LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
EC 5507 – FISCAL ECONOMICS – II
Date : 08/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each: (5 x 4 = 20 Marks)
- Define Capital Gains Tax.
- What is Excise Duty?
- Explain the purpose of Motor Vehicle Tax.
- List the functions of Gram Panchayats.
- Define Capital Budget.
- What is Deficit Budgeting?
- List the functions of a Finance Commission.
PART – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 250 words each: (4 X 10 = 40 Marks)
- Discuss the effects of Personal Income Tax.
- Argue for and against Agricultural Income Tax.
- Examine the consequences of Excise Duty.
- Explain the revenue resources of a Municipal Corporation.
- Distinguish between Revenue Budget and Capital Budget.
- Examine methods of inter-governmental financial transfers.
- Analyse the problems in Federal Finance.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each: (2 X 20 = 40 Marks)
- Evaluate the taxes levied by the State Governments.
- Critically analyse the problems in Local Finance.
- Examine the causes and consequences of deficit budgeting.
- Critically analyse the recommendations of the 13th Finance Commission.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: