LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034 B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOV 2006
EC 5400 – SOCIAL ECONOMICS
(Also equivalent to ECO 400)
Date & Time : 03-11-2006/9.00-12.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Part – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each. (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
- Define social economics.
- What is slavery?
- How to measure BPL?
- What is disguised unemployment?
- What is differential rate interest? or credit subsidies?
- Who is a beggar? Explain.
- What is investment in human capital?
Part – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 300 words each. (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
- Explain the characteristics of social economics.
- Discuss the various types of unemployment.
- Bring out the requisites of economic growth.
- What is the social banking? Explain.
- Explain the causes of crimes.
- Explain the role of National Health Insurance Scheme in India.
- Discuss the meaning of business manipulation.
Part – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Describe the causes and remedial measures of poverty.
- Analyze the recent reservation issues in India.
- Critically evaluate the problems of beggary in India and give remedial measures.
Discuss refugee problems in India with special reference to Srilankan refugees. Give your suggestion to solve this problem.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: