LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ENGLISH LITERATURE
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
EL 6603 – ENGLISH FOR EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
Date : 18-04-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
Answer ALL the questions briefly: (10 x 2= 20 marks)
- Discuss very briefly TWO definitions of ‘communication.’
- Discuss TWO important features of ‘effective communication.’
- Discuss TWO important features of the different channels of communication.
- Comment on TWO important barriers to effective communication.
- Explain the term ‘kinesics’
- When are telephone interviews relevant?
- Why is body language important for effective communication?
- Discuss the importance of humour in effective communication.
- Explain the importance of any TWO modern means of communication.
- Explain any TWO important features of teleconferencing.
Answer any FOUR of the following: (4 x 10 = 40 marks)
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a telephonic interview?
- Explain the significance of video conferencing.
- How can one project himself positively during a job interview?
- What are some of the important differences between oral and written
- How does culture interfere with effective communication?
Answer the following in about 300 words each: (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Write an essay on the positive and negative features of non-verbal communication.
Enumerate the barriers to effective communication and propose how communication can be made more effective.
- Write an essay elaborating the advantages of written communication over oral communication.
What are the objectives of a Group Discussion? What must one do to improve his/her performance in a Group Discussion?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: