LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
FIFTH SEMESTER – November 2008
BU 5400 – BANKING
Date : 12-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
SECTION – A
- Answer all the questions: (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
- Define Banking.
- Who is a customer?
- Write short notes on Branch banking.
- Who is a paying banker?
- Define inflation.
- What is meant by lien?
- Write a note on Phone banking.
- What do you understand by the term Garnishee order?
- What is an overdraft?
- Expand the following:
- CRR (b) SLR
SECTION – B
- Answer any FIVE questions only: (5 x 8 = 40 Marks )
- Discuss the merits and demerits of Unit banking.
- “Every loan create deposits” – Explain.
- When the banker must refuse the payment of cheques?
- State the precautions to be taken by a paying banker before honoring a cheque.
- Describe the various types of deposits accepted by the commercial banks in India.
- Mention the SEBI guidelines relating to registration of Merchant Banker.
- Explain any four recent developments in Indian banking sector.
- What are the principles followed by a banker while making loans and advances?
SECTION – C
III. Answer any TWO questions only: (2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- Explain in detail the various functions of Reserve Bank of India.
- Describe the general and special relationship between the Banker and the Customer.
- Discuss the role played and the functions performed by the Merchant Banker.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: