1. Which of the following is not the correct method of editing the cell content?
A) Press the Alt key B) Press the F2 key
C) Click the formula bar D) Double click the cell
Answer: A) Press the Alt key
2. It is acceptable to let long text flow into adjacent cells on a worksheet when
A) data will be entered in the adjecent cells
B) no data will be entered in the adjacent cells
C) there is no suitable abbrevition for the text
D) there is not time to format the text
Answer: B) no data will be entered in the adjacent cells
3. The command Edit >> Fill Across Worksheet is active only when
A) One sheet is selected B) When many sheets are selected
C) When no sheet is selected D) None of above
Answer: B) When many sheets are selected
4. While Finding and Replacing some data in Excel, which of the following statement is valid?
A) You can Find and Replace within the sheet or workbook
B) Excel does not have option to match case for find
C) Both are valid D) None are valid
Answer: A) You can Find and Replace within the sheet or workbook
5. Formatting a cell in Number format you can’t set
A) Decimal Places B) Use 1000 separator C) Negative numbers
D) Currency Symbol
Answer: D) Currency Symbol
6. When all the numbers between 0 and 100 in a range should be displayed in Red Color, apply
A) Use =if() function to format the required numbers red
B) Apply Conditional Formatting command on Format menu
C) Select the cells that contain number between 0 and 100 then click Red color on Text Color tool
D) All of above
Answer: B) Apply Conditional Formatting command on Format menu
7. Which of the following tool you will use in Excel to see what must be the value of a cell to get required result?
A) Formul Auditing B) Research C) Track Change D) Goal Seek
Answer: D) Goal Seek
8. Which of the following can not be hidden from Tools >> Options then View tab?
A) Startup Task Pane B) Formula bar C) Status bar D) Scroll Bar
Answer: D) Scroll Bar
9. If you press …., the cell accepts your typing as its contents.
a. Enter b. Ctrl + Enter c. TAB d. Insert
Answer: a. Enter
10. What feature enables you to adjust or back solve the value in a cell to reach a desired outcome in a formula?
a. Goal Seek b. Scenario Summary report c. Forecasting d. Trend line
Answer: d. Trend line
11. Red triangle at the top right corner of a cell indicates
a. There is an error in the cell b. There is a comment associated with the cell
c. The font color of the text in cell is red d. The cell can’t accept formula
A red triangle at the top right corner of cell indicates a comment associated. If you place mouse point over the triangle it will show the comment typed.
Answer: b. There is a comment associated with the cell
12. If you wanted to sort an employee file so that they would be listed alphabetically by last name and first name within individual zip codes (smallest to largest), which of the following would be the correct order of the sort?
a. zip codes (ascending), then last name (ascending), then first name (ascending)
b. last name (ascending), then first name(ascending), then last name (ascending)
c. zip codes (descending), then last name(ascending), then first name(ascending)
d. last name (descending), then first name (descending), then last name (descending)
Because the list should be arranged alphabetically from smallest to largest within individual zip codes they should be sorted by zip codes (ascending) then by last name and then first name all ascending.
Answer: a. zip codes (ascending), then last name (ascending), then first name (ascending)
13. Which is an example of a formula?
A. =A1+A2 B. =add(A1:A2) C. A1+A2 D. SUM(A1:A2)
Answer: A. =A1+A2
14. You are editing an worksheet that you had previously saved. If you want to save the edited sheet without losing the original one, which command should you use?
A. New B. Save As C. Edit D. Save
Answer: B. Save As
15. In help menu of Excel, which of the following tabs are found?
A. Contents tab B. Answer Wizard tab C. Index tab D. all of the above.
Answer: D. all of the above.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: