LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
FIRST SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2010
BU 1501 – BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
Date : 12-11-10 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A
Answer ALL the Questions: (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- Define the term “Business Environment”.
- What is Gross Domestic Product?
- Define Capitalism.
- What is Environment analysis?
- What do you understand by the term “Union List”?
- “Every contract is an agreement but every agreement is not a contract”. Comment .
- What is Laissez-Faire policy?
- Define Business ethics.
- What is meant by Constitutional Environment?
- What is meant by GATT?
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions: (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- Describe briefly SWOT analysis.
- Define Mixed Economy. State its features.
- State the major objectives of Fiscal Policy in India.
- What are the intermediate functions of the State?
- Describe briefly the powers of SEBI in relation to Stock Exchanges.
- What are the main principles of GATT?
- What are the rights of Consumers under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986?
- What is WTO? Explain briefly its objectives.
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions: (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- What are the factors influencing the Indian Business Environment?
- Discuss in detail the important role of the Government in an Economy.
- Describe the social responsibilities of business towards Owners, Employees, and
Customers and the Community.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: