1. You can merge the main document with data source in Excel. In mail merge operation, Word is usually
A) server B) source C) client D) none
Answer: C) client
2. Which of the cell pointer indicates you that you can make selection?
A) Doctor’s symbol (Big Plus) B) small thin plus icon
C) Mouse Pointer with anchor at the tip D) None of above
Answer: A) Doctor’s symbol (Big Plus)
3. Which of the following series type is not valid for Fill Series dialog box?
A) Linear B) Growth C) Autofill D) Time
Answer: D) Time
4. Which of the following is not true about Find and Replace in Excel
A) You can search for bold and replace with italics
B) You can decide whether to look for the whole word or not
C) You can search in formula too
D) You can search by rows or columns or sheets
Answer: D) You can search by rows or columns or sheets
5. What is entered by the function =today()
A) The date value for the day according to system clock
B) The time value according to system clock
C) Today’s date as Text format D) All of above
Answer: A) The date value for the day according to system clock
6. You can check the conditions against __________ when applying conditional formatting
A) Cell value B) Formula C) Both of above D) None of above
Answer: C) Both of above
7. To apply Goal Seek command your cell pointer must be in
A) The Changing cell whose value you need to find
B) The Result Cell where formula is entered
C) The cell where your targeted value is entered
D) None of above
Answer: B) The Result Cell where formula is entered
8. What happens if you remove the check mark from Row & Column headers on Options dialog box?
A) This will remove row headings and column headings of your data
B) This will remove the column headings (A, B, C)
C) This will remove row and column heading of chart
D) This will remove row and column heading of table
Answer: B) This will remove the column headings (A, B, C)
9. The autofill feature
a. Extends a sequential series of data b. Automatically adds a range of cell values
c. Applies a boarder around selected cells d. None of above
Answer: a. Extends a sequential series of data
10. what term describes a background that appears as a grainy, non smooth surface
a. gradient b. pattern c. solid d. texture
Answer: a. gradient
11. To select multiple non-adjecent cells in a worksheet you will click them holding
a. CTRL key b. ALT key c. Shift Key d. Ctrl+Shift key
Holding Ctrl and clicking cells will allow you to select multiple cells that are not joined with each other.
Answer: a. CTRL key
12. If you require more than two conditions or if you want to analyze a list using Excel 2003′s database functions, you must define which filter?
a. Auto Filter b. Update Filter c. Advantage Filter d. Advanced Criteria Filter
Answer: d. Advanced Criteria Filter
13. Which is an example of a function?
A. =add(A1:A2) B. =A1+A2 C. =SUM(A1:A2) D. A1+A2
Answer: C. =SUM(A1:A2)
14. If you want to have a blank line after the title in a worksheet, what is the best thing for you to do?
A. Re-format the spreadsheet B. Insert a row
C. Increase the column width D. Use the spacebar
Answer: B. Insert a row
15. A __________ is a grid with labeled columns and rows.
A. Dialog box B. Worksheet C. Clipboard D. Toolbar
Answer: B. Worksheet
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: