CBSE Class I Mathematics:
CBSE Class 1:
CBSE Class 1 students have various subjects like Mathematics, Science, English, Computer and Hindi. Among this, let us check the details about the CBSE Mathematics below:
Chapters covered in CBSE Class I Mathematics:
Math is a very important subject to trigger the brain right from the childhood. Students get familiar with this subject right from their younger age through counting and number systems. Keeping this in mind, CBSE board has developed suitable Mathematics syllabus for every Classes. Through CBSE Class I Math, students get adapted to a sequential system of learning math which can make them to learn it comfortable. With few small examples and simple exercises, CBSE trains even the small kid to brilliantly solve the mathematical questions.
Thus, let us check the chapters covered in the CBSE Class 1 Mathematics here:
- Shapes and Spaces:
Students are trained to find out various shapes and sizes. In addition to this, they are trained to know the special relations such as Top, bottom, under, above, near, far, before, etc.
Shapes like Hexagon, square, pentagon, cube, oval and various other shapes are trained through real time objects.
Exercises for this chapter:
- Students have to collect different objects from the surroundings such as stones, pebbles, cones, pipes and name their shapes in their notes.
- They are taught to observe the effects caused due to rolling and sliding of the shaped objects.
- Sorts and finds out the 2D objects which are made out of card board.
- Number system:
Developing the knowledge in counting and numbering systems. They are taught to count from one to hundred at this stage.
Exercises for this chapter:
- Counts the number of toys, dolls which are in their surroundings.
- Recognizes and speaks numbers from 1 to 9.
- Forms number sequence from 10 to 20.
- Knows the difference between group of tens and ones in numbering system.
- Writes the numerals from 11 to 19. Also, spells the numerals.
- Addition and Subtraction:
Addition and Subtraction is rather an important part in mathematics. Students are taught to add and subtract using the real objects and pictures. Learns to add and subtract the numbers upto 20. Knows the importance of Zero in addition and subtraction.
- Telling time:
- Knows the importance of time. Learns to check the events occurring earlier and later.
- Introduction to time. Difference between morning, afternoon, day and night.
- Reading the clock.
- Understanding which activities takes longer time.
- Difference between analog and digital clocks.
- Sequencing student activities according to the time occurrence.
- The time now is 8 o’ Clock.
- 1 minute is equal to 60 seconds.
- 60 minutes is one hour.
- Days, weeks, months patterns:
Students are taught the basic things in Days, months and week patterns.
- Students are taught that there are 12 months in a year, 4 weeks in a month and each week has 7 days.
- Learn the names of the months and days.
- Exercises given to identify the month and day.
- The day after Sunday is Monday.
- Number of days in the month of January is 31.
Students are trained to identify common currencies and notes. Learns the importance of currency and different values of Indian currencies. Adds and subtracts few sums of money.
- Father has a balance of 10 rupees after he purchased shampoo for Rs.10 from the total money Rs.20.
- Differentiates between near, far, thick, thin, longer, shorter, high and low.
- Exercises are given to find out the longer and shorter distance, higher and lower prices, thicker and thinner persons, etc.
- Meera is shorter than Latha with pictures.
- Milk is costlier than egg with pictures and numbers.
- Data handling:
- Counting letters in a name.
- Grouping names with the same number of letters
- Counting and recognizing shapes, etc.,
- Total number of letters in “welcome” is 7.
- Sample of 4 letter words are “Good”, “Best”, “Baby”, etc.,
- There are 3 squares and 2 ovals in this picture.
These are the topics which are covered for the Class 1 CBSE students.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: