1. Each excel file is a workbook that contains different sheets. Which of the following can not be a sheet in workbook?
A) work sheet B) chart sheet C) module sheet D) data sheet
Answer: D) data sheet
2. Which command will you choose to convert a column of data into row?
A) Cut and Paste B) Edit >> Paste Special >> Transpose
C) Both of above D) None of above
Answer: B) Edit >> Paste Special >> Transpose
3. The short cut key Ctrl + R is used in Excel to
A) Right align the content of cell B) Remove the cell contents of selected cells
C) Fill the selection with active cells to the right D) None of above
Answer: C) Fill the selection with active cells to the right
4. Which of the following action removes a sheet from workbook?
A) Select the sheet, then choose Edit >> Delete Sheet
B) Select the sheet then choose Format >> Sheet >> Hide
C) Both of above D) None of above
Answer: A) Select the sheet, then choose Edit >> Delete Sheet
5. Formatting a cell in Currency, you can specify
A) Decimal Places B) Currency Symbol C) Both of above D) None of above
Answer: C) Both of above
6. You can set Page Border in Excel from
A) From Border tab in Format Cells dialog box
B) From Border tool in Formatting toolbar
C) From Line Style tool in Drawing toolbar
D) You can not set page border in Excel
Answer: D) You can not set page border in Excel
7. Excel is a good application for What IF analysis. Which of the following tool help you for this?
A) Formul Auditing B) Research C) Track Change D) Goal Seek
Answer: D) Goal Seek
8. The minimum and maximum value you can set for Save AutoRecovery Info in Excel are
A) 1 and 120 minutes B) 0 and 120 minutes
C) 2 and 60 minutes D) 1 and 10 minutes
Answer: A) 1 and 120 minutes
9. To copy cell contents using drag and drop, press the
a. End key b. Shift key c. Esc key d. None of above
Answer: d. None of above
10. A user wishes to remove a spreadsheet from a workbook. Which is the correct sequence of events that will do this?
a. Go to File-Save As – Save As Type – Excel worksheet
b. Right click on the spreadsheet tab and select DELETE
c. Right click on the spreadsheet and select Insert – Entire Column
d. None of above
Answer: b. Right click on the spreadsheet tab and select DELETE
11. Which of the following is concantenating operator?
a. Apostrophe (‘) b. Exclamation (!) c. Ampersand (&) d. Hash (#)
Ampersand (&) can be used to concantenate text in excel.
This is one of those questions that you can never find in Excel help, because no one thinks to search for the word “Concatenation”. Heck, I don’t think any normal person ever uses the word concatenate. If you don’t know to search for Concatenate, then you will never learn that the concatenation operator is an ampersand. Start with a basic formula of
Answer: c. Ampersand (&)
12. To keep specific rows and columns from scrolling off the screen you first must position the cell pointer
a. to the right of the column you want to remain on the screen
b. below the row you want to remain on the screen
c. on the row you want to remain on the screen
d. both below and right of the row and column you want to remain on the screen
To freeze some rows and columns you need to position cell pointer below the rows and right of the columns you want them to freeze. Excel will draw freeze line on the top and left edge of active cell.
Answer: d. both below and right of the row and column you want to remain on the screen
13. Give me an example of a cell address.
A. 11 25 B. 911 C. 41A D. A21
Answer: D. A21
14. You want to record experiment information and create a chart that shows the rate of crystal growth over a period of time. The best application to use would be:
A. word processing B. spreadsheet C. database D. graphics
Answer: B. spreadsheet
15. In Excel, the Fill Color button on the Formatting toolbar is used for what?
A. To insert a background. B. To add borders.
C. To select a distribution of figures. D. To add shading or color to a cell range.
Answer: D. To add shading or color to a cell range.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: