BLAT is an undergraduate Law entrance exam which is conducted by Banaras Hindu University (BHU) for the admission to the five year integrated course such as B.A L.L.B (Hons) in BHU University.
Official announcement of the BLAT 2016 is about to be declared and applicants who wish to apply can apply before the end date of the registration process. The application mode is only through online and application forms are scheduled to be available from March 2016.
Applicants on first hand must thoroughly read all the eligibility criteria and then apply for the exam only if they are eligible. The eligibility criteria are cross checked during the time of admission. Thus, please make sure that you meet all the eligibility criteria as per the official notification.
- Just like any other exam, applicant who has successfully completed his higher secondary education from a recognized board of school can apply for this exam.
- Such candidates must have secured at least 50% of marks by general category students, 45% marks by OBC candidates and 40% of marks by SC/ST candidates in the qualifying examination.
- Applicants who are currently pursuing 12th standard can also apply for this exam. But they are taken for the admission only after they produce their respective degree certificates on time.
- The candidate must be below 21 years to apply for this examination.
Important dates for BLAT 2016:
Online application process will start from: March 2016
Admit card can be downloaded from: April 2016
BLAT Examination date: May 2016
Result declaration: Second week of June 2016
For further official details please refer the official site of BLAT http://www.bhu.ac.in
Syllabus for BLAT 2016:
- The syllabus is covered from the topics such as General awareness, current affairs, legal aptitude, mental ability and English.
- Thus students must be aware of the current affairs in and around the world, aptitude sections, mathematical sections and comprehension sections.
- Read daily newspapers to update youself with current affairs in the world.
- For legal aptitude please refer the books such as R.S.Aggarwal Quantitative aptitude. Concentrate on topics like time and work, speed and distance, profit and loss, train problems, etc.,
- Also be thorough with basic fundamental mathematical skills.
- Practice yourself with difficult comprehension passages and try to answer them on your own.
Pattern for BLAT 2016:
The questions are of multiple choices of questions.
Total number of questions: 150 questions
Total marks: 450
Total duration of the exam: 90 minutes
Number of sections: 5
Sections in detail: English, General Knowledge, Legal aptitude section, mathematics and Reasoning sections.
Negative marks are applicable for every wrong attempt.
How to apply?
- Visit the official site of BLAT. The official site is http://www.bhu.ac.in
- The entrance test portal for BLAT is http://www.bhuonline.in
- Register yourself with the site. Please check the username and password sent to your mail id.
- Download the application form for BLAT
- Fill in all the necessary details such as correct contact number, correct residential address, full name, native place, test centre choice and so on.
- Please verify these details twice.
- Check the application fee for BLAT. Rs.500/- for general category students and Rs.250/- for SC/ST students. Please make sure this in the official site of BLAT.
- You can either pay the application fee through net banking, debit/credit cards, or through Bank challan from HDFC banks.
- Once paid, the application fee will not be refunded.
Admit card for BLAT 2016:
- The admit card for BLAT 2016 is scheduled to be available from the month of April 2016. This admit card must be downloaded from the official website of BLAT with the help of the unique registration ID which is allotted to the applicants during the time of online submission of application form.
- SMS notification is also given regarding the status of the admit card of the applicants. Thus it is very necessary to give the correct details of contact number, email id during the process of filling the application form.
- If the applicant is not able to download the admit card or having any incorrect details in the admit card must immediately contact the authorities of BHU, Varanasi. The help desk phone number of BHU Varanasi is: 08574587668.
- Please check the details in the admit card such as your full name, test centre, registration number, test date, etc., clearly.
- Affix a passport sixe photograph to the admit card. This passport size photograph must be similar to the one used during the application submission.
Counselling session for BLAT 2016:
To be a student of Banaras Hindu University the candidate must be securing highest possible marks. Thus, the candidates are selected only on the basis of their merit performance and only such candidates are called for a counselling session to join in BHU.
Sample questions for BLAT preparation:
Let’s check few of the questions asked in BLAT English section for preparation purpose:
- The wino passed out in a _____puddle of his own regurgitant.
- Super chunky
- The psychotic seven year old subjected his puppy to repeated acts of ___
Books for BLAT:
- BHU by Arihant Experts
- Legal Aptitude for CLAT and other Law entrance examination by A.P.Bhardwaj
- The Pearson’s Legal refresher For the CLAT and Law Entrance and Judicial Services examinations by A.P.Bhardwaj.
- Legal awareness and legal reasoning by A.P.Bharjwaj.
How to prepare for BLAT:
- Just like other Law entrance examination, this exam also requires a lot of critical thinking and presence of mind.
- Thus, start reading the daily newspapers and magazines which will give you knowledge about current affairs in the world.
- Always try to practice new words from the English news papers and magazines. This will help you in improving your vocabulary.
- Please refer the prescribed books for the BLAT Be thorough enough on any topic possible.
- Be aware of the syllabus and pattern for BLAT. Also, please be clear on which sections to concentrate more. This will help you to face the exam confidently.
- You can also refer the CLAT preparation books for clearing the BLAT