LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
FIFTH SEMESTER – November 2008
BU 5500 – BUSINESS & SOCIETY
Date : 03-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
SECTION – A
Answer All the questions: (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
- Mention any two objectives of a business organization.
- What are the various forms of business?
- Write a note on business ethics.
- Define Social audit.
- What do you understand by the term “Consumerism”?
- What is Money market?
- What is meant by Public issue of shares?
- What is an “online trading”?
- Give the meaning of Lay-off.
- What is Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme?
SECTION – B
Answer any FIVE questions only: (5 x 8 = 40 Marks)
- Briefly explain the characteristics and goals of business.
- Explain the principles of labour legislation.
- What are the various benefits available to a member under the ESI, Act, 1948?
- Discuss the changing image of Indian businessman in the Post- liberalization era.
- What are the rights of consumer under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986?
- Highlight salient features of Workman’s compensation.
- What are the functions of the Capital market?
- Explain the concept of professional misconduct.
SECTION – C
Answer any TWO questions only: (2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- Explain in detail the Social responsibility of business in the modern era.
- Discuss the Health and Safety provisions available to workmen under the Factories Act, 1948.
- Enumerate the pivotal role played by Consumer disputes redressal agencies in India.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: