Bihar Judicial Services (Pre.) Exam., 2016
Held on 13-8-2016
1. The system of ‘Dagh’ and ‘Huliya’ was introduced by –
(B) Ala-ud-din Khilji
(D) Firuz Shah Tughlaq
2. English traveller William Hawkins visited India during the time of which Mughal emperor ?
(A) Shah Jahan
3. The ‘Iqtadari’ system was introduced by-
(C) Ala-ud-din Khilji
(D) Firuz Shah Tughlaq
4. What was the name of the Persian translation of Mahabharat ?
(B) Sirrul Asrar
5. Krishnadevaraya of the Vijayanagar empire was a contemporary of-
(B) Firuz Shah Tughlaq
6. Baburanama was composed in which language ?
7. ‘Servants of Indian Society’ was founded by-
(A) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Govind Ranade
8. Ancient Monuments Preservation Act, 1904, was passed during the time of which Governor-General
(A) Lord Minto
(B) Lord Hardinage
(C) Lord Curzon
(D) Lord Linlithgow
9. Who was the author of History of British India ?
(A) James Mill
(B) V.A. Smith
(C) V.D. Savarkar
(D) R.C. Majumdar
10. Which was the first newspaper published in India ?
(A) Bengal Gazette
(B) Calcutta Gazette
(C) Bombay Herlad
(D) Bengal Journal
11. “Go back to the Vedas.” Who gave this slogan ?
(A) Raja Rammohan Roy
(B) Keshav Chandra Sen
(C) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
(D) Swami Dayanand Saraswati
12. Arya Samaj was established in-
13. The worst famine in India under the British rule occurred during-
14. Who among the following women was associated with the revolutionary movement ?
(A) Toru Dutt
(C) Bhikaji Cama
15. Simon Commission visited India in-
16. Under which Act were the Muslims provided separate electorates in British India ?
(A) Indian Council Act, 1892
(B) Morley-Minto Reforms, 1909
(C) Indian Council Act, 1861
(D) Montagu – Chelmsford Reforms, 1919
17. Who among the following woman social reformers was called ‘Pandit’ ?
(C) Annie Besant
(D) Sister Subbalakshmi
18. Where did the Indigo Revolt take place ?
(B) Uttar Pradesh
19. Queen Victoria’s proclamation took place in-
20. Who among the following authors has called the Revolt of 1857 as the First War of Independence ?
(A) R.C. Majumdar
(B) S. N. Sen
(C) V. D. Savarkar
(D) Ashok Mehta
21. ‘Abhinav Bharat’ founded in 1904 was-
(A) a secret organization of revolutionary activities
(B) a newspaper
(C) a cultural organization
(D) a trade union movement
22. “History is a continuous process of interaction between past and present.” Who said this ?
(A) E. H. Carr
(B) Charles Firth
(C) Karl Marx
(D) V. A. Smith
23. The famine code for India was recommended by which Commission ?
(A) MacDonnell Commission
(B) Campbell Commission
(C) Lyall Commission
(D) Strachey Commission
24. Who was associated 2wwith the newspaper, Mooknayak ?
(A) Jyotiba Phule
(B) B. R. Ambedkar
(C) M. N. Roy
(D) Annie Besant
25. Who among the following has called Tilak as ‘Father of Indian Unrest ?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) Powell Price
(D) Valentine Chirol
26. Who among the following persons was considered by Gandhiji as his ‘Political Guru’ ?
(A) Dadabhai Naoroji
(B) M. G. Ranade
(C) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(D) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
27. New India and Commonweal news-papers were associated with-
(A) R. C. Dutt
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Raja Rammohan Roy
(D) Annie Besant
28. Who was the founder of Deccan Education Society ?
(A) Jyotiba Phule
(B) Firoz Shah Mehta
(C) M. G. Ranade
(D) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
29. The manuscript of Arthashastra was discovered by –
(A) Sir William Jones
(C) Ram Gopal Bhandarkar
(D) James Mill
30. Who was the author of the famous text, Mudharakshasa ?
31. The first Buddhist Council was summoned by-
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
32. Mahatma Buddha gave his first sermon at-
(B) Bodh Gaya
33. Which archaeological site is associated with the Mauryan palace ?
34. Which Rock Edict of Ashoka mentions the Kalinga War ?
(A) (XIII) Thirteenth
(B) (VIII) Eighth
(C) (II) Second
(D) (V) Fifth
35. Rajarajeshwara temple at Tanjore is the finest example of which architecture ?
36. Match the following –
(a) Bhotiya (b) Gujjar
(c) Gaddi (d) Dafla
1. Arunachal Pradesh
2. Himachal Pradesh
(A) (a) – 4; (b) – 3; (c) – 2; (d) – 1
(B) (a) – 2; (b) – 1; (c) – 3; (d) – 4
(C) (a) – 1; (b) – 3; (c) – 4; (d) – 2
(D) (a) – 3; (b) – 2; (c) – 1; (d) – 4
37. The largest reserves of sal forest is found in-
(A) Nilgiri hills
(B) Dun valley
38. Telangana State is surrounded by which of the following groups of States ?
(A) Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha
(B) Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Maharashtra and Karnataka
(C) Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
(D) Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
39. Main Boundary Thrust (MBT) separates –
(A) Ganga Plain and Siwaliks
(B) Siwaliks and Lesser Himalaya
(C) Lesser Himalaya and Greater Himalaya
(D) Greater Himalaya and Trans-Himalaya
40. The valley of flowers is located in –
(A) Himachal Himalaya
(B) Garhwal Himalaya
(C) Kashmir Himalaya
(D) Nepal Himalaya
41. In India, coal is found in the geological formation of-
42. Rohtang pass connects the valleys of-
(A) Bhagirathi and Alaknanda
(B) Kali and Dholi
(C) Kulu and Spiti
(D) Jhelam and Ravi
43. The basic reason of winter rain fall in northwestern part of India is-
(A) south-west monsoon
(B) trade wind
(C) retreating of monsoon
(D) western disturbances
44. Laterite soils is found mostly in-
(C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) West Bengal
45. Which of the following pairs is incorrect ?
(A) Bhakra nangal Dam−Satluj
(B) Sardar Sarovar Dam−Narmada
(C) Hirakud Dam−Mahanadi
(D) Nagarjun Sagar Dam−Godavari
46. Which of the following river-valleys was deeply affected by the calamity of June 2013 ?
47. Match the following
(a) Tarapur Nuclear Power Plant
(b) Rawatbhata Nuclear Power Plant
(c) Kakrapar Nuclear Power Plant
(d) Kaiga Nuclear Power Plant
(A) (a) – 1; (b) – 3; (c) – 3; (d) – 4
(B) (a) – 3; (b) – 4; (c) – 1; (d) – 2
(C) (a) – 4; (b) – 3; (c) – 2; (d) – 1
(D) (a) – 2; (b) – 1; (c) – 4; (d) – 3
48. What does ‘ITCZ’ mean ?
(A) Inter-Temperate Convergence Zone
(B) Inter-Topical Convergence Zone
(C) India-Thailand Convergence Zone
(D) Inter-Tropical Convergence Zone
49. Rana Pratap Sagar Dam is built on which of the following rivers ?
50. Amarkantak is the place of origin of-
(A) Sone, Narmada, Mahanadi
(B) Sone, Chambal and Betwa
(C) Narmada, Venganga and Ken
(D) Mahandi, Tapti and Sone
51. India’s largest National Cancer Institute is set up in which of the following States ?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(D) West Bengal
52. Which of the following countries has hosted the International Neutrality Conference ?
(B) Sri Lanka
53. Which of the following committees has been appointed to look into dispute between ONGC and RIL on KG gas fields ?
(A) Pradhan Committee
(B) A.P. Shah Committee
(C) M. B. Shah Committee
(D) Deshmukh Committee
54. Which of the following is the first bank to tie up with Indian railways to sell rail tickets through its web site ?
(A) State Bank of India
(B) ICICI Bank
(C) Axis Bank Ltd.
(D) Punjab National Bank
55. Which of the following banks is the World’s largest bank by assets ?
(A) Bank of America
(B) Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
(C) BNP Paribas
(D) Bank of China
56. Which of the following space agencies has launched the LISA Pathfinder ?
(A) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
(C) European Space Agency
(D) China National Space Administration
57. The new Parliament building of which of the following countries is built by India ?
58. Which of the following committees suggested initiatives on Revisiting and Revitalizing PPP Model ?
(A) Dinesh Pachori Committee
(B) Arun Pasricha Committee
(C) Vijay Kelkar Committee
(D) Deepak Mohanty Committee
59. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Director-General of National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) ?
(A) Arvind Subramanian
(B) Bibek Debroy
(C) Gaynendra Bandgaiyan
(D) Sanjay Madhav
60. Which of the following States is planning to construct the first ever underwater road tunnel in the country ?
(A) Tamil Nadu
(C) Andhra Pradesh
61. Which of the following countries has announced to adopt Chinese Yuan as its legal currency ?
62. Salma Dam project is being under reconstruction in which of the following countries ?
63. Which of the following countries has launched the DAMPE satellite ?
64. Which of the following countries has approved world’s first dengue vaccine ?
(A) United Kingdom
65. Which of the following American Universities has launched the A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Fellowship for Indian students ?
(A) Harvard University
(B) University of South Florida
(C) University of California, Berkeley
(D) University of Chicago
66. Which of the following countries recently became a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) ?
67. Which of the following organization has sanctioned $ 1.5 billion loan to support the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) ?
(A) World Bank
(D) Japan Bank for International Cooperation
68. In which of the following Indian States Lokayukta has been appointed by the Supreme Court of India by using its extraordinary powers under Article 142 of the Constitution ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Andhra Pradesh
69. Satellites of which of the following countries have been successfully launched by using ISRO’s PSLV C29 ?
(D) Saudi Arabia
70. As per the 2015 Human Development Report (HDR), what was India’s rank in Human Development Index (HDI) for 2014 ?
71. Green Revolution means –
(A) use of green manure
(B) Grow more corps
(C) high yield variety programmes
(D) green vegetation
72. Pedology is the science related to the study of-
73. The unit of electrical resistance of a conductor is-
74. The step that produces largest number of ATP molecules in our system is-
(B) Krebs cycle
(C) terminal respiratory chain
75. Brass is an alloy of-
(A) copper and iron
(B) zinc and iron
(C) copper and zinc
(D) iron and nickel
76. When beams of red, blue and green lights fall on the same spot, the colour of the light becomes –
77. Which organ of the human body does the Alzheimer’s disease affect ?
78. How many units of electricity will be consumed if you use a 60 watt electric bulb for 5 hours everyday for 30 days ?
79. Soda water obtained by passing carbon dioxide in water is –
(A) an oxidizing agent
(B) basic in nature
(C) acidic in nature
(D) a reducing agent
80. Which of the following is not a kharif crop ?
81. The radioactive isotope used to control leukemia is-
(A) Phosphorus 32
(B) Cobalt 60
(C) Iodine 131
(D) Sodium 24
82. White rust is an important fungal disease of-
83. Liver fluke lives in the bile duct of-
84. Nucleus of helium contains –
(A) only one proton
(B) two proton
(C) two proton and two neutrons
(D) one proton and two neutrons
85. Of the following diseases, which one is caused by insect bite ?
86. The class of food having highest caloric value per unit weight is –
87. Baking soda is-
(A) sodium carbohydrate
(B) sodium bicarbonate
(C) sodium sulphate
(D) sodium hydroxide
88. Density of water is the highest at the temperature of-
89. In which of the following organs bile is stored ?
90. Deficiency of which of the following vitamins causes the disease of slow blood clotting ?
(A) Vitamin C
(B) Vitamin D
(C) Vitamin E
(D) Vitamin K
91. Which of the following acids does not contain oxygen ?
(A) Nitric acid
(B) Sulphuric acid
(C) Hydrochloric acid
(D) All of the above
92. Which of the following is not biodegradable ?
(A) Domestic sewage
(B) Lab detergents
(D) Plant leaves
93. The atomic nucleus was discovered by-
94. The branch of Physics that deals with the motion of a very small particle is called –
(A) Field Theory
(B) Particle Physics
(C) Quantum Mechanics
(D) Atomic Physics
95. Which of the following foods provides the nutrient for the growth of new tissues in the human body ?
96. Which of the following is the largest air pollutant ?
(A) Carbon dioxide
(B) Carbon monoxide
(C) Sulphur dioxide
97. In binary code, the number 7 is written as-
98. Anthophobia is fear of which of the following ?
99. Clove is obtained from-
(D) flower bud
100. Which of the following fights infection in the body ?
(C) Blood plasma
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: