LIC Apprentice Development Officers Examination
Held on 19-7-2015
1. Based on research published by the World Economic Forum (WEF), which of the following is the biggest exporter ?
(C) India Post
(E) Indian Railways
2. Indigo’s parent company has tied for $ 400 mn IPO. Name Indigo’s parent company-
(A) Wada Group
(B) Talwinds Ltd.
(C) Air Asia Aviation
(D) National Aviation Company of India Limited
(E) Inter Globe Enterprises
3. Name the grandmaster and former World Junior Champion who won commonwealth Chess Championship in 2015?
(A) Gawain Jones
(B) Deep Sengupta
(C) Abhijeet Gupta
(D) Arghyadip Das
(E) Babu M. R. Lalith
4. The number of Bharat Ratna recipients till date are-
(B) other than those given as options
5. Shri Lal Thanhawla is the Chief Minister of-
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
6. Who is hosting 2018 FIFA World Cup ?
7. Iron are is found mainly in which of the following states ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(C) West Bengal
8. Who among the following was awarded the UNESCO Press Freedom Prize on May3, 2015 in Latvia ?
(A) Mazen Darwish
(B) Hani Zaitani
(C) Freddie Gray
(D) Hussein Ghreir
(E) None of these
9. Who among the following won the Encore Literary Award for his/her work ‘The Lives of Others’ on May 12, 2015?
(A) Neel Mukherjee
(B) Will Wiles
(C) None of these
(D) D.K. Davies
(E) Amanda Coe
10. As per the data released by the World Bank on July 1, 2015 India’s GDP crossed the ………….. , mark in 2014.
(A) $ 3 trillion
(B) $ 5 trillion
(C) $ 6 trillion
(D) $ 2 trillion
(E) $ 3 trillion
11. Which of the following is the currency of ‘Republic of Israel’?
12. Madras Atomic Power Station is located at-
13. Central Govt. has allocated Rs 200 crores for 3 years to set up an online National Agriculture Market by integrating-
(A) Other than those given as options
(B) Indian farmers with international farmers
(C) Wholesale markets across India
(D) Retail shops of major cities
(E) Indian agriculture markets with international
14. Who amongst the following is not a member of SAARC ?
(D) Sri Lanka
15. The International Day for Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed on-
(A) 20th February
(B) 20th March
(C) 25th May
(D) 21st February
(E) 21st March
16. The Oscar award for best picture in 2015 was awarded to-
(A) The limitation Game
(C) American Sniper
(D) Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue ignorance)
(E) The Theory of Everything
17. Who among the following got Nobel Prize for Peace ‘for struggle against the suppression of children and for the right of all children to education in 2014 ?
(A) Mother Teresa
(B) Abdos Salam
(C) Kailash Sathyarthi
(D) Dalai Lama
(E) Amartya Sen
18. Who among the following is the present president of International Cricket Committee (ICC) ?
(A) Thomas Bach
(B) Takehiko Nakao
(C) Donald Tusk
(D) Jaques Rogge
(E) Lee Luong Minh
19. The headquarters of International Monetary Fund (IMF) is in-
(B) Washington D. C.
(D) New York
20. Which of the following dance forms cannot be called a classical dance ?
21. World Health Organization (WHO) is headquartered in-
(A) New York, USA
(B) Geneva, Switzerland
(C) Vienna, Austria
(D) Washington DC, USA
(E) None of these
22. Which of the following represent ‘S’ in ‘BIMSTEC’ a forum of economic cooperation ?
(A) Sri Lanka
(E) None of these
23. What does NREGA stand for in MGNREGA ?
(A) National Rare Events Grant Act
(B) National Regional Employment Generation Act
(C) National Rural Employment Generation Act
(D) National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
(E) National Regional Employee Generation Act
24. The ‘World Population Prospects : The 2015’ report, which says that India will overtake China to become the most populous nation in the world by 2022; has been released by-
(A) World Health Organization (WHO)
(B) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
(C) International Labour Organization (ILO)
(D) United Nations Organization (UNO)
25. Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) was instituted by which ministry ?
(A) Rural Development Ministry
(B) Economic Affairs Ministry
(C) Human Resources Ministry
(D) Ministry of Women and Child Development
(E) Ministry of Health and Family Affair
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: