LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
FIFTH SEMESTER – NOV 2006
BU 5502 – HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
(Also equivalent to BUA 508)
Date & Time : 30-10-2006/9.00-12.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Explain the following concepts in FIVE lines each (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- Human Resources
- Informal Group
- Job satisfaction
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- What are the major factors that determine personality?
- What factors contribute towards job satisfaction?
- How will deal with conflict in an organization.
- Should promotion be based on merit or seniority?
- What is organizational culture? What are the functions of Organizational culture?
- Explain the principles of training.
- Why is a study of Human resources important?
- How will you deal with informal groups in an organization.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- What is piece rate and time rate of payment? Explain their merits and demerits. What are the various methods of calculating and paying incentives to employees in an organization?
- What is organizational development? How would you go about in developing an organization? What techniques would you use?
- Explain any six methods of performance appraisal.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: