LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
FIFTH SEMESTER – November 2008
BU 5505 – HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Date : 10-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
PART – A
Answer the following. (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- Define Human Resources Management.
- What is Human Resources Planning?
- How is training different form development?
- What are Hygienic Factors?
- What is progressive discipline?
- Define Recruitment.
- What is an aptitude test?
- What are grievances?
- What is performance appraisal?
- What is job analysis?
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions (Answers should not exceed 2 pages each) (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- Explain the changing roles of a HR Manager. How does he play the role as a strategic business partner?
- State the objectives of recruitment.
- Explain the different kinds of employment interviews.
- Lay down a good grievance procedure for a IT Company.
- How is Job Description different from job specification?
- How would you assess and evaluate the effectiveness of a training programme?
- How will you deal with surplus manpower in an organisaton? Is voluntary reteriment a suitable answer to the problem?
- Explain the different kinds of on the job training?
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions (Answers should not exceed 6 pages each) (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Explain the different traditional methods of performance appraisals bringing out their merit and demerits.
- Explain Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. Explain the Hygiene. Motivator theory of Fredrick Herzberg.
- Explain the different kinds of off the job training programmes. Explain the merits and demerits of each one of them.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: