LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS, SOCIOLOGY & ENGLISH
THIRD SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
HT 3202 – PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Date : 09/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer ANY TEN of the following questions in not exceeding Ten Lines each: (10×2=20)
- Define Private Administration
- Rule of Law
- Secrecy of the Cabinet
- Single Transferable Vote
- Planning Commission
- No-confidence Motion
- Administrative Tribunal
- Plan Holiday
- Deficit Budget
- Separation of Powers
PART – B
Answer ANY FOUR in a page each: (4×10=40)
- Compare and contrast the Private and Public Administration.
- Explain the objectives and functions of Planning Commission in India.
- What are the powers of Prime Minister of India?
- Enumerate the Administrative functions of the Governor.
- Comment on the concept and functions of Delegated Legislation.
- Describe the Directive Principles of State Policy with spl. ref. to liberal, social and Gandhian principles.
PART – C
Answer ANY TWO questions in Four Pages each: (2×20=40)
- Define Administration and explain its significance.
- Assess the Parliamentary Sovereignty in India and point out the values of Democracy.
- Describe the concept, recruitment, training and significance of Indian Administrative Service.
- Explain the various test and evaluation methods in National Recruitment Procedure and point out the objectives and relevance of these tests.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: