LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
FIFTH SEMESTER – November 2008
BU 5502 – HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Date : 11-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A
Answer ALL Questions:- ( 10 x 2 = 20)
- What constitutes ‘Personality’ of individuals?
- Define ‘Values’ and what are its kinds?
- What is recruitment?
- What do you understand by ‘Morale’ in an organization?
- When is an employee aggrieved?
- What is grapevine? Is it good for an organization?
- Can conflict be positive in an organization? Give an example.
- What do you mean by ‘off the job training’?
- What do you mean by job matching?
- Explain factor comparison method of determining compensation for workers.
Answer any FIVE questions :- ( 5 X 8 = 40 )
- How are attitudes formed in an individual and how does it affect the performance at work?
- Explain the relevance of 360 degree appraisal.
- What are the learning principles that should be kept in mind while planning a training programme?
- Explain the steps involved in a grevence proudure.
15 What are the different types of interviews and their purposes?
- What are the causes for job dissatisfaction of employees?
- Explain the pros and cons of ‘transfers’ in work place.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of promotion from with in?
Answer any TWO questions:- ( 2 x 20 = 40 )
- Discuss the various tests that may be used in a selection process.
- Explain the various factors that go to create a positive climate in today’s organizations.
- “Conflicts in organizations cannot be avoided but they can only be managed” Do you agree? Give reasons and explain how.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: