1. Which is the highest road in the world?
2. In which country is leaning tower of Pisa?
3. Where is the headquarters of Asian Development Bank?
(B) Hong Kong
(D) New Delhi
4. Which country’s Parliament is called Majlis?
5. Which day is observed as International Nurses Day?
(A) March 08
(B) May 12
(C) June 14
(D) December 23
6. Which of these colours are common to the National Flags of India and Pakistan ?
(A) White & Blue
(B) Blue & Green
(C) White & Green
7. Which place in India is known for its distinct French Culture ?
8. Which of the following deserts is in India ?
9. ‘National Education Day’ is observed on
(A) September 21
(B) October 15
(C) November 11
(D) November 19
10. The largest organ in the human body is
(A) Large intestine
11. On which river is Nagarjunasagar Irrigation and Power Project?
12. Which city is called the city of Nawabs?
13. Where is Dilwara temple?
(A) Mount Abu
14. Who is the founder of Forward Bloc?
(A) Bhagat Singh
(B) Aurobindo Ghose
(C) Acharya Narendra Dev
(D) Subhash Chandra Bose
15. ‘Sundarban’ is the largest ……………. in the worl(D)
(C) Char area
(D) Flood plain
16. The steel city ‘Bokaro’ is in ……………..
(B) Madhya Pradesh
17. What is the term of a member of the Rajya Sabha–
(A) 4 years
(B) 5 years
(C) 6 years
(D) None of these
18. ‘Last Judgement’ was the first painting of an Italian Painter named–
(A) M. F. Hussain
19. What is ‘Big Ben’ ?
(A) Big sound
(B) Big Bang
(C) A Clock
(D) A Cock
20. The yellow colour of urine is due to the presence of
21. The place where a boxing match takes place is–
(A) A stand
(B) A stage
(C) A ring
(D) An arena
22. Machmohan Line is the border between–
(A) India and Pakistan
(B) India and Nepal
(C) India and Tibet
(D) India and Bhutan
23. Which of the following is not a classical dance form?
(A) Bharat Natyam
24. “Padma” Awards are given away by :
(A) The President
(B) The Prime Minister
(C) The Chief Justice of Supreme Court
(D) The Vice President
25. The Elephant Falls is situated at
26. ‘Glaucoma’ is a disease of :-
27. What is the minimum age for IAS entrance ?
(A) 18 yrs
(B) 21 yrs
(C) No age bar
(D) None of these
28. Champaran Satyagraha was led by
(A) Amaresh Chakravarty
(B) Pulinbehari Sarkar
29. Which of the following names is given to the planetary winds blowing between the tropics?
(B) Polar winds
(D) Trade winds
30. Who of the following discovered the laws of planetary orbits?
(A) Galileo Galilei
(B) Nicholas Copernicus
(C) Johannes Keplar
(D) Isaac Newton
31. Which Strait divides Europe from Africa?
32. Indian standard time is the local time of
33. The Indian first atomic power station was built at
34. Which of the following is not a member of the SAARC?
35. The father of Genetics is
36. Which of the following is not a device for redressal of the citizen’s grievances?
(D) Censor Board
37. Who was called “Grand old lady of Indian Nationalism”?
(A) Sarojini Naidu
(B) Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy
(C) Dr. Annie Besant
38. In South India, the summer rains are known as
(A) mango showers
(B) western disturbances
(C) violent local storms
39. Where is the Kaziranga National Park located?
(C) West Bengal
40. Who was the first woman to reach Everest twice?
(B) Santosh Yadav
(D) Junco Tabai
41. Who was the founder of Arya Samaj?
(A) K.M. Munshi
(B) Swami Vivekananda
(C) Lain Lajpat Rai
(D) Swami Dayananda Sarawati
42. Who invented the Gravitation Law?
43. Which of the following is not renewable source of energy ‘
44. Which is the longest day in the northern hemisphere?
(A) March 21
(B) September 23
(C) Juno 15
(D) June 21
45. What does Richter scale measure
46. In which state is Chilka lake?
(D) J & K
47. The dish ‘Momo’ comes from ……………..
48. Greenwich Mean Time is the standard time of …………….
49. ‘Tripoli’ is the capital of
(D) Saudi Arabia
50. The section ‘classified’ in a newspaper is meant for……………….