LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
EC 5401 – TAMIL NADU ECONOMY
Date : 10/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer any Five questions in about 75 words each: (5 x 4=20 marks)
- What is Regional Economics?
- What is poverty line?
- Give an account of recent literacy rate of Tamil Nadu.
- What do you mean by cropping pattern?
- What is irrigation? What are the modern irrigation methods?
- What do you mean by cottage industry?
- What is rail-road co-ordination?
Answer any Four questions in about 250 words each: (4 x 10= 40 marks)
- What do you understand about present structure of education in Tamil Nadu?
- What are the objectives of state planning?
- What are the causes for the low agricultural productivity in Tamil Nadu?
- What are the problems of agricultural marketing?
- Explain the problems and performance of cement industry in Tamil Nadu.
- Examine the State aid to industrial development in Tamil Nadu.
- List out the performance of banking sector in Tamil Nadu.
Answer any Two question in about 900 words each: (2 x 20 =40 marks)
- Analyse the growth and performance of Cotton Textile Industries in Tamil Nadu.
- What are thevarious poverty alleviation programmes in Tamil Nadu?
- Explain agricultural development in Tamil Nadu during the state plan period.
- Examine the significance of Road and Rail Transport.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: