LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A., DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
THIRD SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
EC 3501 – INDIAN ECONOMY – II
Date : 02-11-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9.00 – 12.00
PART – A
Answer any FIVE questions not exceeding 75 words each: (5 x 4 = 20 Marks)
- What do you mean by industrialization?
- What is meant by industrial licensing policy?
- Write any two important features of private sector in Indian economy.
- Define Joint Sector.
- Write short notes on small scale industries.
- Name two effects of Transport in economic development of a nation.
- What are the problems faced by Indian shipping?
PART – B
Answer any FIVE of the following each answer should not exceed 300 words: (5 X 8 = 40 marks)
- Give a brief account of the role of industry in India.
- Examine the Industrial Policy Resolution of 1991.
- Discuss the problems faced by small scale industries in India.
- Distinguish between private sector and public sector and analyse its merits and demerits
in Indian economy.
- Explain the role of road transport in economic development.
- Give a brief account about the Industrial estates and its objectives.
- Describe the merits and demerits of Indian Airways.
PART – C
Answer any TWO of the following each answer should not exceed 900 words: (2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- Enumerate the problems faced by the Cotton textile industries in India and analyse the measures to solve those problems.
- Explain the growth of industrialization during the five year plans.
- Analyse the various types of industrial sectors like private, public, joint and co-operative sectors.
Discuss the advantages of Road Transport in India compared to other modes of transport
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: