Kendriya Vidalaya Sangathan (KVS) Lower Division Clerk Recruitment Examination Held on January 10, 2018
11. Fill in the blanks in the sentences below with a suitable preposition. Choose your answer from the given options.
I have lived …….. Mexico City for about six months before witnessing somebody get visibly angry ……. public.
(a) in; in
(b) in ; upon
(c) in; at
(d) at; with
12. Fill in the blanks in the sentence below the suitable articles. Choose your answer from the given options.
Large tremors can cause perturbations in ……… Earth’s gravitational field-and as these signals travel at ……… speed of light, they open up ….. possibility of much more rapid detection of quake magnitude.
(a) the; the; the
(b) the; ;a; the
(c) an; the; the
(d) the; the; a
13. From the options given below choose the correct collective noun you will use for ‘woodpecker’.
14. From the sentences given below choose the one that has used the correct spellings.
(a) It’s the best vantage point in Wuyishan, overlooking the meandeiring Nine-Bend Stream, as well as neighboring: tea farms and temples.
(b) The narrow path is secured with handrails and dotted with rest stops and viewing pavilions.
(c) The trek is paved with about 800 verteginous stone steps uphill and more than, 1000 downhill.
(d) It takes approximately three hours to finish depending on foot traffic.
15. From the options given below choose the correct idiom to fill in the blank.
Since I reached late I wasn’t aware of what had been going on, so I decided to ……… during the argument between my classmates.
(a) sit on the fence
(b) break the ice
(c) jump the bandwagon
(d) eat humble pie
16. A sentence is given in f our parts as options. One of the parts contains an error. Choose the option that has the error.
(a) The worn stone steps appearing: to glimmer in the sunlight.
(b) As I climbed the narrow staircase of the Gothic Church Tower in Nordllingen, Germany.
(c) What should have been a dark, grey climb to the top.
(d) Bringing unexpected flashes of light to
17. From the options given below, fill ill the blank with the correct adjective.
India’s cities are some of the most vibrant in the world, from the majesty of Mumbai to the chaos of Delhi and its food is ……., from Punjabi tandoori chicken to Goan fish curries,
18. Choose the option that offers the correct synonym of the highlighted word in the sentence given below. Pay attention to the meaning of the highlighted word in the sentence. Everything, especially in Old Delhi is fried twice, just to make it crispier– and they say if you fry anything twice it absorbs less oil.
19. In the sentence given below choose the one which has used the correct conjunction.
(a) We all know the grandmotherly wisdom of serving hot soup to someone with a cold, so does this particular meal really have medicinal properties
(b) We all knew the grandmotherly wisdom of serving hot soup to someone with a cold, for this particular meal really have medicinal properties?
(c) We all know the grandmotherly wisdom of serving hot soup to someone with a cold, but does this particular meal really have medicinal properties
(d) We all know the grandmotherly wisdom of serving hot soup to someone with cold, and does this particular meal really have medicinal properties
20. Fill in the blank in the sentence below with a suitable modal verb. Choose your answer from the given options. Foreigners who are new to India organize events for 8:30 pm not knowing that means that most people ……… arrive at 10 pm
21. As per Census 2011, which among the following States of India is the most densely populated?
(a) West Bengal
22. Which of the following musical instruments does Ustad Amjad Ali Khan play?
23. Which of the following cities of India hosted the fifth edition of the Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS)?
(d) New Delhi
24. Mass of an object is a measure of its
25. Which of the following languages has been declared the second official language of Telangana?
26. Who presided over the first session of the Indian National Congress held at Bombay in 1885?
(a) Womesh Chunder Bonnerjee
(b) Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) Sir William Wedderbum
(d) Badruddin Tyabji
27. Which of the following nations won the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy?
28. Which of the following is/was a famous Santoor player?
(a) Ustad Zakir Hussain
(b) Ustad Bismillah Khan
(c) Pandit Shivkumar Sharma
(d) Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
29. Which of the following tennis players won the men’s singles title at French Open 2017?
(a) Novak Djokovic
(b) Andy Murray
(c) Rafael Nadal
(d) Roger Federer
30. A member of the Lok Sabha submits his/her resignation to
(a) the President
(b) the Vice-President
(c) the Prime Minister
(d) the Speaker of the Lok Sabha
31. Who among the following is the only Indian citizen to have been awarded Nobel Prize in sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Medicine) ?
(a) Kailash Satyarthi
(b) Amartya Sen
(c) CV Raman
(d) Antoine Henri Becquerel
32. Who among the following presides over a joint sitting of the two houses of Parliament?
(a) The Vice-President
(b) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(c) The Prime Minister
(d) The President
33. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) was established as a part of the ……. five year plan.
34. Which of the following States does not have a Legislative Council?
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(d) Himachal Pradesh
35. Which of the following activities belongs to the secondary sector?
(a) Steel equipment manufacturing
(c) Sugarcane plantation
(d) Strategy consulting
36. Which among the following is classified under Aves?
37. Which of the following States of India has the longest coastline?
(b) Tamil Nadu
38. Who among the following was/were awarded Indian National Science Academy (NSA) medal for young scientist 2017?
(a) Vikram Vishal
(b) Asim Punia
(c) S. Venkatraman
(d) Hendrik Antoon Lorentz and Pieter Zeeman
39. Who among the following has been appointed as one of the two Deputy Director-Generals of the World Health Organization (WHO)?
(a) Amit Mittal
(b) Soumya Swaminathan
(c) Devi Shetty
(d) Naresh Trehan
40. Mahatma Gandhi launched the ‘Non-Cooperation Movement’ in the year
41. Preeti introduced a man to her husband and said. “He is the only son of my mother’s mother’s husband” How is related to that man?
42. From the given options select the one that does exact reproduction of the name and address given below.
Lt.Gen. Veer Kadam
Flat No. 314, Jal Vayu Vihar,
Sector 105, Nodia.
Gautam Budh Nagar
(a) Lt. Gen. Veer Kadam Flat No. 314, Jal Vayu Vihar, Sector 105, Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar
(b) Lt. Gen. Veer Kadam Flat No. 314, Jal Vayu Vihar, Sector 105, Noida Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh
(c) Lt. Gen. Veer Kadam Flat No. 314, Jai Veeru Vihar, Sector 105, Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh
(d) Lt. Gen. Veer Kadam Flat No. 314, Jal Vayu Vihar, Sector 105 Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh
43. Select the option that is related to the third term in the same way as the second term is related to the first term.
BGKO : AHJP : : FJNR : ?
44. Arrange the given words in a logical sequence, from small to big (with respect to quantity of water), and then choose the most appropriate sequence from amongst the options provided below.
(1) Lake (2) Pond
(3) Sea (4) Ocean
(a) 5, 2, 4, 3, 1
(b) 5, 2, 1, 3, 4
(c) 1, 5, 3, 2, 4
(d) 5, 2, 3, 1, 4
45. In a row of cadets, Paramveer is eleventh from the left and Deshraj is twenty-third from the right. When the two cadets, interchange their places, Paramveer becomes twenty-sixth from the left. How many cadets are there in the row?
46. Arrange the numbers in a way that the letters arranged accordingly will form a meaningful word.
I G O Y L R F
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(a) 7, 5, 1, 2, 6, 4, 3
(b) 2, 3,6, 5, 1, 7, 4
(c) 2, 3, 6, 1, 7, 5, 4
(d) 2, 5, 3, 6, 1, 7, 4
47. Which among the following words will come third in an English dictionary?
48. Take the given statements as true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and decide which of the conclusions logically follow(s) from the statements.
Statements All rocks are stones, Some stones are black.
(I) Some stones are rocks.
(II) No rock is black.
(a) Only conclusion II can be drawn.
(b) Neither conclusion I nor conclusion II can be drawn.
(c) Both conclusions I and II can be drawn.
(d) Only conclusion I can be drawn.
49. The numbers below are similar (share a feature) in a certain way. Select the option that is similar to the three numbers given below.
2313, 4541, 5661
50. Select the option that is related to the third-term in the same way as the second-term is related to the first-term.
Ocean : Island : : Desert : ?
51. Select the option that is different from the remaining three options.
52. Sulbha is Prema’s mother’s only son’s daughter. How is Sulbha related to Prema?
53. Faruq is richer than Ghalib. Ishwar is richer than Janeshwar. Kishan is not a rich as Faruq, but is richer than Ishwar. Who is the richest among the given friends?
54. If in a certain code language, ‘rumour, is written as 348243 and ‘true’ is written as ‘1346’. Then, how will ‘tremor’ be written in that language?
55. Select the option that is different from the remaining three options.
56. The difference between the place values ‘6’ and ‘3’ in the number 52697231 is
57. Some equations are solved o the basis of a certain system. On the same basis find out the correct answer from amongst the four alternatives for the unsolved equation.
12 × 4 = 160
14 × 5 = 221
16 × 7 = ?
58. Select the word that cannot be formed using the letters of the given word, using each letter only as m any times as it appears in the given word.
59. Select the option that is related to the third-term in the same way as the second-term is related to the first term.
12 : 27 : : 23 : ?
60. Select the word that can be formed using the letters of the given word, using each letter only as many times as it appears in the given word
61. Raman mixed 8 kg of one variety of wheat with x kg of another. If the cost per kg of the two varieties are in the ratio 3 : 2, the ratio of the selling price of the blended wheat per kg to that of the cost price of the superior variety of wheat per kg is 1 : 1 and Raman makes an overall profit of 25%, what is the value of x?
62. Rs 25000 was invested at a particular rate of simple interest for a period of 5 years. If the interest earned at the end of the term was Rs 7500, what was the rate of interest per annum?
63. Rashmi can either walk at a speed of 5 km/h or cycle at a speed of 10 km/h. To cover a distance of 70 km, Rashmi takes 10 hours. How much of the distance, in kilometers, did Rashmi cover on foot?
(a) 25 km
(b) 35 km
(c) 10 km
(d) 30 km
64. A cricketer was averaging 49 runs after 9 innings. How many runs does the need to score in her 10th innings to take the average to 52?
65. Which of the following is not a perfect square?
66. 0.4 of a number equals 0.75 of another. If the two numbers add up to 690, the greater of the two numbers is
67. Find 24% of 75.
68. The distance of the foot of a 20 m high tower from a point on the ground is 20√3 m. What is the angle of elevation of the top of the tower from this point?
69. Ram can complete a job alone in 36 days while Sunil takes 45 days to do it alone. How many days will it take the due to complete half of the job if they work together?
(a) 10 days
(b) 9 days
(c) 12 days
(d) 20 days
70. Varun invested a certain sum of money at x% per annum at simple interest for 50 years. At the end of 50 years. Varun got back 4 times his original investment. What is the value of x?
71. The difference in the lengths of the shadows of a pole cast by the Sun (at two different times of the day) when the angles of elevation of the top of the pole measured from two points on the ground on the same side of the pole were 60° and 30° was given as How tall was the pole?
(a) 10√3 m
(c) 10 m
72. Surabhi sold 80 kg of wheat. She sold the first 20 kg at a profit of 20%, but the rest at a loss of 10%. What was her overall profit or loss percentage?
(a) 10% profit
(b) 2.5% less
(c) 5% loss
(d) 2.5 profit
73. A sum of money became Rs 2700 in two years. If the simple interest offered per annum was 2% more, the amount would have become Rs 2800 during the same period. Find the original sum and the rate of simple interest offered every year.
(a) Rs 5000; 2%
(b) Rs 2500; 4%
(c) Rs 2500; 8%
(d) Rs 5000; 4%
74. The average of the marks obtained by some girls in a test was twice the average of the marks obtained by some boys in that test. If there were 11 candidates in all and the average score of the boys was 12 and the total marks obtained by all the examines was 168, find the number of girls taking the test.
75. Jagbir blended 8 kg of one type of jaggery with 12 kg of another. He sold each kg of the blended Jaggery, at a price 50% higher than the cost price of the first type of jaggery per kg and made an overall profit of 25%. What is the ratio of the cost prices of the first and the second types, of jaggery?
(a) 2 : 1
(b) 1 : 2
(c) 3 : 4
(d) 2 : 3
76. Two trains, one 160 m long and the second x m long were travelling in the same direction on parallel tracks.. The 160 m long train came from behind at a speed of 76 km/h and overtook the x m long train travelling at a speed of 70 km/h. for 3 minutes, at least some parts of the two trains overlapped. What is the value of x?
(a) 130 m
(b) 144 m
(c) 150 m
(d) 140 m
77. A, B and C can respectively complete a task alone in 26, 39 and 52 days. The trio started working together, but A and B both left 13 days before the task got over. For how m any days did the three work together?
78. The numerator of the fraction 4/5 is increased by 2 while its denominator is reduced by 2. What would be the percentage increase in the new fraction over the original fraction?
79. A bag contains red, blue and black balls. The ratio of red to blue balls is 3 : 5. The ratio of black of red balls is 3 : 4. The minimum number of balls in the bag is
80. Arya bought two trousers from the wholesale market and paid Rs 900 in all for the same. While he could sell the first one at a profit of 12%. to clear stocks he had to sell the second at a loss of 15%. thus neither making a profit nor a loss on the whole. What was the cost price of the second pair of trousers?
(a) Rs 400
(b) Rs 450
(c) Rs 550
(d) Rs 500
81. Which of the following schedulers selects among the processes that are ready to execute?
82. Which of the following shortcut keys is used to move to the previous worksheet in Microsoft Excel?
(a) Ctrl + Backspace
(b) Ctrl + PgDn
(c) Ctrl + PgUp
(d) Ctrl + G
83. Which of the following is an example of system software?
(b) Database Management System
(c) Word Processor
84. During the memory allocation process, allocating the smallest hole that is big enough for the process is called
85. Which of the following is a signal informing a program that an event has occurred?
(c) Interrupt handler
86. The mouse was invented by …….. in 1963.
(a) Denies Ritchie
(b) Douglas Engelbart
(c) Bjarne Stroustrup
(d) Charles Babbage
87. Which shortcut key is used for justifying the text of a Microsoft Word document’?
(a) Ctrl + R
(b) Ctrl + J
(c) Ctrl + I
(d) Ctrl + S
88. Which of the following algebraic functions represents the NAND gate?
(a) F = (xy)
(b) F = (x + y)’
(c) F = x + y
(d) F = xy
89. How many address bits are required for a RAM with a capacity of 128 words of 8 bit each?
90. Which of the following prompts for a title and information about the presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint?
(a) Auto content wizard
(b) Blank presentation
(c) Open an existing presentation
(d) Design template
91. A file access method which allows programs to read and write records rapidly in no particular order is called
(a) Sequential access
(b) Random access
(c) Rapid access
(d) Logical access
92. The number of address input lines in a 512X4 ROM circuit is
93. The systems in which the CPU executes multiple jobs by switching among them, but the switches occur so frequently that the users can interact with each program while it is running are called
(a) Desktop systems
(b) Time-sharing system
(c) Distributed system
(d) Multiprocessing systems
94. Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) devices sense the input based on.
(a) handwritten document
(b) presence or absence of a mark such as a pencil mark
(c) printed magnetic ink
(d) text present on paper
95. The contiguous file allocation method suffers from
(b) external fragmentation
(d) internal fragmentation
96. The characteristic of a computer which specifies constant and earnest in effort and application is called
97. What will the formula = sumn(D1 : D7) incell D8 of a Microsoft Excel worksheet result in if the cells from D1 to D6 contain the values 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6?
98. Which of the following tool is used to convert hand-drawn images into a format suitable for computer processing?
(a) Joy stick
(c) Light pen
(d) Card reader
99. A ROM consists of n input lines and m output lines and each bit combination of the input variables called a/an
100. Which of the following options of Microsoft Word is used to apply the same formatting to the selected text repeatedly?
(d) Format painter
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: