LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – November 2008
EC 5500 – INDIAN ECONOMY – II
Date : 03-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART A (5 x 4 = 20 marks)
Answer any FIVE of the following each answer not exceeding more than 75 words
- Define Indusrialisation.
- Write a Short note on Industrial Estates.
- What do you mean by Industrial licensing?
- Define Privatisation.
- State the Industrial Policy of 1948.
- Differentiate between Small scale industries and cottage industries.
- What do you mean by Joint sector?
PART B (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
Answer any FOUR of the following each answer not exceeding more than 250 words
- Explain the role of Public Sector in India.
- Briefly explain the Industrial Policy Resolution of 1977.
- State and explain the problems of sugar industries in India.
- Outline the arguments for Privatisation.
- Briefly explain the problems faced by textile industry in India in recent years
- What is Rail Road Co-ordination? Indicate the findings and recommendations of Masani Committee.
- State and explain the factors that act as hindrances to Industrial Development.
PART C (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
Answer any TWO of the following each answer not exceeding more than 900 words
- Discuss the role of transport in economic development.
- Critically analyse the Industrial Policy Resolution of 1991.
- Discuss the role of Small Scale Industries in India.
- Trace the growth and genesis of iron and steel industry in India.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: