IBPS Agriculture Officers Examination-2016 Held on 29-1-2017
Directions – (Q. 1-5) The question consists of a question and two statements I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read the both the statements and choose the appropriate option.
(A) The data in both the statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
(B) The data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(C) The data in both the statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
(D) The data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
(E) The data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
1. What is the cost price of the article ? (in Rs)
I. 8% of the selling price of the article is equal to the 12% of the cost price.
II. 15% of the cost price of the article is Rs 6 more than 9% of the selling price of the article.
2. In how many days A, B and C together can finish a piece of work?
I. A is twice as efficient as B.
II. A and B together can finish the piece of work in days. B and C together can finish the piece of work in 17 A and C together can finish the same piece of work in
3. What distance (in km) the boat can travel downstream in 20 minutes?
I. The distance travelled by the boat upstream in 48 minutes is equal to the distance travelled by the boat downstream in 36 minutes.
II. The respective ratio between speed of the boat in still water and speed of the water currents is 7 : 1.
4. What is M’s mother’s present age ? (in years)
I. The respective ratio between M’s father present age and M’s present age is 7 : 2.
II. The combined present age of M’s father and M is 6 years more than the combined present age of M’s mother and M. 12 years ago M’s father age that time was M’s mother’s age that time.
5. Side of a square is equal to the length of a rectangle. What is the area of the square ? (in m2)
I. The difference between area of the rectangle and that of the square is 196 m2.
II. The difference between perimeter of the square and that of the rectangle is 14 m.
Directions – (Q. 6-11) Study the table and answer the given question.
The given table shows the attendance at a stadium (having a seating capacity of 40,000) during all the days of a 5-day test match.
Note- Everyone left the stadium at the end of play. End of play occurs at the end of every day.
6. What was the average number of people who left the stadium before the end of play on Thursday, Friday and Sunday?
7. What is respective ratio between the total number of people who left the stadium before the end of play on Friday and Saturday together and that who left the stadium before the end of play on Thursday and Monday together?
(A) 3 : 5
(B) 4 : 7
(C) 5 : 7
(D) 5 : 8
(E) 2 : 3
8. Out of the number of people who left the stadium before the end of play on Monday, the respective ratio between the number of children, adults and senior citizens was 4 : 3 : 1. What was the number of adults who left the stadium before the end of play on Monday?
9. What per cent the total seats of the stadium was sold for Saturday, if 1,080 people did not turn up for that day’s play ?
10. If males comprised 65% and 60% of those who attended the stadium on Friday and Sunday respectively, what was the difference between the number of males who attended the stadium on Friday and Sunday?
11. The number of people who stayed back till the end of p lay on Friday was what per cent more than that on Thursday?
Directions – (Q. 12-16) What will come in place of question-mark (?) in the given number series ?
12. 5 388 387 383 359 ?
13. 350 410 466 513 544 ?
14. 2 3 8 27 ? 565
15. 23 11 10 5 25 ?
16. 86 86 79 105 42 ?
17. Ram and Ali were travelling on their motorbikes from point P to Q. Ram, travelling at a speed of 60 km/hr leaves from point P at 6 am. Ali travelling at a speed of 90 km/hr leaves point P at 10 am on the same day as Ram. At what distance from point P, will Ram and Ali meet?
(A) 400 km
(B) 720 km
(C) 420 km
(D) 640 km
(E) 480 km
18. A started a business with an investment of Rs 12,000. At the end of six months from the start of the business, A withdrew half of his initial investment and B and C invested in the ratio of 10 : 9 respectively. If A’s share in annual profit of Rs 14,000 was Rs 4,500, what was the investment made by B?
(A) Rs 20,000
(B) Rs 25,000
(C) Rs 10,000
(D) Rs 12,000
(E) Rs 12,500
Directions – (Q. 19-24) What approximate value will come in place of question mark in the given question ?
(You are not expected to calculate the exact value).
19. 85 + 12.91 × 2.04 = 112.98 × ?
20. (419.89 + 59.99) = ? ×899
22. ? % of (144.98 ÷06) + 27.01 = 50.04.
23. √145 + ?2 ×98 = 44
Directions – (Q. 25-30) – Refer to the pie charts ad answer the given question.
25. Combining stores D and E, only 40% of bags (of domestic and international brands) sold was of brand ‘X’. Among those, only 50% was leather bags. What is the total number of leather bags of brand ‘X’ sold by stores D and E together?
26. Approximately, what per cent of bags sold by store D was of domestic brands?
27. Number of bags of international brands sold by stores B and E increased by 20% and 25% respectively from 2010 to 2011. In 2011, if the respective ratio between total number of bags of international brands sold by stores B and E together and that of domestic brands sold by same stores together was 13 : 21 what was the total number of bags of domestic brands sold by stores B and E together in 2011?
28. What is the difference between total number of bags of domestic brands sold by stores A and B together and that sold by stores D and E together?
29. What is the average number of bags (of domestic and international brands) sold by stores A, B and D?
30. What is the central angle corresponding to number of bags of international brands sold by store C? (in degrees)
31. Ria invests Rs P in scheme A which offers simple interest @ 12% p.a. and Rs P + 2,520 in scheme B which offers compound interest (compounded annually) @ 20% p.a. The respective ratio between the amount received from scheme A at the end of 5 years and that received from scheme B at the end of 2 years was 4 : 5. What is the value of P?
32. Cost price of article B is 20% more than that of article A. Article B was marked 20% above its cost price. The difference (in Rs)between the cost price and the marked price is equal that of article A. Both the articles were sold at a discount of 10%. If the selling price of article B is Rs 45 more than that of article A, what is the cost price of article A?
(A) Rs 250
(B) Rs 300
(C) Rs 280
(D) Rs 225
(E) Rs 240
Directions- (Q. 33-38) Study the following information carefully to answer the question.
A bakery sells three baked products-Macaroons, cupcakes and brownies. On January 1, 2017, the total number of customers who bought products from the bakery was ‘X’. The respective ratio between male customers and female customers was 4 : 9.
Out of the total number of male customers, 1/5th bought only macaroons 3/6th bought only cupcakes and 30% bought only brownies. The number of customers who bought only macaroons and cupcakes both was equal to the number of customers who bought only cupcakes and brownies both. The number of customers who bought only macaroons and brownies was 6 less than the number of customers who bought only macaroons and cupcakes both. 8 customers bought all the three baked products and 48 customers bought only brownies.
Out of the total number of female customers, 1/8th bought only macaroons, 3/8th bought only brownies, 10% bought only macaroons and cupcakes and 5% bought only cupcakes and brownies. The number of customers who bought only cupcake was twice the number of customers who bought only macaroons. 16 customers bought only macaroons and brownies and the remaining bought all three baked products.
33. What is t he respective ratio between the total number of male customers who purchased both cupcakes and brownies and the total number of female customers who purchased the same?
(A) 15 : 17
(B) 14 : 23
(C) 15 : 19
(D) 12 : 19
(E) 12 : 17
34. The total number of customers (both male and female) who bought only brownies was what per cent more than that who bought only cupcakes?
35. Out of the male customers who bought macaroons, 1/3rd bought 4 macaroons each and remaining bought 2 macaroons each. How many total macaroons were sold to male customers?
36. What is the difference between the number of males and females customers who bought only cupcakes?
37. On January 2, 2017 the total number of customers who purchased from the bakery decreased by 10% as compared to the previous day. If the respective ratio between male customers and female customers was 4 : 5, what was the number of male customers?
38. What is the difference between the total number of customers (both male and female) who bought all the three baked products and that who bought only two of the baked products?
39. A jar had 120 litre mixture of milk and water in the respective ratio of 5 : 1. 30 litres of this mixture is taken out and ‘X’ litre of each milk and water is added to the jar. The respective ratio between milk and water in the jar was 4 : 1 respectively, what was the total quantity of both milk and water added to jar ? (in litres)
Directions – (Q. 40-45) In the following questions two equations numbered I and II are given you have to solve both the equations and give answer, if-
(A) x > y (B) x ≥ y
(C) x < y (D) x ≤ y
(E) x = y or relationship cannot be established.
40. I. 4x2 + 12x + 5 = 0
II. y2 + 7y + 12 = 0
41. I. 3x2 – 10x + 8 = 0
II. 3y2 – 9y + 6 = 0
42. I. 2x2 + 3x + 1 = 0
II. 2y2 + 9y + 9 = 0
43. I. x2 – 8x + 15 = 0
II. y2 – 11y + 28 = 0
44. I. 2x2 + 13x + 21 = 0
II. 2y2 + 9y + 10 = 0
45. I. x2 = 64
II. y2 – 15y + 56 = 0
46. The present age of A’s father is equal to six times of A’s age two years hence. If A’s mother is eight years younger than A’s father and the respective ratio between present age of A’s mother and father is 7 : 9, what is A’s present age ? (in years)
47. If the circumference of a circle is 36 cm more than the perimeter of a square and the radius of t he circle is 3 cm less than the side of the square. What is the measure of the area of square? (in cm2)
48. A project can be completed by 20 men and 36 women together in 28 men can complete the same project in 15 days. How much work will be left unfinished if 40 women together work for 7 days?
49. In village A and B, out of their respective population (male + female), 2/5th and 3/8th are females. The numbers of males in village B are 25% more than those in village A. The number of females in village A and B together is 2125, what is the total population (male + female) of village A?
50. In the month of July, Ramu spent Rs 3,225 on paying electricity bill, Rs. 1,290 on paying water bill, Rs 5,160 on paying telephone bill and Rs 645 on paying cable bill. After paying these bills he is left with 84% of his monthly salary. Out of the remaining salary he spends 20% on buying groceries and the remaining he invests in mutual funds and VPF in the respective ratio of 5 : 3. How much does he invests in mutual funds every month?
(A) Rs 29,400
(B) Rs 28,500
(C) Rs 30,650
(D) Rs 26,550
(E) Rs 27,090
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: