SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination-2019 Hel on 03-03-2020
1. Select the option in which the numbers are related in the same way as the numbers in the given set.
(269, 278, 296)
(A) (313, 322, 340)
(B) (109, 118, 128)
(C) (419, 430, 448)
(D) (577, 586, 598)
2. Select the option that is related to the third word in the same way as the second word is related to the first word.
Medicine : Disease : : Food : ?
3. Which two numbers should be interchanged to make the given equation correct?
9 + 7 × 5 – 18 ÷ 2 = 3 × 4 – 10 + 45 ÷ 5
(A) 7 and 4
(B) 9 and 3
(C) 18 and 45
(D) 2 and 5
4. Four words have been given, out of which three are alike in same manner, while one is different. Select the odd word-
5. Amit is the brother of Sonia. Jyoti is the sister of Nikita. Sonia is the daughter of Satish’s father. Nikita is the daughter of Kavinder. Jyoti is the mother of Amit. Mukesh is Nikita’s only sister’s husband. How is Satish related to Kavinder?
6. Select the option that is related to the third number in the same way as the second number is related to the first number and the sixth number is related to the fifth number.
12 : 72 :: 18 : ? :: 22 : 242
7. Arrange the following words in the order in which they appear in an English dictionary.
(1) Rightly (2) Rigidly
(3) Righteous (4) Rigour
(A) 3, 1, 5, 2, 4
(B) 3, 1, 5, 4, 2
(C) 1, 3, 5, 2, 4
(D) 3, 5, 1, 4, 2
8. Four letter-cluster have been given out of which three are alike in some manner, while one is different. Select the odd-
9. Select the option in which the words share the same relationship as that shared by the given pair of words.
Clock : Time
(A) Ammeter : Current
(B) Taseometer : Wind
(C) Balance : Scale
(D) Anemometer : Strains
10. Study the given pattern carefully and select the number that can replace the question mark (?) in it.
11. The given Venn diagram represents employees in an organization-
The triangle represents executives, the circle represents females, the rectangle represents MBAs and the square represents technical staff. The number given in the diagram represent the number of persons in that particular category.
How many female executives are there in the organization?
12. The ratio of the present ages of Asha and Lata is 5 : 6. If the difference between their ages is 6 years, then what will be Lata’s age will be after 5 years?
13. Two positions of the same dice are shown. Select the number that will be on the face opposite to the one showing 6.
14. In the following equations, if ‘+’ interchanged with ‘−’ and ‘6’ is interchanged with ‘7’ then which equation would be correct?
(A) 76 – 75 + 77 = 56
(B) 62 – 67 + 76 = 83
(C) 67 – 76 + 43 = 100
(D) 78 – 68 + 66 = 59
15. In a certain code language, WARDROBE is written as YXVYXHJV. How will ACCURATE be written as in that language?
16. Which of the options figures is the exact mirror image of the given figure when the mirror is held at the right side?
17. How many rectangles are there in the given figure?
18. Select the option figure in which the given figure is embedded (rotation is not allowed).
19. Select the set of letters that when sequentially placed in the blanks of the given letter series will complete the series.
(A) k, l, k, l, m
(B) k, l, m, k, k
(C) k, m, m, k, l
(D) l, k, m, k, k
20. The sequence of folding a piece of paper and the manner in which the folded paper has been out is shown in the following figures. How would this paper look when unfolded?
21. Read the given statements and conclusions carefully. Assuming that the information given in the statements is true, even if it appears to be at variance with commonly known facts, decide which of the given conclusions logically follow(s) from th e statements.
(1) Some animals are elephants.
(2) Some elephants are tigers.
(I) Some animals are tigers.
(II) No tiger is an animal.
(A) Only conclusion I follows
(B) Either conclusion I or II follows
(C) Neither conclusion I nor II follows
(D) Only conclusion II follows
22. Select the number that can replace the question-mark (?) in the following series-
17, 21, 30, 46, 71 ?
23. Select the figure that can replace the question-mark (?) in the following series-
24. In a certain code language, ‘HARVEST’ is coded as ’22-21-7-24-20-3-10. How will ‘FARMER’ be coded as in that language?
25. Select the letter-cluster that can replace the question-mark (?) in the following series-
CBX, HUI, MRP, ROW, ?
26. Name the media company that purchased the legendary studio of 21st Century Fox-
(B) Time Warner
27. Veteran freedom fighter, social reformer and feminist Savithribal Phule hailed from which of the following states of India?
28. Which of these institutions fixes the Repo Rate and Reverse Repo Rate in India?
(A) Ministry of Finance
(B) Comptroller and Auditor General of India
(C) State Bank of India
(D) Reserve Bank of India
29. In which year Sanchi was discovered after being abandoned for nearly 600 years?
30. As of February 2020, who is the President of Sri Lanka?
(A) Maithripala Sirisena
(B) Gotabaya Rajapaksa
(C) D. M. Jayaratne
(D) Chandrika Kumaratunga
31. The World Food Programme (WFP) is the food assistance branch of the United Nations. Where is it headquartered?
(D) New York
32. Which of these bones is not a part of the hu man ear?
33. Who among the following played the leading lady in the film ‘Mission Mangal’ that tells the dramatic true story of the women behind India’s first mission to Mars?
(A) Deepika Padukone
(B) Vidya Balan
(D) Kareena Kapoor
34. As on January 2020, Shri Bhupesh Baghel is the Chief Minister of which of the following states?
35. The Araku Valley, a tourist resort, is located near which of these cities of South India?
36. Which is the uniform GST rate that has been fixed up for lottery prizes by the GST Council?
37. Who is the first and currently the only batsman to score double hundreds in four consecutive test series?
(A) Virat Kohli
(B) Rohit Sharma
(C) A. B. De Villiers
(D) Brian Lara
38. What is the more common name for solid carbon dioxide?
(B) Quick Silver
(D) Dry Ice
39. From India, who inaugurated the Karatarpur Corridor and flagged of the first set of pilgrims to the final resting place of Sikhism founder Guru Nanak Dev?
(A) Manmohan Singh
(B) Narendra Modi
(C) Ram Nath Kovind
(D) Amarinder Singh
40. The ruins of the ancient city of Hampi-capital of Vijayanagara is located in which present day Indian state?
41. Name the author who won the Sahitya Akademi Award 2019 for his book An Era of Darkness : The British Empire in India.
(A) Vikram Seth
(B) Romila Thapar
(C) Ramchandra Guha
(D) Shashi Tharoor
42. For which of the following sports was Dronavalli Harika, conferred with the prestigious Padma Shri Award?
43. Kolathunadu, Valluvanad and Thekkumkoor were ancient small time kingdoms in which state of India?
44. Red worms have a structure named …….. which helps them in grinding their food.
45. Sir Thomas Roe came as an official ambassador from King James I of England to which Mughal emperor’s court?
(A) Shah Jahan
46. Which of these words refers to the scientific study of domestic dogs?
47. Prolific Indian painter Maqbool Fida Husain predominantly used which of these animals to depict a lively and free spirit in his paintings?
48. Name the physicist who is credited with the discovery of the Neutron. This 1932 discovery led to his winning the Nobel Prize.
(A) Max Plank
(B) J. S. Fleming
(C) Enrico Fermi
(D) James Chadwick
49. Sultan Qaboos bin Said of …….., the Arab word’s longest-serving ruler and with a reputation for quiet diplomacy passed away recently (2020).
(D) Abu Dhabi
50. Which of the following books is not written by Salman Rushdie?
(A) The Satanic Verses
(B) An Area of Darkness
(C) Midnight’s Children
51. A, B and C can individually complete a piece of work in 24 days, 15 days and 12 days, respectively. B and C started the work and worked for 3 days and left. The number of days required by A alone to complete the remaining work is-
52. If A lies in the first quadrant and 6 tan A = 5, then the value of is-
53. If x – y = 4 and xy = 45, then the value of x3 – y3 is-
54. The radius of a circular garden is 42 m. The distance (in m) covered by running 8 rounds around it, is-
(Take π = 22/7)
55. The given table shows the number (in thousands) of cars of five different models A, B, C, D and E produced during Years 2012-2017. Study the table and answer the question that follow-
In the year 2015, which type of car constitutes exactly 20% of the total number of cars produced that year?
56. A person sells an article at 10% below its cost price. Had he sold it for Rs 332 more, he would have made a profit of 20%. What is the original selling price (in Rs) of the article?
57. If ‘+’ means ‘−’, ‘−’ means ‘+’, ‘×’ means ‘÷’ and ‘’ means ‘×’, then the value of is-
58. The given table shows the number (in thousands) of cars of five different models A, B, C, D and E produced during Years 2012-2017. Study the table and answer the question that follow.
If 2013 and 2014 are put together, which type of cars constitute exactly 25% of the total number of cars produced in those 2 years?
59. A, B and C are three points on a circle such that the angles subtended by the chord AB and AC at the centre O are 110° and 130°, respectively. Then the value of ∠BAC is-
60. A train crosses a pole in 12 sec, and a bridge of length 170 m in 36 sec. Then the speed of the train is-
(A) 30.75 km/h
(B) 10.8 km/h
(C) 25.5 km/h
(D) 32.45 km/h
61. The ratio of the number of boys to the number of girls in a school of 640 students, is 5 : 3. If 30 more girls are admitted in the school, then how many more boys should be admitted so that the ratio of boys to that of the girls, becomes 14 : 9.
62. If x2a = y2b = z2c ≠ 0 and x2 = yz, then the value of is-
(A) 3 ac
(C) 3 ab
(D) 3 bc
63. If the length of a rectangle is increased by 40%, and the breadth is decreased by 20%, then the area of the rectangle increases by x%. Then the value of x is-
64. Out of 6 numbers, the sum of the first 5 numbers is 7 times the 6th If their average is 136, then the 6th number is-
65. If the number 1005×4 is completely divisible by 8, then the smallest integer in place x will be-
66. If A + B = 45°, then the value of 2(1 + tan A) (1+ tan B) is-
67. If ∆ABC, MN | | BC, the area of quadrilateral MBCN = 130 sqcm. If AN : NC = 4 : 5, then the area of ∆MAN is-
(A) 45 cm2
(B) 65 cm2
(C) 32 cm2
(D) 40 cm2
68. A shopkeeper marks the price of the article in such a way that after allowing 28% discount. He wants a gain of 12%. If the marked price is Rs 224, then the cost price of the article is-
(A) Rs 144
(B) Rs 168
(C) Rs 120
(D) Rs 196
69. If the base radius of 2 cylinders are the ratio 3 : 4 and their h eights are in the ratio 4 : 9, then the ratio of their volumes is-
(A) 1 : 2
(B) 2 : 1
(C) 4 : 1
(D) 1 : 4
70. The given table shows the number (in thousands) of cars of five different models A, B, C, D and E produced during Years 2012-2017. Study the table and answer the question that follow-
The percentage increase in the total cars in 2016 over 2012, is-
71. If x, y, z are three integers such that x + y = 8, y + z = 13 and z + x = 17, then the value of x2/y2 is-
72. The area of ∆ABC is 44 cm2. If D is the midpoint of BC and E is the midpoint of AB, then the area (in cm2) of ∆BDE if-
73. Rs 4,300 becomes Rs 4,644 m2 car at simple interest. Find the principle amount that with become Rs 10,104 in 5 years at the same rate of interest-
(A) Rs 8,420
(B) Rs 9,260
(C) Rs 5,710
(D) Rs 7,200
74. If x = 4 cos A + 5 sin A and y = 4 sin A – 5 cos A, then the value of x2 + y2 is-
75. The given table shows the number (in thousands) of cars of five different models A, B, C, D and E produced during Years 2012-2017. Study the table and answer the question that follow-
The percentage decrease in the production of which type of the car in 2017, with reference to 2016, was the maximum?
76. Given below are four jumbled sentences. Select the option that gives their correct order-
(1) However, the rate of population increase is another important factor to consider.
(2) This change can be expressed in two ways.
(3) Growth of population refers to the change in the number of inhabitants of a country.
(4) First, in terms of absolute numbers and second, in terms of percentage change.
(A) 3, 2, 4, 1
(B) 3, 1, 4, 2
(C) 2, 1, 4, 3
(D) 2, 4, 3, 1
77. Select the correct synonym of the given word-
78. Fill in the blank with the most appropriate word-
We must …… help to the homeless and physically disabled people.
79. In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error-
One of the boys from our school have been selected for National Badminton Championship.
(A) have been selected
(B) from our school
(C) for National Badminton Championship
(D) One of the boys
80. Select the passive from of the given sentence-
The manager keeps the work pending.
(A) The work is kept pending by the manager
(B) The work was kept pending by the manager
(C) The work has been kept pending by the manager
(D) The work are being kept pending by the manager
81. Select the most appropriate option to substitute the underlined segment in the given sentence. If no substitution is required, select No improvement.
The Director will agree with the proposal if we do not exceed the budget.
(A) No Improvement
(B) agree to the proposal
(C) agree on a proposal
(D) agreed by the proposal
Directions-(Q. 82-86) In the following passage some words have been deleted. Fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given. Select the most appropriate option for each blank-
Communication plays …(1)… role in the overall development of man. It can be learnt by our …(2)… efforts. Today, success in our professional life depends on our …(3)… to read, write and speak well which results in effective communication. Barriers …(4)… communication hinder the communication process. It is very important to …(5)… these barriers so that the transmission of the message can be smooth.
82. Select the most appropriate option for blank No. 1.
83. Select the most appropriate option for blank No. 2
84. Select the most appropriate option for blank No. 3.
85. Select the most appropriate option for blank No. 4.
86. Select the most appropriate option for blank No. 5.
87. Select the correctly spelt word.
88. Select the appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
To take French leave
(A) Welcome the host
(B) Acknowledge the host
(C) Leave with written permission
(D) Leave without any intimation
89. Select the correct synonym of the given word.
90. Select the word, which means the same as the given group of words.
Something that cannot be heard
91. Fill in the blank with the most appropriate word.
Handle this glass table with care because it is……. .
92. Select the correctly spelt word.
93. Select the correct antonym of the given word.
94. Select the correct antonym of the given word.
95. Select the word, which means the same as the groups of words given.
A song sung at a burial
96. In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error.
I can swim very fast when I was only five.
(A) very fast
(B) I can swim
(C) when I was
(D) only five
97. Select the appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
A hard nut to crack
(A) Easily encouraged
(B) Easily disappointed
(C) A difficult problem
(D) Not restrained
98. Select the most appropriate option to substitute the underlined segment in the given sentence. If no substitution is required, select No. improvement.
The captain as well the players were responsible for winning the trophy.
(A) No improvement
(B) The captain as well as the players was
(C) As the captain with the players were
(D) The captain also the players were
99. Given below are four jumbled sentences. Select the option that gives their correct order-
(1) However, they ignore the truth that progress and success are proportional to the labor they put in.
(2) The general human tendency is to find faults in the policies framed the government.
(3) The blame the government for their slow progress, expecting miracles and magical transformation in their life.
(4) So people openly criticized and condemn the policy makers.
(A) 3, 4, 1, 2
(B) 2, 4, 3, 1
(C) 4, 2. 1, 3
(D) 1, 2, 3, 4
100. Select the indirect narration of the given sentence.
He said to the hotel receptionist. “Can you tell me the tariff of rooms?
(A) He asked the hotel receptionist that if he can tell him the tariff of rooms.
(B) He enquired the hotel receptionist if he can tell him the tariff of rooms.
(C) He asked the hotel receptionist to tell him the tariff of rooms.
(D) He asked the hotel receptionist if he could tell him the tariff of rooms.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: