1. The Name box on to the left of formula bar
A) shows the name of workbook currently working on
B) shows the name of worksheet currently working on
C) shows the name of cell or range currently working on
D) None of above
Answer: C) shows the name of cell or range currently working on
2. Which of the following option is not available in Paste Special dialog box?
A) Add B) Subtract C) Divide D) SQRT
Answer: D) SQRT
3. Ctrl + D shortcut key in Excel will
A) Open the font dialog box B) Apply double underline for the active cell
C) Fill down in the selection D) None of above
Answer: C) Fill down in the selection
4. By default Excel provides 3 worksheets. You need only two of them, how will you delete the third one?
A) Right click on Sheet Tab of third sheet and choose Delete from the context menu
B) Click on Sheet 3 and from Edit menu choose Delete
C) Both of above D) None of above
Answer: A) Right click on Sheet Tab of third sheet and choose Delete from the context menu
5. You can automatically adjust the size of text in a cell if they do not fit in width by
A) Double clicking on the right border of column header
B) From Format choose Columns and then Autofit Selection
C) From Format Cells dialog box mark Shrink to fit check box
D) All of above
Answer: C) From Format Cells dialog box mark Shrink to fit check box
6. Where can you set the shedding color for a range of cells in Excel?
A) Choose required color form Patterns tab of Format Cells dialog box
B) Choose required color on Fill Color tool in Formatting toolbar
C) Choose required color on Fill Color tool in Drawing toolbar
D) All of above
Answer: D) All of above
7. Which of the following options is not available to remove arrows of Formula Auditing?
A) Remove all precedent arrows B) Remove all dependent arrows
C) Remove all arrows D) Remove all arrows for this cell
Answer: D) Remove all arrows for this cell
8. When you enter Sunday and fill right, Excel fill in with Monday, Tuesday and so on. From where Excel knows what to fill in next?
A) AutoComplete B) AutoFormat
C) Custom List D) Calculation Automatic
Answer: C) Custom List
9. Which of the following is not a worksheet design criterion?
a. Efficiency b. Auditability c. Description d. Clarity
Answer: c. Description
10. The cell reference for a range of cells that starts in cell B1 and goes over to column G and down to row 10 is ….
a. G1-G10 b. B1.G10 c. B1;G10 d. B1:G10
Answer: d. B1:G10
11. Data can be arranged in ascending or descending order by using
a.Sort command from Table menu b. Sort command from Data menu
c. Sort command from Tools menu d. None of these
You can access Data >> Sort menu to arrange data in ascending or descending order.
Answer: b. Sort command from Data menu
12. When you create two or four separate windows containing part of the spreadsheet that can be viewed, you have created
a. sections b. panes c. views d. subsheets
Answer: b. panes
13. How do you tell one cell from another?
A. By numbers B. By letters C. By its address D. by color
Answer: C. By its address
14. In a report, you need to show the monthly rainfall in Nepal. The best way to do this is to insert a
A. calendar B. photograph of rainfall
C. chart showing rainfall amounts D. database of rainfall
Answer: C. chart showing rainfall amounts
15. In Excel, a Data Series is defined as what?
A. A type of chart. B. A cell reference.
C. A collection of related data D. A division of results
Answer: C. A collection of related data
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: