Civil Services (Mains.) Exam., 2016
Held On 5-12-2016
1. Early Buddhist Stupa-art while depicting folk motifs and narratives, successfully expounds Buddhist ideals. Elucidate.
2. Krishnadeva Raya, the king of Vijayanagar, was not only an accomplished scholar himself but was a also a great patron of learning and literature. Discuss.
3. Explain how the uprising of 1857 constitutes an important watershed in the evolution of British policies towards colonial India.
4. Discuss the role of women in the freedom struggle especially during the Gandhian phase.
5. Highlight the differences in the approach of Subhash Chandra Bose and Mahatma Gandhi in the struggle for freedom.
6. Has the formation of linguistic states strengthened the cause of Indian unity?
7. The anti-colonial struggles in West Africa were led by the new elite of Western-educated Africans. Examine.
8. To what extent has globalization influenced the core of cultural diversity in India ? Explain.
9. “An essential condition to eradicate poverty is to liberate the poor from the process of deprivation.” Substantiate this statement with suitable examples.
10. Why are the tribals in India referred to as Scheduled Tribes ? Indicate the major provisions enshrined in the Constitution of India for their upliftment.
11. With a brief background of quality of Urban life in India, introduce the objesctives and strategy of the ‘Smart City Programme’
12. What is the basis of regionalism ? Is it that unequal distribution of benefits of development on regional basis eventually promotes regionalism ? Substantiate your answer.
13. Discuss the concept of air mass and explain its role in macroclimatic changes.
14. “The Himalayas are highly prone to landslides.” Discuss the causes and suggest suitable measures of mitigation.
15. The effective management of land and water resources will drastically reduce the human miseries. Explain.
16. South China Sea has assumed great geopolitical significance in the present context. Comment.
17. Major cities of India are becoming more vulnerable to flood conditions. Discuss.
18. Present an account of the Indus Water Treaty and examine its ecological, economic and political implications in the context of changing bilateral relations.
19. Enumerate the problems and prospects of inland water transport in India.
20. In what way do micro watershed development projects help in water conservation in drought-prone and semi-arid regions of India ?
1. In India, under the Department of Posts (GoI), the first Post Office was set-up in the year 1727 at –
(A) Kolkata (West Bengal)
(B) Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
(C) Mumbai (Maharashtra)
(D) New Delhi
2. Under the Department of Posts (GoI), General Post Offices (GPOs)were also set-up in the then three Presidencies of –
(A) Kolkata (1774)
(B) Chennai (1786)
(C) Mumbai (1793)
(D) In all of these three Presidencies
3. EMO (Electronic Money Order) Service was introduced by the Department of Posts-in all the Departmental Post Offices across the country, in the year ….. (website : indiapost.gov.in to track EMO).
4. E-IPO (Electronic Indian Postal Order) was launched by the Department of Posts (GoI) on 22nd March, 2013, which has been extended to Indian citizens living in India w.e.f. 13th February –
(D) None of these
5. APY (Atal Pension Yojana) has been launched in CBS Head Post Office w.e.f. 1 December, ….
6. Jansuraksha Schemes, viz., PMSBY (Pradhan Mantri Surksha Bima Yojana) and PMJJBY ( Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana) have been launched w.e.f. 7th September, …… in all CBS Post Office.
7. By the Department of Posts (GoI), ‘Hindi Fortnight’ was observed from ….. to promote Hindi Typing competitions on computer.
(A) 14-28th Sept., 2015
(B) 14-28th Oct., 2015
(C) 14-28th Nov., 2015
(D) None of the above
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: