National Insurance Company Ltd. Administrative Officers Examination Held on 12-4-2015
1. Mohammad Nasheed who was arrested recently, is the former President of which country ?
2. Which IT firm has been ranked as Top Employer in Europe ?
(B) Tata Consultancy Services
3. The country, which set up two commissions on February 10, to investigate human rights abuses and disappearances during nation’s decade long civil war-
4. In ‘SIFI’, ‘S’ stands for-
5. Air India headquarters located at-
(D) New Delhi
6. As per the World Bank’s Index of Ease of Doing Business 2014 India was ranked-
7. How many Bank Accounts were opened under “Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana” on its inaugural day ?
(A) 2.00 crores
(B) 1.25 crores
(C) 1.50 crores
(D) 1.00 crores
(E) None of these
8. What is the operational range of Shaheen III?
(A) 2750 km
(B) 2500 km
(C) 2250 km
(D) 3000 km
(E) 3150 km
9. Ganga Talao is a crater lake situated in a secluded mountain area in the district of Savanne, deep in the heart of-
10. Which one of the following rivers of India is called ‘biological desert’ ?
11. Researchers of which country have developed a candidate vaccine to protect against the deadly Ebola virus which will soon undergo human clinical trials in Africa ?
12. Which of the following authorities is approached for insurance related complaints ?
(A) Governing Body of Insurance Council (GBIC)
(B) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA)
(C) Insurance Ombudsman
(D) National Insurance Corporation Limited (NICL)
(E) United India Insurance Corporation (UIIC)
13. Which of the following states is the winner of the recently held Ranji Trophy 2014-15?
(A) Tamil Nadu
14. The currency of Belgium is-
(A) Belgian Franc
15. Parliament has passed Insurance Laws (amendment) Bill, 2015 in Rajya Sabha on-
(A) 12 January, 2015
(B) 12 February 2015
(C) 10 February, 2015
(D) 10 March, 2015
(E) 12 March, 2015
16. On March 8, which of the following days is celebrated ?
(A) Army Day
(B) Women’s Day
(C) Labour Day
(D) AIDS Day
(E) Navy Day
17. Kidambi Srikanth is associated with which of the following sports ?
(D) Lawn Tennis
18. According to the Insurance Amendment Bill 2015, a health insurance company is required to maintain an equity capital sum of how much ?
(A) Rs 25 crores
(B) Rs 22 crores
(C) Rs 30 crores
(D) Rs 25 crores
(E) Rs 100 crores
19. According to the census 2011, what is the literacy rate in India ?
20. National Insurance Academy (NIA) is situated at-
(B) New Delhi
21. Which of the following countries has Copenhagen as its capital ?
22. ‘The Substance and Shadow’ is an autobiography of which of the following eminent personality ?
(A) R. K. Laxman
(B) Dilip Kumar
(C) Amitabh Bachchan
(D) Lata Mangeshkar
(E) Hema Malini
23. What is the maximum age limit to open Sukanya Samridhi Account ?
(A) 10 years
(B) 12 years
(C) 15 years
(D) 5 years
(E) 8 years
24. World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) head- quarters are located at-
(A) New York, USA
(B) Geneva, Switzerland
(C) Paris, France
(D) Vienna, Austria
(E) Berlin, Germany
25. Match 10, 2015 is the foundation day of which organization ?
(A) IIT Bombay
(B) Life Insurance Corporation of India
(D) Public Health Foundation of India
(E) Andhra Pradesh Foundation Day
26. The tennis legend who brought up his 1000th victory at tour level on January 11, 2015 in Brisbane, Australia, is-
(A) David Ferrer
(B) Roger Federer
(C) Stanislas Wawrinka
(D) Rafael Nadal
(E) Novak Djokovic
27. Maximum shares in NICL is held by-
(A) Scheduled Commercial Banks
(B) Reserve Bank of India
(C) Government of India
(E) Both (B) and (D)
28. The Union Budget 2015-16 announced additional surcharge for the super rich with income of over Rs 1 crore. At what rate will this surcharge be charged ?
29. With reference to which sector of Indian economy did the Economic Survey say that it is suffering from “double financial representation” ?
(A) Services sector
(B) Infrastructure sector
(C) Banking sector
(D) Only (A), (B) and (C)
(E) Insurance sector
30. Which of the following is the winner of the best picture for Oscar Awards 2015?
(A) The Theory of Everything
(B) The Grand Budapest Hotel
31. As per the Income Tax Regulations, E-ring of the income tax returns is mandatory for individuals, including salaried tax payers, earning more than ………. taxable income during the financial
(A) Rs 10.00 lakhs
(B) Rs 7.50 lakhs
(C) Rs 2 lakhs
(D) Rs 5 lakhs
(E) None of these
32. The full form of NBFC is-
(A) Non-Banking Foreign Company
(B) Non-Business Foreign Company
(C) New-Business Financial Corporation
(D) New-Business Finance Company
(E) Non-Banking Financial Company
33. In which of the following countries, the next SAARC summit will be held ?
(D) Sri Lanka
34. In insurance sector,, FDI is raised from 26% to-
35. Which of the following firm has the highest revenue ?
(A) Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
(B) Bharat Petroleum
(C) Hindustan Petroleum
(D) Reliance Industries
(E) State Bank of India
36. Ranthambore National Park is situated in which of the following states ?
37. Which amongst the following is not an insurance company functioning in India ?
(A) ICICI prudential
(B) ING Vysya
(C) National Securities Depsitory Limited
(D) New India Insurance Company
(E) None of these
38. Which of the following is not related to the insurance sector ?
(C) Misuse Alert
(E) Life Insurance
39. Which of the following types of companies/ organizations issue ULIP ?
(A) Insurance companies
40. ‘Kepler 78b’ is the name given to a recently discovered-
(A) Island in the Arctic ocean
(B) Unidentifying flying object
(C) Planet beyond Solar System
(D) Comet in the Solar System
(E) Particle tested as ‘Positive Boson’
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: