Madhya Pradesh Patwari Recruitment Examination Held on January 10, 2018
Part A General Knowledge
1. From a geological viewpoint, which is the oldest terrain of Madhya Pradesh?
(a) Gondwana land
(b) Deccan plateau
(c) Bundelkhand region
(d) Eastern terrian
2. The Madhya Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation was founded in
3. Where is the Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy-a training institution for officers of the Indian Forest Service located?
4. How many chapters or sections are there in the Bhagavad Gita?
5. Where exactly is the ancient town of Bagh?
(a) Near Gwalior
(b) Near Indore
(c) Near Bhopal
(d) Near Ujjain
6. ‘Global Family Day’ is celebrated on ……. of every year.
(a) January 1
(c) January 25
(d) January 6
7. Which community has sought refuge in India after fleeing widespread persecutions in Myanmar?
8. Who is the first and only Indian to compete in six Olympic Games?
(a) PT Usha
(b) Leander Paes
(c) Saina Nehwal
(d) Mikha Singh
9. In which year was Indian National Army (INA) Founded?
10. Which of the following is the largest fort in India?
(a) Chittorgarh Fort
(b) Golkonda Fort
(c) Agra Fort
(d) Aguada Fort
11. Vishal Sikka was in the news recently as he
(a) resigned from the post of CEO & MD of Infosys
(b) resigned as Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog
(c) joined WIPRO as MD and CEO
(d) took over as Chairman of Tata Group
12. Who among the following is not a recipient of the Bharatiya Jnanpith Award?
(a) Suryakanth Tripathi Nirala
(b) G Shankara Kurup
(c) Ashapoorna Devi
(d) K. Shivram Karnath
13. The most important river island in Madhya Pradesh is :
14. Which one of the following cities is known as ‘City of Lakes’ in Madhya Pradesh?
15. What is Karvala in Shivpuri?
(a) Eco tourism centre
(b) Archaeological centre
(c) Rock paintings
(d) Muslik Art centre
16. Name the famous fort which is also known as Badal Mahal.
(a) Rahatgarh Fort
(b) Sanodha Fort
(c) Raheli Fort
(d) Karrapur Fort
17. Barahsingha, the State animal of Madhya Pradesh, is found in the
(a) Pench National Park
(b) Kanha National Park
(c) Ken Wildlife Sanctuary
(d) Bandhavgarh National Park
18. The comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) is appointed by the
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Lok Sabha
(d) Supreme Court
19. The famous Shakti Peeth in Datia is at
20. The founder of Chanderi, Raja Kirtipal, belonged of the ………. Dynasty.
Part B General Maths & General Aptitude
21. The difference in the ages of a father and son is 24 years now. If 5 years ago father’s age was 3 times the age of son, then what is the son’s age now?
22. If 3x4 – 12x2 + 18 = 0, then (x2 – 2)2 is equal to
23. The value of 95 × 3(−4) × 273 is
24. If then the value of x is :
25. How many litres of water will a vessel of length 20 cm, breadth 15 cm, and height 10 cm, contain?
(a) 3 L
(b) 4 L
(c) 5 L
(d) 1 L
26. (2x + 1) (3x + 4) + (1 – 2x) (3x + 4) = ?
(a) 6x – 8
(b) 6x + 8
(d) 8 – 6x
27. What is the square of 0.5?
28. Find the average.
18, 56, 43, 26, 32
29. Teacher asks each student in her class to draw a rectangle with integer side lengths and a perimeter of 50 cm. All the students calculate the area of the rectangle they draw. What is the difference between the largest and smallest possible areas of the rectangles?
30. A boy goes to school with a speed of 2 km/h and returns with a speed of 3 km/h. if he takes 2 hours and 30 minutes to go to school and return, then what is the distance between his school and home?
(a) 6 km
(b) 5 km
(c) 4 km
(d) 3 km
31. Find the minimum number of straight lines required to make the given figure.
32. A train 300 m long passes a pole in 45 seconds. The time taken by the train to cross a 700 m long bridge is
(a) 1 min 45 sec
(b) 2 min
(c) 2 min 15 sec
(d) 2 min 30 sec
33. The difference between a number of two-digit and the number obtained by interchanging its 63. What is the difference between its digits?
34. Shyama prepares the model of a shopping complex using cardboard, in 4 days, working 6 hours per day at a stretch. But if she decided to finish it in 3 days, then how many more hours per day should she work?
(a) 2 h
(b) 4 h
(c) 6 h
(d) 8 h
35. If 10% of x is equal to 20% of y, then x : y is equal to
(a) 1 : 2
(b) 2 : 1
(c) 1 : 5
(d) 3 : 1
36. Which one of the following prime numbers while dividing 2176 leaves 9 as a remainder?
37. If 3x + 2 = 243, then what is the value of x ?
38. The HCF of 384, 432 and 1200 is
39. 198 × 198 + 2012 + 2 × 198 × 201 = ?
(d) None of these
40. Three persons, A, B and C invested Rs 3000, Rs 5000 and Rs 7000, respectively, to start a business. At the end of the year the profit is Rs 100000, out of which 25% goes for charity. By how much is B’s share greater than A’s share?
(a) Rs 20000
(b) Rs 10000
(c) Rs 5000
(d) None of these
Part C General Hindi
Part D Rural Economy and Panchayati Raj
61. Who appoints the Secretary of the Gram Panchayat?
(a) Gram Sabha
(b) Gram Panchayat
(c) State government
(d) Block Panchayat
62. Name the dairy in Harda district of Madhya Pradesh that is involved in training and milk procurement in large scale?
63. Where is Bankers Institute of Rural Development (BIRD) located?
64. Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana was introduced in 2000 by then Prime Minister
(a) Manmohan Singh
(b) IK Gujral
(c) Deve Gowda
(d) Atal Behari Vajpayee
65. What is the regulatory system adopted in PKVY to promote organic farming called?
(a) Participatory Guarantee System (PGS Certification)
(b) Organic Farming Group System
(c) Participatory Group System Certification
(d) Organic Participatory System
66. Which day has been declared as ‘Balika Diwas (Girl Day)’ By the Ministry of Women and Children Development?
(a) April 5, every year
(b) July 9, every year
(c) October 9, every year
(d) January 24, every year
67. Which of the following is not a technique in organic farming?
(a) Crop rotation
(b) Green manure composting
(c) use of chemical fertilizers
(d) Biological pest control
68. Social Audit Committee should be constituted at the level of
(a) Zilla Panchayath
(b) Janpad Panchayath
(c) Gram Panchayath
69. Who is the secretary of Gram Panchayat?
70. What is the objective of ISOPAM scheme?
(a) Increase production of oilseeds and maize
(b) Providing mid day meals at schools
(c) Providing free health care to rural people
(d) Increase production of poultry
71. Which one of the following crops in Madhya Pradesh is not a Kharif crop?
72. Which one of the following is a record of land cultivation?
73. Name the viceroy who is known as Father of local self government in India.
(a) Lord Dalhousie
(b) Lord Mountbatten
(c) Lord Cornwallis
(d) Lord Ripon
74. Which of the following is known as ‘SAANJHI’?
(a) Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
(b) Swarna Jayanthi Gramin Rozgar Yojana
(c) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
(d) Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
75. What is GeoMGNREGA?
(a) Geo-tagging of assets created under MGNREGA
(b) Wishing long life to MGNREGA scheme
(c) Numbering done as per geology
(d) Tagging done by Reliance Company
76. Who should be the head of social Audit team of the Panchayat under MNREGS?
(a) A person from outside the ward where work is conducted
(b) Panchayat President
(c) Senior most person in the village
(d) Secretary of the Panchayat
77. The first official attempt to calculate National Income of India in 1949 was made by National Income Committee that was headed by
(a) Dadabhai Naoroji
(b) PC Mahalanobis
(c) VKRV Rao
(d) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
78. As per NSSO, in 2011-12, the share of Agriculture in employment at the national level was approximately ……….. percentage
79. The 12th Five Year Plan targeted an average annual growth of ……….% in agriculture.
80. The government of India announced the first ever National Agricultural Policy in the year
Part E Computer Knowledge
81. One byte is equal to ……… bits.
82. Macros in MS Excel 2007 can be executed from which of the following menu?
83. A computer program that has the ability to copy itself from computer-to-computer and infect the machines is called
(a) Anti Virus
(b) Macro Virus
(c) Trojan Horse
84. Which of the following file format notepad cannot open?
85. The default file extension of MS Excel is
86. Where you will add the new e-mail id in your G-main account?
(d) Sent mail
87. Which of the following is a wired type of internet connectivity?
(a) Cable Internet Access
(b) 3G or 4G
88. Which of the following is directly addressed by the CPU?
(a) Alternative memory b.
(b) Secondary memory
(c) Main memory
(d) Auxiliary memory
89. Which of the following option is not available in Paste Special dialog box in MS Excel 2007?
90. How can you apply exactly the same formatting you did to another text in MS World 2007?
(a) Copy the text and paste in new location. Then type the new text again.
(b) Copy the text and click on Paste Special tool on new place.
(c) Select the text then click on Format Painter and select the new test.
(d) None of the above
91. A web address is also called as
92. Exabyte (EB) is equivalent to :
93. A web site’s front page is called
(a) Home page
(b) Main page
(c) Web page
(d) Any page
94. A …………. identifies a location or a selection of text that you name and identify for future reference.
(a) Page Number
95. A device that is used for making drawings, graphics and for menu selection is known as
(c) Touch screen
(d) Light Pen
96. Which of the following is used as a primary storage device?
(a) Magnetic drum
(c) Floppy disk
(d) All of these
97. How to view a cell comment in MS Excel?
(a) Click the edit comment command on the insert menu
(b) Click the display comment command on the window menu
(c) Position the mouse pointer over the cell
(d) Click the comment command on the vie menu
98. ‘Winword.exe’ is responsible to start
(a) MS Word
(b) MS Excel
(c) MS Power Point
(d) MS Access
99. The full form of TIFF is
(a) Tool Information File Formula
(b) Tagging Indian File Format
(c) Tagging Image For File
(d) Tagged Image File Format
100. What is the name of the drive where the primary operating systems reside?
(a) C Drive
(b) A Drive
(c) H Drive
(d) E Drive
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: