State Level National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Exam-2016 Class-VIII
Held on 8 November, 2015
General Mental Ability Test (GMAT)
Directions-(Q. 1-10) Each question has four terms. Three terms are alike in someway. One term is different from others. Find out the different term and write its number on your answer sheet against the proper question number-
(D) Madhya Pradesh
(A) Bottle Goard
Directions-(Q. 11-15) There are four terms in each question. The terms right to the symbol : : have same relationship as the two terms of the left of the symbol : : Out of the four terms one term is missing, which is one of the four alternative given below. Find out the correct alternative and write its number against the corresponding question on your answer sheet-
11. 4 : 64 : : 6 : ?
12. B : 5 : : D : ?
13. Jharkhand : Ranchi : : Sikkim : ?
14. DHLP : FJNR : : FKNS : ?
15. Fox : Clever : : Donkey : ?
Directions-(Q. 16-20) There are four figures in each question. The figure right to the symbol : : have same relationship as the two figures of the left of the symbol : : out of the four figures one figure is missing. Which is one of the four alternatives given below. Find out the correct alternative and write its number against the corresponding question on your answer sheet-
Directions-(Q. 21-25) These question are based on number series. One term is missing in each series and indicated by question mark (?) find out the missing term out of the four alternatives given below and write its alternative number against the correct question number on your answer sheet-
21. 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, ?
22. 2, 4, 7, 11, 16, ?
23. 2, 3, 6, 11, 18, ?
24. 2, 6, 12, 20, 30, ?
25. 6, 24, 120, 210, 343, ?
Directions-(Q. 26-30)j Problem figures is given at the left hand side consisting four design in definite series and the place for fifth design is vacant which has been show by question mark (?). Four answer figures are given against each problem figure. Find out the correct answer figure and write its alternative number against the problem question number on your answer sheet-
Directions-(Q. 31-40) The equations have become wrong because of the wrong order of sings. Choose the correct order of signs from the four options given below so as to make the equations right. Write the alternative number of the correct option on the answer sheet against the corresponding question number-
31. 36 – 9 ÷ 5 = 4 + 5
(A) ÷ + − =
(B) + − ÷ =
(C) = − + ÷
(D) ÷ − = +
32. 3 + 4 = 3 – 2 × 13
(A) + − × =
(B) × + − =
(C) − × = +
(D) + = × −
33. 6 – 2 × 3 + 7 = 8
(A) = × + −
(B) + × = −
(C) + × − =
(D) × + − =
34. 12 = 6 ÷ 3 – 2 + 3
(A) − + = ÷
(B) ÷ + − =
(C) + = − ÷
(D) − ÷ + =
35. 2 + 6 – 4 × 5 = 11
(A) = + × −
(B) × − + =
(C) × + − =
(D) + = − ×
36. 49 = 7 – 3 × 15 ÷ 6
(A) ÷ × − =
(B) × − + =
(C) ÷ − × =
(D) − × ÷ =
37. 2 – 7 = 5 × 7 + 10
(A) + − × =
(B) × + − =
(C) − × = +
(D) = × + −
38. 6 × 2 ÷ 5 + 6 = 21
(A) × ÷ + =
(B) = × + ÷
(C) + × ÷ =
(D) ÷ × + =
39. 3 – 5 × 7 + 9 = 13
(A) + × − =
(B) − × + =
(C) × + − =
(D) − + × =
40. 36 = 12 – 5 + 6 ÷ 2
(A) ÷ + − =
(B) + ÷ − =
(C) = + ÷ −
(D) − + ÷ =
41. If in a code language BJLP is written as DLNR. What will be code of EINT in the same code language?
42. If in a code language STEAM is written as MAETS what will be the code of KICHN in the same code language?
43. If in a code language CEIJ is written as EGKL. What will be code of FHLP in the same code language?
44. If in the code language CKLP is written as AIJN. What will be the code of GMRV in the same code language?
45. If in a code language CFIM is written as DHJO. What will be the code of GKNR in the same code language?
Directions-(Q. 46-50) These questions are based on the following information. Read the information carefully and choose the correct alternative from four alternatives given below each question and write its alternative number against proper question number on your answer sheet-
Information-Among the five brother and sister. Gita is elder than Nisha. Ajit elder than Nisha, but smaller than Gita, Vivek is smaller than Pankaj and Nisha, Nisha, Nisha is elder than Pankaj―
46. Among the five brothers and sisters who is the smallest?
47. Among the five brothers and sisters who is on the second position from top?
48. Among the five brothers and sisters who is the eldest?
49. Among the five brothers and sisters who is on the second position from below?
50. Among the five brothers and sisters who is in middle position?
Directions-(Q. 51-60) These questions are based on definite series. In given question some letters are missing shown by – The missing letters are given in proper sequence as one of the four alternatives given under each question. Find out the correct alternative and write its number on the answer sheet against the proper question number―
53. ― ― M―O―MP―HM―
54. ― ― N―P―NR―IN―
60. ― ― G―P―G―PO―R
Directions-(Q. 61-70) Given below, four words digit are written in every question. Four answer alternative are given below against each question. The words in the question are related to each other in same way. One word from among the four answer alternatives goes best with the words in the question. Find out the correct alternative and write its number against the proper question number-
61. Varanasi, Bareilly, Meerut, Kanpur
62. Raipur, Patna, Jaipur, Ranchi
63. 5, 7, 11, 13
64. 256, 196, 144, 121
65. Carrot, Radish, Turnip, Potato-
(A) Lady Finger
66. January, March, May, August-
67. 64, 216, 729, 125
68. Biology, History, Civics, Economics
(A) Organic Chemistry
69. O, E, U, I
70. 35, 21, 15, 27
Directions-(Q. 71-75) Each of the following question has a group of the three words which are related to each other in some way. This relationship can be represented by one of the four figure alternative given in the beginning. Find out the correct figure alternative and write its alternative number against the corresponding question on your answer sheet-
71. U. P., Gorakhpur, Patna
72. U.P., Bihar, Rajasthan
73. Library, Book, Page
74. Science, Physics, Chemistry
75. Hindi, Sanskrit, English
Direction-(Q. 76-80) In these questions numbers are placed in the figure on the basis of some rules, one place is vacant which is indicated as (?). Find out the correct alternative to replace the question mark (?) and write its alternative number against the proper question number of your answer sheet-
Directions-(Q. 81-85) These questions are based on information given below. Read the following information carefully and answer the following question. There are four alternatives given for each question. Find out the correct alternative and write its number on your answer sheet against the proper question number-
In graduation Umesh opted Science, English and Computer, Girish opted Maths, Biology and Computer, Ganesh opted Maths, English and Sanskrit and Manish opted Maths, Computer and Sanskrit.
81. How many students opted Sanskrit subject?
82. Which subject was opted by the least students?
83. Which subject was opted by the most students?
84. How many students opted English subject?
85. How many students opted Maths subjet?
86. If Ramesh ranked 7th from the top and 11th from bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class?
87. Some boys are sitting in a row. Naresh is sitting 9th from the left, and Ganesh is 12th from Right. If there are six boys between Naresh and Ganesh. How many boys are there in row?
88. Umesh walked 5 km from the his home towards north direction. Then he turned to his left and walked 4 km. Again he turned left and walked 5 km. How many km now he is from his home?
(A) 5 km
(B) 6 km
(C) 4 km
(D) 3 km
89. A person is going towards East. Then he turns to the right again turns to the right. Now in which direction is he going?
90. Dinesh is going towards North. He turns to the left. Again he turns left. Now in which direction is he going?
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
91. The rate of change of velocity is-
92. The satellite of earth is-
93. The chemical formula of marble is-
94. The drug used in headache is-
95. Marsh gas is-
96. The non-renewable source of energy is-
97. Solar energy is converted directly into electrical energy by-
(B) Solar furnace
(C) Solar cell
(D) Solar water heater
98. Gypsum is the ore of-
99. The another name of thermocol is-
100. Normal force acting on unit area is-
101. If any object is placed at focus of convex lens, then image formed by it-
(A) At infinity
(B) At centre of curvature
(C) At focus
(D) Between centre of curvature and focus
102. Which lens is used to remove short sightedness?
(A) Convex lens
(B) Concave lens
103. The speed of light in vacuum is 3 × 105 km/s and in glass 2 × 108 m/s, the refractive index of glass will be-
104. The disease due to virus is-
(D) Cold and cough
105. Chlorelin medicine is made by-
106. The unit of electromotive-force is-
107. Ammeter measures-
(A) Electrical energy
(B) Electric current
(C) Potential difference
108. Which material work as anode in dry cell?
109. The red colour of blood is due to-
(D) blood platelets
110. One Gigabyte is equal to-
(A) 1024 byte
(B) 1024 megabyte
(C) 1024 kilobyte
(D) 1024 terabyte
111. The energy in flowing water is-
(A) Thermal energy
(B) Sound energy
(C) Chemical energy
(D) Mechanical energy
112. Supported roots are found in-
(B) Sugar cane
113. Unicellular plant is-
114. Annual plant is-
115. Petiole is the part of-
116. Vitamin essential for clotting of blood is-
(A) Vitamin A
(B) Vitamin B
(C) Vitamin C
(D) Vitamin K
117. Auxin is-
(A) Animal harmone
(B) Excreate substance
(C) Plant harmone
118. Which of the following constitute a food chain?
(A) Gras, wheat and mango
(B) Grass, goat and human
(C) Goat, cow and elephant
(D) Grass, fish and goat
119. The bile juice is produced by-
- The stimulants present in tobacco is-
121. Pulmonary veins open in-
(A) Right atrium
(B) Left atrium
(C) Right ventricle
(D) Left ventricle
122. Double fertilization is found in-
(A) All animals
(B) All plants
(C) Angiosperm plant
(D) Aquatic plant
123. Nucleus of atom have-
(B) Proton and neutron
(D) Electron and neutron
124. Permanent hard water is due to-
(A) Calcium bicarbonate
(B) Sodium bicarbonate
(C) Sodium Chloride
(D) Calcium and Magnesium Sulphate and Chloride
125. Coinage metal is-
126. Amir Khusroo was famous court poet of-
(A) Mahmud Ghazanvi
(B) Alauddin Khilji
(D) Firoz Tughlaq
127. The battle of Panipat in 1526 was fought between-
(A) Babar and Ibrahim Lodi
(B) Ibrahim Lodi and Rana Sanga
(C) Humayun and Sher Shah Suri
(D) Humayun and Nusrat Shah
128. The Brahm Samaj was founded by-
(A) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
(B) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(C) Swami Vivekanand
(D) Keshav Chandra Sen
129. The battle of Plassey was fought in-
130. Among the following which one is incorrect pair?
(B) Kalidas-Abhigyan Shakuntalam
(D) Chand Bardai-Geet Govind
131. The author of ‘Discovery of India’ is-
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(B) Lala Lajpat Rai
(C) Dadabhai Nauroji
(D) Moti Lal Nehru
132. The Taj Mahal was built by-
(B) Shershah Suri
133. Which country is not a member of SAARC?
134. ‘Panchtantra’ was written by-
(B) Vishnu Sharma
135. Buland Darwaza is situated in-
(B) Fatehpur Sikri
136. Charak was the famous court Physician of-
(B) Chandragupta Maurya
137. The author of the book ‘My Experiments with truth’ is-
(A) Aurobindo Ghosh
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Vinoba Bhave
138. Sri Aurobindo Ashram is situated in-
139. Rath temples at Mahabalipuram were built by-
140. International Court of justice is situated at-
141. The Government system established in India is-
(A) Parliamentary System
(B) Presidential System
(D) Military System
142. In India the council of Ministers is collectively responsible towards-
(A) Rajya Sabha
(B) Lok Sabha
(C) President of India
(D) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
143. ‘Panchsheel’ principle is related to-
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(B) Rajiv Gandhi
(C) Bhim Rao Ambedkar
(D) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
144. From which country the Directive Principles of state Policy has been taken?
145. Which part of the Indian constitution deals with Fundamental Rights?
(A) Part I
(B) Part II
(C) Part III
(D) Part IV
146. The Chairman of Rajya Sabha is-
(A) The President
(B) The Speaker
(C) The Prime-Minister
(D) The Vice President
147. The National Flower of India is-
148. The Indian Parliament consists of-
(A) Lok Sabha only
(B) Lok Sabha and the President
(C) Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
(D) The President, Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha
149. Which of the following is not a subject of the Union list in India?
150. The number of Non-Permanent members in the Security Council is-
151. The ship of desert is called-
152. The smallest continent is-
153. Which is the planet nearest to Sun?
154. Famous ‘Gir’ Forest is situated at in-
(B) Arunachal Pradesh
(C) Madhya Pradesh
155. The brightest planet is-
156. A crop of Zaid is-
157. White revolution is associated with-
158. Jharia coal mine is in-
(C) Andhra Pradesh
159. Jhum is-
(A) A tribe in the North India
(B) A type of cultivation
(C) A folk dance
(D) The name of river
160. The Rihand Valley Project is in-
(A) Madhya Pradesh
(C) Uttar Pradesh
161. If 5x = 625, then value of 3x is-
- Multiplicative inverse of −5/11 is-
163. The cube root of 0.000512 is-
164. The sum of three consecutive multiples of 7 is 273. One of the three number is-
165. The complementary angles that differ b 24° are-
(A) 33°, 57°
(B) 23°, 57°
(C) 33°, 47°
(D) 23°, 47°
166. What is the number which when multiplied to 3−9 make the product equal to 3?
167. A man sold an article for Rs 495 and gained 10% profit on it. The cost price of the article is-
(A) Rs 450
(B) Rs 550
(C) Rs 500
(D) Rs 480
168. If the weight of 4.5 meter uniform rod is 17.1 kg then weight of 12 m of such a rod is-
(A) 51.2 kg
(B) 53 kg
(C) 45.6 kg
(D) 56 kg
169. A quadrilateral having one and only one pair of parallel sides is called-
(A) a parallelogram
(B) a kite
(C) a trapezium
(D) a rhombus
170. If 2/3 of a number is less than the original number by 10. The number is-
171. Reciprocal of is-
172. The product of 0.47 ×3 × 0.06 is-
173. What should be added to 2.06 to have the sum 3.1?
174. If each diagonal of a square is 14 cm long then its area is-
(A) 196 cm2
(B) 88 cm2
(C) 98 cm2
(D) 147 cm2
175. A fruit seller had some apples. He sells 40% of them and still has 420 apples. How many apples had he in all?
176. The value of 647× 13 + 647 × 7 is-
177. The largest of the fractions 2/3, 5/9,1/2 and 7/12 is-
178. 10 boys can dig a trench in 12 hours. How long will 8 boys take to do it?
(A) 9 hrs 36 min
(B) 15 hrs
(C) 6 hrs 40 min
(D) 13 hrs 10 min
179. If 9, x, x, 49 are in proportion then the value of x is-
180. Which of the following is a true statement?
(A) −11 > −8
(B) − 11 < − 8
(C) −11 and – 8 can not be compared
(D) The sum of −11 and – 8 is −3
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: