LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
THIRD SEMESTER – April 2009
BU 3501 – COMPANY LAW & SEC. PRACTICE
Date & Time: 06/05/2009 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Answer all questions. (10 x 2 = 20marks)
- What is Separate Legal Entity?
- What is a “One Man Company”?
- What is Certificate of Incorporation?
- What is “Doctrine of Indoor Management”?
- What is “Interim Dividend”?
- What are the matters with respect to which proper Books of Accounts are to be maintained?
- Mention any FOUR “Non-Statutory books ”that are generally maintained by Companies?
- Why was NCLT constituted?
- What is Dividend Mandate?
- What is “Interest”?
Answer any FIVE questions. (5 x 8 = 40marks)
- Define a Private Company and what are the restrictions imposed on a private company by its Articles of Association?
- Who is a Promoter? What are the main functions of a Promoter?
- What are the important points to be kept in mind while altering the Articles of Association?
- Discuss the important functions entrusted to ‘A Secretary’ under Companies Act.
- What is Drafting of Minutes? Explain in detail the Contents of Minutes.
- What is Notice? What are the Contents of a Notice?
- What are the “Exceptions to the ‘Doctrine of Indoor Management’’? Explain.
- What is a Foreign Company? What are the important provisions relating to foreign Companies?
Answer any TWO questions (2 x 20 = 40marks)
- Explain the documents to be prepaid for incorporations of a company.
- What are the privileges and exemptions available to all Private Companies? Explain.
- Discuss in detail the rules regarding Payment of Dividend.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: