1. How can you update the values of formula cells if Auto Calculate mode of Excel is disabled?
A) F8 B) F9 C) F10 D) F11
Answer: B) F9
2. Which of the cell pointer indicates that you can fill series?
A) Doctor’s symbol (Big Plus) B) small thin plus icon
C) Mouse Pointer with anchor at the tip D) None of above
Answer: B) small thin plus icon
3. Which of the following you can paste selectively using Paste Special command?
A) Validation B) Formats C) Formulas D) All of above
Answer: D) All of above
4. You can move a sheet from one workbook into new book by
A) From Edit menu choose Move or Copy sheet, mark the Create a ccopy and Click OK
B) From Edit menu choose Move of Copy then choose (Move to end) and click OK
C) From Edit menu choose Move or Copy then select (new book) from To Book list and click OK
D) None of above
Answer: C) From Edit menu choose Move or Copy then select (new book) from To Book list and click OK
5. Which function will you use to enter current time in a woksheet cell?
A) =today() B) =now() C) =time() D) =currentTime()
Answer: B) =now()
6. Which of the following is not true regarding Conditional Formatting?
A) You can add more than one condition to check
B) You can set condition to look for Bold and apply Italics on them.
C) You can apply Font, border and pattern formats that meets the specified conditions
D) You can delete any condition from Conditional Formatting dialog box if it is not requried
Answer: B) You can set condition to look for Bold and apply Italics on them.
7. Which of the following is not What IF analysis tool in Excel?
A) Goal Seek B) Scenarios C) Macros D) None of above
Answer: C) Macros
8. The default font size in Excel worksheet is
A) 10 points B) 12 points C) 14 points D) None of above
Answer: A) 10 points
9. What is the keyboard shortcut (button or buttons to be pressed) for creating a chart from the selected cells?
a. F3 b. F5 c. F7 d. F11
Answer: d. F11
10. Excel is a
a. Graphic program b. None of these c. Word processor d. A spreadsheet
Answer: A spreadsheet
11. Cell E23 has a date value and you wish to place that date on an invoice prefaced with the text located in B15. What is the command to do that?
a. =B15&E23 b. =proper(B15)&” “&text(E23,”mmmm dd, yyyy”)
c. B15&” “&E23 d. =join(B15&E23)
=proper(B15)&” “&text(E23,”mmmm dd, yyyy”) is the correct answer.
=proper() will convert text into proper case. & will join the text. ” ” will insert an empty space. text() function will convert the value in cell into text in given format.
Other options won’t provide desired output.
Answer: b. =proper(B15)&” “&text(E23,”mmmm dd, yyyy”)
12. A quick way to return to a specific area of a worksheet is to type in the _____
a. Name box b. Formula bar c. Zoom box d. None of these
Answer: a. Name box
13. What is the symbol for multiplying?
A. > B. / C. ! D. *
Answer: D. *
14. In order to arrange the countries from those with the highest population to those with the lowest, you need to sort on the population field in ……………
A. ascending order B. descending order
C. alphabetical order D. random order
Answer: B. descending order
15. The active cell:
A. is defined by a bold border around the cell. B. Receives the data the user enters.
C. It is the formula bar. D. Only A and B.
Answer: D. Only A and B.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: