
- Examine the Employees State Insurance Scheme 1948.
- What are the characteristic features of labour?
- What do you mean by collective bargaining?
- Describe the rise of industrial disputes and quest for harmony.
- Mention the objectives of AITUC.
- Explain the MinimumWages Act of 1948.
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Describe the workers participation in India.
- Discuss the characteristic features of labour market.
- Explain the defects and measures to strengthen the trade union movement in India.
18. Examine the social security measures in India.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: