SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination-2019 Tier-I (Shift-III) held on 03-03-2020
General Intelligence and Reasoning
1. Select the letter-cluster that can replace the question-mark (?) n the following series-
KQG, JTK, HXO, ECS, ?
2.The sequence of folding a piece of paper and the manner in which the folded paper has been cut is shown in the following figures. How would this paper look when unfolded?
3. Select the correct mirror image of the given alphanumeric-cluster when a mirror is placed on the right side of the cluster-
4. Study the given pattern carefully and select the number that can replace the question-mark (?) in it-
5. Four words have been given, out of which three are alike in some manner and one is different. Select the odd word-
6. Select the figure that can replace the question-mark (?) in the following series.
7. Which of the following Venn diagrams best represents the relationship between the following classes?
8. Select the option that is related to the third number in the same way as the second number is related to the first number.
7 : 329 :: 9 : ?
9. The total of the ages of Amit and Suvarna on 1 January, 2015 is 61 years. Amit is three years younger than Suvarna. What was the age of Suvarna on 1 January, 2010?
(A) 27 years
(B) 24 years
(C) 29 years
(D) 32 years
10. Four number-pairs have been given, out of which three are alike in some manner and one is different. Select the number pair that is different from the rest-
(A) 35 : 1221
(B) 21 : 437
(C) 11 : 118
(D) 33 : 1085
11. Four letter-clusters have been given, out of which three are alike in some manner and one is different. Select the odd letter-cluster-
12. Select the option in which the given figure X is embedded (rotation is not allowed)
13. Select the option in which the words share the same relationship as that shared by the given pair of words-
Calendar : Date
(A) Class : Group
(B) Weight : Kilogram
(C) Food : Vegetarian
(D) Clock : Time
14. In a certain code language, ‘SERVANT’ is coded as ‘192182211420’. How will ‘MAGNIFY’ be coded as in that language?
15. How many triangles are there in the given figure?
16. Select the letter that can replace the question-mark (?) in the following series-
O, B, L, C, I, D, F, E, ?
17. ‘Beverages’ is related to ‘Tea’ in the same way as ‘Medicine’ is related to ‘………..’ .
18. Select the number that can replace the question-mark (?) in the following series.
87, 89, 92, 97, 104, 115, ?, 145
19. Read the given statements and conclusions carefully. Assuming that the information given in the statements is true, even if it appears to be at variance with commonly known facts, decide which of the given conclusions logically follow(s) ?
(1) All prizes are medals.
(2) Some prizes are certificates.
(I) Some certificates pare prizes.
(II) Some medals are prizes.
(III) Some certificates are medals.
(A) Only conclusions I and III follow
(B) Only conclusion II and III follow
(C) All conclusions I, II and III follow
(D) Only conclusions I and II follow
20. In a certain code language, ‘DEPEND’ is written as ‘EPHTJJ’. How will ‘TRAVEL’ be written as in that language?
21. Select the option in which the numbers are related in the same way as are the numbers in the given set-
(11, 165, 209)
(A) (14, 210, 276)
(B) (17, 245, .323)
(C) (12, 180, 228)
(D) (15, 225, 275)
22. Which two signs and two numbers should be interchanged to make the given equation correct?
17 + 11 – 12 × 36 ÷ 6 = 80
(A) × and −; 17 and 11
(B) + and −; 6 and 12
(C) × and −; 6 and 12
(D) × and −; 17 and 12
23. Select the dices that can be formed by folding the given sheet along the lines-
(A) Only II, III and IV
(B) Only II and III
(C) Only II and IV
(D) Only I and II
24. If the following words are arranged as per their order in the English dictionary which of the following words will come third in the sequence?
(1) Isomer (2) Isoline
(3) Isotope (4) Isolate
(5) Isologs (5) Isonomy
25. A + B means ‘A is the father of B’;
A – B means ‘A is the sister of B’;
A × B means ‘A is the brother of B’;
A ÷ B means ‘A is the mother of B’.
If U + H × L – Q ÷ R – Y, then how is related to Y?
(A) Mother’s brother
(B) Mother’s sister
(D) Maternal grandmother
26. The last recognized king of the Gupta line was-
27. In …………. economies, all productive resources are owned and controlled by the government.
28. The birth anniversary of ….. is celebrated as ‘International Nurses Day’ every year.
(A) Florence Nightingale
(B) Alice Walker
(C) Clara Barton
(D) Mother Teresa
29. The city of ……… is located at the mouth of the Yangtze River.
30. As of December 2019, ……… was the largest crude oil supplier to India.
(B) Saudi Arabia
(C) United Arab Emirates
31. Who among the following publishes the Economic Survey of India?
(A) National Development Council
(B) Ministry of Finance
(C) Institute of Finance
(D) Indian Statistical Institute
32. Name the Indian elected to the International Narcotics Control Board by the UN Economic and Social Council on 23 April, 2014 and re-elected by the Council for a 5-year term (2020-25) on 7 May, 2019
(A) Sudhir Rajkumar
(B) Jagjit Pavadia
(C) Syed Akbaruddin
(D) Yasmid Ali Haque
33. In October 2019, ……… was appointed as the secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
(A) Brijesh Patel
(B) Sourav Ganguly
(C) Jay Shah
(D) Jayesh George
34. 1 horse power = approximately ………. watts.
35. Which of the following countries is not a member of the SAARC Association?
36. The process of coating grooves or engravings in ornaments with coloured enamels is called-
37. Who was the first Indian to receive the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Blue Cross?
(A) Ronjan Sodhi
(B) Vijay Kumar
(C) Gagan Narang
(D) Abhinav Bindra
38. Which of the following is not a part of the brain?
39. As of January 2020, which of the following countries had not independently launched a human into space?
40. The first ruler of Magadha from the Haryanka dynasty was-
41. The ……… helps in equalizing the pressure on either sides of the ear drum.
(A) cochlear nerve
(C) Eustachian tube
42. Calcium sulphate dihydrate is commonly known as-
43. Who among the following was a famous ‘Qawwall’ singer?
(A) Nazia Hassan
(B) Begum Akhtar
(C) Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
(D) Bade Ghulam Ali Khan
44. …….. became the Prime Minister of Bhutan in November 2018.
(A) Lyonchhen Lotay Tshering
(B) Lyonchhen Jigme Thinley
(C) Lyonpo Sonam Tobgye
(D) Lyonpo Sangay Ngedup
45. ……….., the world’s highest polo ground, is located in Pakistan.
46. ‘Kiribath’ is a rice dish form-
(D) Sri Lanka
47. The Gupta rulers imposed a fine called…….. which was a plough tax paid by every cultivator owning a plough.
48. …………. is the largest city in Sri Lanka.
49. Hiuen Tsang, hailed as the price of pilgrims, visited India during the reign of king-
50. Lucifer is another name for the planet-
51. The average of five consecutive even numbers is M. If the next five numbers are also included the average of ten numbers will be-
(A) M + 5
(D) M + 10
52. The value of is equal to-
53. (a + b – c + d)2 – (a – b + c – d)2 = ?
(A) 4a(b + d – c)
(B) 2a(a + b – c)
(C) 2a(b + c – d)
(D) 4a(b – d + c)
54. If 2 sin θ – 8 cos2 θ + 5 = 0, 0° < θ < 90°, then what is the value of (tan 2θ + cosec 2θ)
55. Two racers run at a speed of 100 m/min and 120 m/min, respectively. If the second racer takes 10 minutes less than the first to complete the run, then how long is the race?
(A) 2 km
(B) 4 km
(C) 6 km
(D) 1 km
Direction-The table below shows income (in rupees) for a particular month, together with their sources is respect of 5 employees A, B, C, D and E-
56. How many employees have their salary more than four times their other incomes?
57. As per data in the table, what is the percentage of students who got 20 or more marks?
58. The value of
(A) 1+ √3
(D) √3 + 3
59. In the figure, what is the value of cot θ ?
60. A can finish a work in 20 days and B can finish the same work in 25 days. They began together, but B left the work after 5 days. How many more days will A take to finish the remaining work?
61. The curved surface area of hemisphere with radius 7 cm is- (Take π = 22/7)
(A) 616 cm2
(B) 385 cm2
(C) 462 cm2
(D) 308 cm2
62. The value of is-
63. From the following table, how many patients were in the age group 40 – 60?
Direction- The number of students enrolled in different faculties in a school is as follows-
64. The percentage of students studying in Science and Vocational subject is-
65. In ∆ABC, if AB = AC and ∠BAC = 40°, then the measure of ∠B is-
66. What should replace * in the number 94 * 2357, so that number is divisible by 11?
67. Two numbers are in the ratio 5 : 7. If the first number is 20, then the second number will be-
68. If the difference between 62% and 80% of a number is 198, then the difference between 92% and 56% of the number will be-
69. In the given figure, AP bisects ∠ If AB = 4 cm AC = 6 cm and BP = 3 cm, then the length of CP is-
(A) 3 cm
(B) 7 cm
(C) 5 cm
(D) 4.5 cm
70. A dealer sold 6 sewing machines for Rs 63,.000 with a profit of 5%. For how much should he sell 8 machines if the intends to earn 15% profit?
(A) Rs 88,200
(B) Rs 69,300
(C) Rs 92,000
(D) Rs 92,400
71. In the given figure, AP and BP are tangents to a circle with centre O. If ∠APB = 62°, then the measure of ∠AQB is-
72. The value of 27a3 – 2√2 b3 is equal to-
(A) (3a – √2 b) (9a2 – 2b2 + 6√2
(B) (3a – √2 b) (9a2 + 2b2 + 6√2
(C) (3a – √2 b) (9a2 + 2b2 + 3√2
(D) (3a – √2 b) (9a2 – 2b2 – 3√2
73. In a circle with radius 5 cm a chord is at a distance of 3 cm from the centre. The length of the chord is-
(A) 3 cm
(B) 7 cm
(C) 8 cm
(D) 4 cm
74. A person marked his goods at a price that would give him 40% profit. But he declared a sale and allowed 20% discount on the marked price. What is the profit percentage of the person in the whole transaction?
75. The simple interest on a certain sum at the end of three years at 5% p.a. is Rs 1,200. The compound interest on the same sum for the same period at the same rate is (interest compound yearly)-
(A) Rs 1,800
(B) Rs 1,261
(C) Rs 820
(D) Rs 1,260
76. Select the incorrectly spelt word-
77. In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error-
Deepa walked down the road slowly without looking anybody.
(A) down the road
(B) slowly without
(C) looking anybody
(D) Deepa walked
78. Select the incorrectly spelt word-
79. Select the option that expresses the given sentence in reported speech. She said to me, “What time has your flight tomorrow?”
(A) She asked me what time is my flight the next day
(B) She asked me what time my flight will be the next day
(C) She asked me what time my flight was the following day
(D) She asked me that what time was my flight tomorrow
80. Select the most appropriate option to substitute the bold segment in the given sentence. If there is no need to substitute it, select No improvement.
My shoes were worn out so I had to buy a new one
(A) a new ones
(B) new ones
(C) No improvement
(D) the new one’s
81. Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom-
Blow one’s own trumpet.
(A) Follow others
(B) Praise oneself
(C) Condemn others
(D) Be self-reliant
Directions- (Q. 82 to 86) In the following passage, some words have been deleted. Select the most appropriate option to fill each blank.
Watermelon is thought to have originated in Africa’s Kalahari Desert. Believe it (1) …….. not, the first recorded watermelon harvest (2) ….. nearly 5000 years ago in Egypt and is (3)…… in Egyptian hieroglyphics on the walls of their (4) …. buildings. This fruit was often placed (5) …… the burial tombs of kings to provide nourishment in the afterlife.
82. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank 1-
83. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank 2-
84. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank 3-
85. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank 4-
86. Select the most appropriate option to fill in blank 5-
87. Select the most appropriate one word substitution for the given group of words-
A place where clothes are kept.
88. In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error-
Everything that I like to eat are fattening.
(A) Everything that
(B) I like
(C) are fattening
(D) to eat
89. Select the most appropriate antonym of the given word.
90. Select the most appropriate antonym of the given word-
91. Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank-
The government has warned the traders not to …… onions.
92. Select the most appropriate option to substitute the bold segment in the given sentence. If there is no need to substitutes it, select No Improvement-
He sing always when he is having a shower.
(A) He always sings
(B) He always sing
(C) No improvement
(D) Always he is singing
93. Given below are four jumbled sentence Out of the given options pick the one that gives their correct order-
(1) He that called out to the people but by then only a red glow was visible in the sky.
(2) At first, he thought it was a stuck kite.
(3) Bheema was visiting his fields when he spotted a rising disc shaped object.
(4) But when it started rising higher and emitted light, he was shocked.
(A) 2, 1, 3, 4
(B) 2, 4, 1, 3
(C) 3, 4, 1, 2
(D) 3, 2, 4, 1
94. Select the most appropriate synonym of the given word-
95. Given below are four jumbled sentences. Out of the given options pick the one that gives their correct order-
(1) It requires physical endurance, which can be built with training and exercise.
(2) Truly strong personalities meet challenges of life bravely and face hardships with equanimity.
(3) However, strength of character is a personality trait or a quality.
(4) Physical strength is the ability to cope with a physically challenging task.
(A) 3, 2, 1, 4
(B) 2, 1, 3, 4
(C) 4, 1, 3, 2
(D) 4, 2, 3, 1
96. Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank-
The students went to their …….. classes after the morning assembly.
97. Select the option that expresses the given sentence in passive voice-
Martin drew a picture of the snow-capped mountains.
(A) A picture of the snowcapped mountains has been drawn by Martin
(B) A picture of the snowcapped mountains was drawn by Martin.
(C) A picture of the snow-capped mountains is drawn by Martin
(D) A picture of the snow-capped mountains be being drawn by Martin
98. Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom-
Spill the beans.
(A) Perform magic
(B) Work hard
(C) Waste money
(D) Give away a secret
99. Select the most appropriate one word substitution for the given group of words-
A person very reserved in speech.
100. Select the most appropriate synonym of the given word-
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: