Madhya Pradesh P.S.C. State/Forest Services (Pre.) Exam, 2017
(Held on 12-2-2017)
1. Who is the inventor of www?
(A) Bill Gates
(B) Tim Berners-Lee
(C) Timothy Bil
(D) Ray Tomlinson
2. A batsman hits a cricket ball which then rolls on a level ground. After covering a short distance, the balls comes to rest. The ball slows to a stop because-
(A) the batsman did not hit the ball hard enough
(B) velocity is proportional to the force exerted on the ball
(C) there is a force on the ball opposing the motion
(D) there is no unbalanced force on the ball, so the ball would try to come to rest
3. Which of the following rulers got the Jantar Mahal of Mandu constructed?
(A) Mahmud Shah Khilji
(B) Alauddin Khilji
(C) Bhoj Parmar
(D) Hoshang Shah
4. Ain-ul-Mulk Multani did not serve under which of the following rulers?
(A) Alauddinn Khilji
(B) Muhammad bin Tughlaq
(C) Frioz Tughlaq
5. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) The President of Switzerland – Johann Schneider Ammann
(B) The President of Mexico − Enrique Pena Nieto
(C) The President of Namibia Hage Geingob
(D) The President of Coted’ Ivoire – Angela Merkel
6. Which one of the following mountain ranges is spread over only one State in India?
7. The tenure of the Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission is-
(A) 3 years
(B) 4 years
(C) 5 years
(D) 6 years
8. Who among the following was the first leader to organize labour movement in India?
(A) B.P. Walia
(B) Lala Lajpat Rai
(C) N.M. Lokhande
(D) N.G. Ranga
9. Joe Root is associated with which game?
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi met Jacob Zuma in July 2016, who is the-
(A) President of Namibia
(B) President of Qatar
(C) President of Mexico
(D) President of South Africa
11. In which year was the Mohun Bagan Club of football founded?
12. In which of the following countries did a woman become the President for the first time in May 2016?
13. Who won the Men’s Singles Title of French Open, 2016?
(A) Ivan Dodig
(B) Novak Djokovic
(C) Andy Murray
(D) Roger Federer
14. Manohar Aich was called ‘Pocket Hercules’. He was a/an-
15. What are ‘Ranjit Sub-1’ and ‘Bahadur Sub-1’?
(A) Two fighter planes
(B) Two submarines
(C) Two new varieties of paddy
(D) Two new varieties of wheat
16. In May 2016, Rodrigo Duterte was elected the President of which country?
17. Who administered the oath of the Chief Minister of West Bengal to Mamata Banerjee on 27 May, 2016?
(A) Ram Naik
(B) Keshari Nath Tripathi
(C) T. S. Thakur
(D) P. Sathasivam
18. The first Indian State to start State Data Centre (SDC) is-
(D) Himachal Pradesh
19. In which of the following States, did Bharatiya Janata Party form Government for the first time in 2016?
20. Bhawani Prasad Mishra’s birth place was-
21. Sunil Lanba is-
(A) the author of the novel, Masiha
(B) a famous Hindi novelist
(C) the 23rd Naval Chief of India
(D) the Director General of Border Security Force
22. Who among the following was elected as the Chairman of world’s biggest commercial organization ‘the International Chamber of Commerce’ in June 2016?
(A) Mukesh Ambani
(B) Adi Godrej
(C) Lakshmi Narain Mittal
(D) Sunil Bharti Mittal
23. When was the State Bank of India established?
24. In which most was the former Police Commissioner of Delhi, B.S. Bassi appointed in May 2016?
(A) The Chairman of Union Public Service Commission
(B) The Governor of Meghalaya
(C) The Director General of Border Security Force
(D) The Member of Union Public Service Commission
25. Sound waves travel fastest in-
26. In human eyes the image of an object is formed on-
27. The kidneys in human beings are a part of system for-
28. Which of the following diseases is caused by protozoa?
29. Transfer of heat by convection can take place in-
(A) solids and liquids
(B) solids and vacuum
(C) gases and liquids
(D) vacuum and gases
30. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Vitamin A – Maculan
(B) Vitamin B – Maculan
(C) Vitamiin C – James Lind
(D) Vitamin D – Paul Muller
31. The power of a lens is measured in-
32. Which of the following is also used as a lubricant?
33. The ‘laughing’ is-
(A) hydrogen peroxide
(B) nitrous oxide
(C) carbon monoxide
(D) sulphur dioxide
34. Lightening can even burn a tree because it contains tremendous amount of-
(A) heat energy
(B) electric energy
(C) chemical energy
(D) nuclear energy
35. Eight-year-old Tajamul Islam of J&K is related to which game?
36. Who among the following was a Hockey player of Madhya Pradesh?
(A) Sameer Dad
(B) Kirti Patel
(C) Michael Nath
(D) Amit Banerjee
37. The tradition of which game started with the setting up of the Parsee Club?
(D) Table Tennis
38. Where is Roop Singh Stadium located?
39. With which game is Amitabh Vijayvargiya associated?
(D) None of the above
40. What was the name of the Cricket World Cup played in 1987?
(A) Reliance Cup
(B) Benson and Hedges Cup
(C) Wills Cup
(D) None of the above
41. In which year was Sachin Tendulkar given the Arjuna Award?
42. In which year were the Common-wealth Games started?
43. Which of the following countries has never been a winner in the T-20 Cricket World Cup (Men)?
44. In which of the following years were Olympics not held in London?
45. The service of the Internet provides ‘audio’ and ‘video’ conversation, is called-
(C) video conferencing
(D) video chat
46. Which of the following is not a Webb browser?
(B) Google Apps
(D) Mozilla Firefox
47. In the context of computer security, crackers are also known as-
(A) black hat hackers
(B) white hat hackers
(C) elite hackers
(D) script kiddie
48. DuckDuckGo is a-
(A) search engine
(B) Webb browser
(D) news Web site
49. Ethernet is an example of-
50. A modem converts-
(A) analog signals into digital signals
(B) digital signals into along signals
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) None of the above
51. Which of the following Acts introduced the ‘Principle of Constitutional Autocracy’
(A) The Indian Councils Act of 1909
(B) The Government of India Act of 1919
(C) The Government of India Act of 1935
(D) The Indian Independence Act of 1947
52. Which of the following countries did President Pranab Mukherjee visit in May 2016?
53. Sania Mirza’s mixed doubles partner Ivan Dodig is from which country?
54. What is the name of that book Suhel Seth which was released in London in June 2016?
(A) Mantras for Success
(B) Dark Horse
(C) Wings of Fire
55. What was the name of the sculpture stolen from the Khajuraho Temple which was handed over by the Prime Minister of Canada to the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
(A) Golden Parrot
(B) Singing Parrot
(C) Talkative Parrot
(D) Parrot Lady
56. Which one of the following books is not written by Kalidasa?
57. Where is the oldest music college of Madhya Pradesh, ‘Madhav Sangeet College’ located?
58. A ‘closed economy’ is an economy in which-
(A) the money supply is fully controlled
(B) deficit financing takes place
(C) only exports take place
(D) neither exports nor imports take place
59. The period of the 12th Five-Year Plan is-
60. ‘India Vision 2020’ is prepared by-
(A) S.P. Gupta Committee
(B) Panth Committee
(C) Malhotra Committee
(D) Narasimham Committee
61. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) First World Climate Conference – 1979
(B) First Earth Summit – Agenda 21
(C) Earth Summit + 5 – 1997
(D) Carbon Trading – Montreal Protocol
62. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to ‘International Monetary Fund’?
(A) It can grant loans to any country
(B) It can grant loans to only developed countries
(C) It grants loans to member countries only
(D) It grants loans to the Central Bank of country
63. Who was declared ‘Man of the Series’ in the India-Zimbabwe One Day Cricket Series in 2016?
(A) Jasprit Bumarh
(B) Virat Kohli
(C) Ajinkya Rahane
(D) K. L. Rahul
64. The final match of IPL-9 (2016) was played in the stadium of which State?
(D) West Bengal
65. Who was the author of the book, Rashmirekha?
(A) Gajanan Madhav ‘Muktibodh’
(B) Bal Krishna Sharma ‘Naveen’
(C) Harishankar Parsai
(D) Bhawani Prasad Mishra
66. In which district of Madhya Pradesh was Chandrashekhar Azad born?
67. Who among the following was not a king of the Parmar dynasty?
68. Dhangdev was the ruler of which dynasty?
(A) Chandelas of Jejakabhukti
(B) Parmar of Malwa
(C) Kalchuri of Mahishmati
(D) Kalchuri of Tripuri
69. At which of the following places was Habib Tanvir born?
70. Under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, in which Section is there a provision for the arrangement of a Special Court?
71. In how many days will the investigating officer submit his report for the offences committed under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities)Act, 1989?
72. Which one of the following Brahmana texts belongs to the Rigveda?
(A) Aitareya Brahmana
(B) Gopatha Brahmana
(C) Shatapatha Brahmana
(D) Taittiriya Brahmana
73. The ‘Goods and Services Tax’ was proposed by a task force, whose President was-
(A) Vijaya Kelkar
(B) Montek Singh Ahluwalia
(C) Arun Jaitley
74. When were the Fundamental Duties included in the Constitution?
(A) At the time of framing of Constitution
(B) On 26th January, 1950
(C) In the 42nd Constitutional Amendment
(D) In the 41st Constitutional Amendment
75. The States and the Central Government derive power from-
(A) the Constitution of India
(B) the President of India
(C) the Prime Minister of India
(D) the Parliament of India
76. Which of the following may be considered a Pressure Group?
(A) Members of the Lok Sabha
(B) Members of a Panchayat
(C) Members of the Cabinet
(D) Members of a Trade Union
77. Ghazi Malik was the founder of which dynasty?
78. Who is called the ‘Father of Indian Archaeology’?
(A) Alexander Cunningham
(B) John Marshall
(C) Mortimer Wheeler
(D) James Prinsep
79. Who adorned Ram Mohan Roy with the title of ‘Raja’?
(B) Robert Clive
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Mughal Emperor Akbar II
80. The Act of 1909 was associated with-
(A) introduction of separate electorate
(D) legislative councils
81. Whom had Muhammad Ghori defeated in 1194 in the Battle of Chandawar?
(D) Bhim II
82. Which dynasty of Delhi Sultanate ruled for the shortest period?
83. An important event of Lord Dufferin’s tenure is Viceroy was-
(A) establishment of Ramakrishna Mission
(B) establishment of Muslim League in Dhaka
(C) establishment of Indian League in Dhaka
(D) beginning of the first Census
84. Who among the following was the youngest person to become the ‘President of the Indian National Congress?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Abul Kalam Azad
(C) Ananda Mohan Bose
(D) Bhupendra Nath Bose
85. From which year was regular and scientific Census started in India?
86. Who among the following had not participated in the Second Round Table Conference?
(A) Mahadev Desai
(B) Pyarelal Nayyar
(C) Madan Mohan Malaviya
(D) Jawaharlal Nehru
87. Which of the following countries does not form border with the Caspian Sea?
88. What is Kayal?
(A) Terai Plain
(B) Ganges Delta
(C) Regur of Deccan Plateau
(D) Lagoon of Kerala
89. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Canyon – River
(B) Zeugen – Wind
(C) Inselberg – Glacier
(D) Moraine – Glacier
90. Stromboli is a/an-
(A) dormant volcano
(B) active volcano
(C) extinct volcano
(D) None of the above
91. In which year was the Water Pollution Prevention and Control Act enforced?
(D) None of the above
92. According to 2011 Census, the density of population in India was-
93. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Lipulekh – Uttarakhand
(B) Nethu La – Arunachal Pradesh
(C) Rohtang – Himachal Pradesh
(D) Palghat – Kerala
94. Peneplain is related to-
(B) underground water
95. Which of the following regions is the original habitat of the ‘Toda Tribe’?
(A) Jaunsar Hills
(B) Garo Hills
(C) Nilgiri Hills
(D) Jaintia Hills
96. Where is Ras Tanura Oil Refinery located?
(B) United States of America
(C) Saudi Arabia
97. What is the botanical name of opium?
(A) Emblica officinalis
(B) Papaver somniferum
(C) Rauwolfia serpentina
98. Smallpox was declared eradicated from the world in-
99. A bacteriophage is a-
(A) bacterium with a tail
(B) newly formed bacterium
(C) bacterium infecting virus
(D) virus infecting bacterium
100. To study meiosis in plants, the best part would be-
(A) shoot apex
(B) root apex
(D) leaf cells
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: