LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
FOURTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
BU 4501 – MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Date : 21-04-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A
Answer ALL Questions: (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- What is a Product – Mix.
- State any two pricing objectives.
- Define ‘Marketing’.
- Give any two advantages of Branding.
- Who is a Wholesaler?
- What is a Business Market?
- Who is a Consumer?
- What is Product Line?
- Describe ROI pricing.
- State the contents on the label of a Consumer Durable Product.
PART – B
Answer any FIVE Questions: (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- Differentiate between Market and Marketing. Describe any three types of Markets.
- Explain briefly the elements of a Marketing Mix.
- Describe the important steps in the new Product Development Process.
- Give the importance of pricing a product correctly. Also state the factors influencing pricing.
- What are the major types of brands? State the advantages of branding.
- Briefly describe the stages in the ‘Product Life Cycle’.
- Define ‘Product Mix’. What are the advantages of altering a product mix?
- What do you mean by ‘Channels of Distribution’? Describe any two important channels of distribution.
PART – C
Answer any TWO Questions: (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- What is ‘Market Segmentation’? State the criteria for segmentation and the advantages of segmenting a market.
- Explain the importance of effective Customer Relationship Management.
- Define ‘Promotion’. Describe the role of communication in Promotion.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: