1. The candidate should fill his/her online application form available on the PGI website i.e. http://www.pgimer.edu.in. He/She should fill all the fields/columns of the form. No fields/columns should be left blank. After filling application form the candidate should deposit the application fee through challan form (Triplicate) in any branch of SBI.
2. Candidates can go to any Branch of State Bank of India with the fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay the prescribed Application Fee in the “Power Jyoti” PUL current account of PGIMER. The Challan form is required to be filled up in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Examination) in the Power Jyoti Account No. 32211613319 and those candidates who have SBI account can also pay their fee through i-collect service of SBI and I-collect Account No. is 32222954695. In that case the INB
reference No. will have to be mentioned instead of Challan No. in the application form. The fees for GENERAL/OBC/OPH candidates is Rs.1000/- and for SC/ST Rs.800/- (indicating category i.e. General or SC/ST). (The candidates should write his/her Name, Address, contact number and course name in which he/she is applying, on the back of Challan form). Fee once deposited is nonrefundable. No representation/ request/ demand for refund of application fees will be entertained if the candidate fails to apply within the stipulated time after payment of application fee.
3. Candidates must note that no other form of payment of application fees like Demand Draft, Banker Cheque, Money Order, Postal order, etc. will not be accepted under any circumstances, and any application form without a copy of the Challan will be rejected without any further correspondence with the candidates.
4. MD/MS Candidates belonging to Foreign National Category MUST write Three choices of Subjects on the printed Application form.
5. The candidate should ensure to take printout of application form after completing all details. Candidates belonging to Foreign National Category, Sponsored Category and Presently Employed candidates are required to submit their NOC from Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi, Sponsorship Certificate from Competent Authority and NOC from Employer respectively.
The Applications of above mentioned categories i.e. Foreign national and Sponsored category alongwith requisite certificates must reach the office of Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh- 160012, atleast 15 days before the commencement of the Entrance Examination.
6. The candidates who qualify the written test are required to submit the print out of online application form, a photograph and copies of certificates duly attested in support of educational qualification(s), experience, age/date of birth certificate, caste certificate, Fresh OBC certificate, challan form and NOC from the present employer, if employed at the time of counseling. Candidates should sign all the documents forming enclosure to the application, and also put the date.
7. Incomplete applications will not be considered, and no correspondence will be entertained in this matter. All particulars in the application form must be written carefully and legibly. All claims made in the application must be supported with documentary proof.
8. Candidates who have already done, or are doing, MD/MS in any subject at the time of applying, shall not be considered for admission to MD/MS courses. If it is found, during active verification at a later stage, that the candidate has given wrong information, his/her registration will be cancelled without any notice.
9. Candidates who have obtained MBBS degree from a Medical College not recognized by the Medical Council of India are not eligible to apply.
10. Candidates in employment must forward their application through proper channel. Online Application will be treated as advance copy of the application. Application through proper channel should be sent to the Registrar of the Institute within 10 days after the last date fixed for the receipt of applications.
11. No request for a change of category applied for shall be entertained after the submission of the application to the Institute.
12. The number of the vacancies where indicated are provisional and may be reduced/ increased without prior notice.
13. Roll Numbers/Admit Cards for appearing in the entrance examination will available for download to eligible candidates approximately 15 days in advance and can be downloaded from the website by logging into their accounts on the website with their respective login id and password. Roll Numbers / Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post.
14. Candidates are requested to cooperate with the security personnel and other staff who have been instructed to carry out frisking at the entry of the examination hall/ premises.
15. All the candidates appearing for the entrance test are instructed ‘NOT TO BRING’ water bottle, car key (Remote), chain, any mobile phones/pager/pen/wrist watch/ring/wallets/ladies purse/ornaments (Earrings, rings etc) or any other electronic device, even envelope of admit card to the examination hall. The candidates with these articles will not be permitted to enter in the
examination hall. The examination centres are not responsible for the safe custody of the belongings of the candidates and they have to make their own arrangement for their safe custody.
16. Entrance examination/counseling will be held as per schedule. These dates will not be changed, even if the day is declared as a holiday or half-holiday by the Chandigarh Administration. Attending the counseling/counseling is mandatory.
17. The candidates invited for the selection may have to stay at Chandigarh for 2-3 days. No TA/DA is admissible to them for the purpose.
18. The decision of the Director of the Institute in the matter of selection of candidates for the various courses shall be final.
19. Any attempt on the part of a candidate to influence the selection, directly or indirectly, will be treated as disqualification.
20. Selected candidates shall have to pay the fee etc. on the same day, failing which his/her selection will be treated as cancelled and the seat will be offered to the candidates on the waiting list in order of merit.
21. The candidates selected for the course shall have to furnish the migration certificate from the University/Institute from which they passed their last examination at the time of their joining, alongwith all other certificates in original in support of their qualification, experience, etc.
22. No individual intimation is sent to unselected candidates, and no correspondence on the subject is entertained.
23. The period of training is strictly full time and ordinarily continuous at the Institute.
24. Private practice in any form during the course is prohibited.
25. Every Junior Resident, except deputed candidates, will be provided partially furnished rent free, accommodation (single room in the hostel) subject to availability.
26. Ragging is a cognizable offence, and is banned in the Institute. Stern action shall be taken against any offenders. Any one indulging in ragging shall be punished appropriately. Punishment may include expulsion from the Institute, imprisonment upto three years and /or a fine upto Rs.25000/-.
27. These rules are subject to change in accordance with the decision of the Institute taken from time to time.
28. In case of any dispute, the same shall be settled within the jurisdiction of Chandigarh.
In case any candidate is found to have supplied false information or certificate etc., or is found to have concealed or withheld some information in the application form, he/she shall be debarred from admission. Any other action, that may be considered appropriate by the Director of the Institute, may also be taken against him/her, which may include criminal prosecution.