LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ENGLISH LITERATURE
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2011
EL 5401 – INDIAN FOLKLORE
Date : 19-04-2011 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
- Write short note on any FIVE of the following oral genres (75 words only) 5 x 4 = 20
- Snake dance
- Answer in paragraph any FOUR of the following in not less than 150 words. 4 x 10 = 40
- What is the prominence of Kaavadi Aatam, Poikkal Kudirai, Bommalattam, Silambattam?
- What are the characteristics of Folk Music?
- State the significance and relevance of ‘Karagatam’ in the village temple festivals.
- Mention the various beliefs and superstitions still prevalent in the villages today.
- Describe the various characteristics of folklore.
- Attempt an essay on any TWO of the following in 300-500 words: 2 x 20 = 40
- Bring out the various forms of folklore prevailing in the tradition of ours.
- List out the reasons why the birth of the first child after the marriage is a great event in any household.
- What are the very many fairs and festivals celebrated in our Tamil tradition?
How are the popular musical instruments classified and do mention the names of such instruments?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: