CG PSC Preliminary Examination-2018 Held on February 27, 2019
1. The basic difference between an AC generator and a DC generator is that
(a) AC generator has an electromagnet while the DC generator has permanent magnet
(b) AC generator has slip rings while the DC generator has a commutator
(c) DC generator will generate a higher voltage
(d) AC generator will generate a higher voltage
2. Which of the following may be a possible pH value of acidic solution?
3. When a ray of light travels from a denser medium to a rarer medium then
(a) It seeds up and bends away from the normal.
(b) It speeds up and bends towards the normal.
(c) It slows down and bends away from the normal.
(d) It slows down and bends towards the normal.
4. Geo stationary satellite revolves at
(a) Any height
(b) At fixed height
(c) Height above pole
(d) Height which depends upon its mass
5. Name of the light combat aircraft developed by India
6. Which one of the following is a microbial insecticide?
(a) Bacillus thuringiensis
(b) Bacillus subtilis
(c) Bacillus polymyxa
(d) Bacillus brevis
7. Baking soda is
8. ‘Syadvada’ is related to
9. The doctrine of Apurva is related to
10. The author of ‘Vinaya-Patrika’ is
11. Who accepts only Perception?
12. Who is the propounder of Nyaya Philosophy?
13. Which Abhiyan has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 15, 2018?
(a) Jhum Cultivation
(b) Ayushman Bharat
(c) Blue Economy
(d) Swachhata Hi Seva
14. Who won the election for the post President Maldives in September, 2018?
(b) Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
(c) Manu Atri
(d) Rashid Khan
15. Which country has won the SAIF Suzuki Cup 2018 Football Competition?
(c) Sri Lanka
16. Which country’s Human Development Index rank is first as per Human Development Report 2018?
17. In October, 2018, which Economists has been appointed as Economic Counsellor and Director of the IMF’s Research Department?
(a) Raghuram Rajan
(b) Geeta Gopinath
(c) YM Deothalee
(d) C. Rangarajan
18. In which city ‘Rastriya Vyosree Yojana’ for senior citizen’s is started in 2017?
19. Who has been awarded with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2018 for weightlifting?
(a) Virat Kohli
(b) S. Mirabai Chanu
(c) Niraj Chopra
(d) Manoj Sarkar
20. In which State Halam, Notiya tribes are mainly seen?
21. In which year ‘Bio Diversity Act’ was passed in India?
22. Who is the Chief Justice of High Court of Himachal Pradesh?
(a) Acharya Devvrat
(c) Girish Sahani
(d) Shekhar Mande
23. When is International Yoga Day celebrated?
(a) April 2
(b) June 2
(c) June 5
(d) May 21
24. Which of the following is a renewable source of energy?
25. The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing is located at
26. Who of the following rulers’ constructed a road from East Bengal of Peshwar called Sadak-E-Azam?
(d) Sher Shah
27. Who formed the ‘Satya Shodhak Samaj’?
(a) BR Ambedkar
(b) Keshavchandra Sen
(c) Pandita Ramabai
(d) Jyotiba Phule
28. Who among the following established the Department of Archaeological Survey?
(a) Lord Curzon
(b) Lord Minto
(c) Lord Hardinge
(d) Lord Chelmsford
29. Which one of the following rulers did not contribute towards the expansion of Buddhism?
(d) Pushyamitra Shunga
30. What was the name of the newspaper published by Mahatma Gandhi in South Africa?
(a) The Indian Opinion
(b) National Herald
(d) The Pioneer
31. Which ruler founded the city of Agra?
(a) Sikander Lodi
(c) Firoz Tuglaq
32. At the time of National Movement who started ‘Dash Roja’ periodical?
(a) Mohammad Ali Jinnah
(b) Abdul Gaffar Khan
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai
(d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
33. In which of the following States Sundarvan mangrove is located?
(b) West Bengal
(d) Andhra Pradesh
34. Malanjkhand in Madhya Pradesh is the leading producer of which one of the following minerals?
(a) Iron ore
(c) Copper ore
35. Which one of the following iron and steel plant is located neither on iron ore area nor on coalfield but approximately at the midway between them?
36. Which of the following ranges is the most recent one?
(b) Vindhyachal Range
(c) The Himalayas
(d) The Eastern Ghats
37. Which of the following industries uses bauxite as principal raw material?
38. Which of the following is the leading soyabean producing State?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Uttar Pradesh
39. In which of the following States population of Scheduled Tribes is largest in the country in 2011?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
40. Which one of the following types of migration has contributed most in population movement in India in 2011?
(a) Rural to rural
(b) Urban to rural
(c) Rural to urban
(d) Urban to urban
41. Which of this is the legislative power of the President according to Constitution?
(a) To summon the session of Parliament
(b) The prorogate the session of Parliament
(c) The adjourn the meeting of Parliament
(d) The promulgate ordinance
42. What will be happened if President summons for the joint session of Parliament and in the meantime Lok Sabha dissolved?
(a) Joint session will be held in scheduled time.
(b) Joint session will be cancelled.
(c) Joint session will be held after composition of New Lok Sabha.
(d) Bill will be lapsed.
43. Which of the language is not included in the VIII Scheduled of the Constitution?
44. Who certifies the Money Bill?
(d) Council of Ministers
45. In which article of the Constitution ‘Equal Protection of Law’ is provided?
46. What are the restriction in the freedom to manage religious affairs in the Article-26 of the Constitution?
(1) Public Order
(2) National Security
(3) Education (4) Morality
(5) Health (6) Secularism
(a) 1, 2, 3
(b) 2, 3, 5
(c) 2, 4, 6
(d) 1, 4, 5
47. In which article of the Constitution the Adult Suffrage is recognized?
48. Economic Survey of India is related to
(a) Planning Commission
(b) Reserve Bank of India
(c) Ministry of Finance
(d) Finance Commission
49. Measures of distribution of income
(a) Philip Curve
(b) Lorenz Curve
(c) Marshall Curve
(d) Lafer Curve
50. Which Committee recommended abolition of tax rebates under Section-88?
(a) Shome Committee
(b) Chelliah Committee
(c) Rangarajan Committee
(d) Kelkar Committee
51. When is Bade Bhajan Ramnami Mela held?
52. At which place Jajalladev Mahotsava organized?
53. What is the total duration of Bastar Dashahara?
(a) 105 days
(b) 15 days
(c) 70 days
(d) 75 days
54. When is Ganga Dushahara celebrated?
55. Halbi is related to which language family?
(b) Dravidian 25
(d) None of these
56. What growth rate of Gross State Domestic Product at constant price is estimated for this State in the year 2017-18?
57. In which year, the percentage of Own Tax Revenue to Total Tax Revenue of this State is least during the period 2014-15 to 2017-18?
58. Which of the following is a primitive tribal group?
(d) None of these
59. What is correct
(1) In a Gram panchayat there can be more than one village.
(2) Meeting of Gram Sabha held in each village.
(3) Meeting of Gram Sabha held in the headquarter of Gram Panchayat.
(4) Meeting of Gram Panchayat held in each village.
(5) Meeting of Gram Panchayat held in the headquarter of Gram Panchayat.
(a) 1, 3, 4
(b) 2, 4, 5
(c) 2, 3, 4
(d) 1, 2, 5
60. Election was held on January 20, 2014 for a Gram Panchayat. It first meeting was called on February 10, 2014. Thereafter Gram Panchayat was dissolved on Election was held on May 15, 2016 for New Gram Panchayat and, its first meeting was called on May 25, 2016. What shall be tenure of the new constituted Gram Panchayat?
(a) January 20, 2019
(b) February 10, 2019
(c) May 15, 2021
(d) May 25, 2021
61. In which district “Danteshwari Maiyya Co-operative Sugar Producer Factory Limited” is established in Chhattisgarh?
62. What is not legal?
(a) An MLA who is ex-officio member of Janpad Panchayag can nominate representative to participate in the meeting.
(b) A member of Lok Sabha who is ex-officio member of Zila Panchayat can nominate representative to participate in the meeting.
(c) A member of Rajya Sabha who is ex-officio member of Zila Panchayat can nominate representative to participate in the meeting.
(d) A woman Sarpanch can nominate her husband to participate in the meeting of Gram Panchayat and Janpad Panchayat.
63. Which mineral has major role to maximize the revenue-income through minerals in this State in the year 2016-17?
64. What is the power generation capacity of Madwa Tendubhata thermal power house Janjgeer-Champa of Chhattisgarh State?
(a) 500 MW
(b) 840 MW
(c) 1000 MW
(d) 440 MW
65. Which is the major source of power in Chhattisgarh?
(a) Thermal power
(b) Hydro power
(c) Solar power
(d) Wind power
66. Which sector has major role to accelerate industry’s economic growth rate of Chhattisgarh State during 2012-13 to 2017-18 period?
(a) Mining and Quarry
(c) Electricity, Gas and Water Supply
67. Which candidate from Chhattisgarh has scored 99.9% in CAT for the admission in Indian Institute of Management?
(a) Mohit Sharma
(b) Jaishri Bansal
(c) Rakesh Padmavat
(d) Rashi Shrishrimal
68. In which district Chhattisgarh Swadesh Darshan Scheme was inaugurated by tourism board in September, 2018?
69. How many female MLA are elected in Chhattisgarh Assembly in December, 2018?
70. Who was selected as India’s Mis Trans Queen of Mandir Hasaud Raipur in October, 2018?
(a) Parima Mandal
(b) Veena Sendra
(c) Manki Bothare
71. Who administered the oath of the office of Anandi Ben Patel who was given additional charge of Governor of Chhattisgarh State?
(a) Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi
(b) Justice Prashant Mishra
(c) Justice MM Shrivastava
(d) Justice Sanjay K. Agarwal
72. In the first phase of Chhattisgarh Assembly Election 2018, how many constituencies were being polled?
73. In September, 2018 which New Board Gauge Electrified Railway Line was approved by the Union Cabinet in Chhattisgarh?
(b) Manendragarh-Dalli Rajhara
(c) Dalli Rajhara-Chirmiri
74. Rampukar Singh, appointed as Protem Speaker in newly constituted Legislative Assembly, represents which constituency?
75. Which member of newly constitute Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly was previously professor of Political Science?
(a) Umesh Patel
(b) Ashish Kumar Chhabra
(c) Laxmi Dhruw
(d) Sarita Tekam
76. Match the List A with List B
77. Match the following (Events and Years):
78. The following persons were posted as ‘Subedars’ in Chhattisgarh during the Maratha rule?
(1) Vithal Dinkar
(2) Keshav Gvind
(3) Bikaji Gopal
(4) Mahipatrao Dinkar
Select the correct chronology of them:
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4
(b) 2, 3, 4, 1
(c) 3, 4, 1, 2
(d) 4, 1, 2, 3
79. Read the following statements:
(1) On August 8, 1941 the volunteers of Chhattisgarh participating in Individual Satyagraha were arrested near Lalitpur.
(2) Jwala Prasad Mishra and Yadunandan Prasad Shrivastava were among these volunteers.
(3) Pt. Ravishankar Shukla was the leader of these volunteers.
Select the correct answer:
(a) 1, 2 and 3 are correct.
(b) 1 and 2 are correct.
(c) 2 and 3 are correct.
(d) 1 and 3 are correct.
80. Match the following (Leaders of Chhattisgarh imprisoned during Quit India Movement of 1942 and places):
81. Who of the following Muslim leader accompanied Mahatma Gandhi on his arrival in Chhattisgarh in 1920?
(a) Maulana Muhammad Ali
(b) Maulana Shaukat Ali
(c) Maulana Azad
(d) Maulana Rahmat Ali
82. What is the factor of Tropical cyclone in the month of May?
(a) Cyclone of Bay of Bengal
(b) Western disturbance
(c) Local temperature variation
(d) North-eastern winds
83. Raipur district is not from the following:
(a) District have maximum population
(b) District have minimum male population
(c) District have maximum rural population
(d) District have maximum male female ratio of population
84. Drama theatre constructed in Sitabengra cave is located at
(d) None of these
85. Constructed by Laxman Deo Rai
(b) Narayan Temple
(c) Bhandaldeo Temple
(d) Deorani Temple
86. Albama hill located at
(a) the West of Bijapur upland
(b) the East of Bijapur upland
(c) the South of Bijapur upland
(d) the North of Bijapur upland
87. Akum and Todi is a musical instrument of which category?
(a) Percussion instrument
(b) Sting instrument
(c) Wind instrument
(d) None of the above
88. Kaksar is dance of which tribe?
89. Who is the author of book ‘Chhattisgarh Parichay’?
(a) Padumlal Punnalal Bakshi
(b) Gajanan Madhav Muktibodh
(c) Baldeo Prasad Mishra
(d) Pyarelal Gupta
90. Babu Rewaram was resident of which place?
91. Which of these is a creation of Thakur Jagmohan Singh?
(b) Shyama Swapn
(c) Khoob Tamasha
(d) Bastar Bhushan
92. What does “Para Bhar Lai, Agaas Bhar Bagarai’ signifies?
(a) Flower garden
(d) None of these
93. Which of the following is not a name of a ‘Bhaji’ (leaf vegetable)?
94. Which of the following is not an utensil?
95. Kishor Sahu Samman is awarded by Chhattisgarh government is for which of the following fields?
96. What does’Nankan tura, bulak bulak ke par bandhay’ signifies?
(b) Niddle and thread
(d) None of the above
97. ‘Dhumkuriya’ is a youth dormitory of which tribe?
98. Which of the following is not a language of Bastar region?
99. ‘Naat’ is famous with the name of which tribe?
100. ‘Paik’ is related to which tribe?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: