LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
THIRD SEMESTER – April 2009
BU 3500 – MERCANTILE LAW
Date & Time: 05/05/2009 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
SECTION – A
Answer ALL the questions. (10×2=20)
- What is a ‘voidable contract.’?
- Mention the persons who are not competent to contract.
- Give the meaning of ‘misrepresentation.’
- Define ‘reciprocal promises’.
- What are wagering agreements?
- Write a note on ‘indemnity.’
- List the two essentials needed for relationship of agency.
- State the meaning of ‘passing of property.’
- What is a ‘private carrier’?
- What is a public policy?
SECTION – B
Answer any FIVE questions. (5×8=40)
- Discuss the essentials of a valid contract.
- State the legal rules of a valid offer.
- “A mere silence as to facts is not fraud” Discuss.
- Discuss any five agreements which are contrary to public policy.
- Explain the various types of Fire Insurance policies.
- Enumerate the principles of insurance.
- State the rights of an agent against the principal.
- How is a dealer registered under Central Sales Tax Act?
SECTION – C
Answer any TWO questions. (2×20=40)
- What are the various ways in which a contract may be discharged?
- Discuss the rights, duties and liabilities of a common carrier.
- Explain the conditions and warranties implied by law in a contract for Sale of Goods.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: