LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ENGLISH LITERATURE
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
EL 5404 – DYNAMICS OF ORAL COMMUNICATION
Date : 16/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
- Write short notes on any five of the following in about 30 words each: (5×4=20 marks)
- Campus interview
- Dyadic Communication
- Inter-personal Communication
- Turn- Taking
- Eye Contact in speech presentation
- Consensus in a group-discussion
- Answer any four of the following in about 150 words each: (4×10=40 marks)
- Enumerate the characteristics of Inter-Personal communication.
- Explain the functions of Dyadic communication.
- Explain briefly the role of a leader/moderator in a group discussion.
- Compare and contrast the attitude to be observed towards one’s employer and subordinate in an organization.
- What are the steps to be followed in writing an effective resume? Give an example.
- Highlight the parameters to be observed while delivering an effective speech presentation.
III Answer the following in about 400 words each: (2×20=40 marks)
- Imagine yourself as a member and the leader of the group comprising of A,B,C &D. How
will you channelize a discussion on the topic “The age of retirement should be reduced
to forty in order to eradicate the problem of un-employment in India.”
Draft a speech presentation on the topic “The benefits of environmental conservation”.
- Attempt an essay on successful performance in job interviews.
The significance of effective spoken communication in the present corporate scenario.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: