LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – November 2008
EC 5502 – MONEY & BANKING
Date : 07-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer any five questions in about 75 words. (5×4=20 marks)
- Distinguish between Legal tender money and Optional money.
- What is High power money?
- Explain the uses of Index number.
- What is Neutrality of money?
- Compare Branch banking and Unit banking.
- Is the central bank necessary for the banking system of country?
- What are the constituents of money market?
Answer any four questions in about 300 words. (4×10=40 marks)
- “Money is the pivot around which the economic science clusters” – Discuss.
- What is an Index number? How is it constructed?
- Explain the determinants of money supply.
- Critically examine the Cash balance approach.
- Enumerate the various items which appear on the asset side of a Balance sheet of the Commercial bank.
- Explain the functions of R.B.I
- Discuss the characteristics of well developed money market.
Answer any two questions in about 900 words. (2×20=40 marks)
- Discuss the types and functions of money.
- Critically examine the Cash transaction approach.
- What steps can be taken by the Central bank to control the supply of credit? How far can its action be effective?
Explain the functions of new issue market.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: