Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)
Senior Teacher (Grade-II) Recruitment Exam-2016
Held On May 12, 2017
Paper-I General Knowledge
1. Which of the following hills are situated in Central Aravalli range?
(a) Merwara Hills
(b) Roja Bhakhar Hills
(c) Israna Bhakhar Hills
(d) Girva Hills
2. Which is not a type of sand dune in Thar desert in Rajasthan?
3. What is the main source of pollution in river Luni?
(a) Printing and Dying Industry
(b) Guar-Gum Industry
(c) Engineering Industry
(d) Handicraft Industry
4. ‘Bhorat Plateau’ is located between
(a) Achalgarh and Taragarh
(b) Gogunda and Bairath
(c) Kumbhalgarh and Gogunda
(d) Jarga and Achalgarh
5. In Rajasthan, winter rain is known as
(a) Kal Biasakhi
(b) Mango showers
6. The boundary of which of the following district does not touch Gujarat?
7. Which one of the following Isohyet is the eastern boundary of ‘Western Sandy Plain’ in Western Rajasthan?
(a) 15 cm
(b) 25 cm
(c) 40 cm
(d) 80 cm
8. According to Desertification and Land Degradation Atlas of India (ISRO-2007)’ the total area under decertification in Rajasthan is
9. Which of the following districts are mostly ravine infested in Rajasthan?
(a) Kota, Sawai Madhopur, Dholpur
(b) Banswara, Dungarpur, Jaisalmer
(c) Bhilwara, Dungarpur, Rajsamand
(d) Ajmer, Bhilwara, Pali
10. Which one of the following is not a correctly match?
(a) Kali Singh – Niwaj
(b) Banas – Sagi
(c) Mahi – Chap
(d) Sabarmati – Wakal
11. Which one of the following rivers of Rajasthan is considered as a ‘Beheaded stream’?
12. Assertion (A) The Chambal is the only perennial river in Rajasthan.
Reason (R) The water of Chambal is used only for irrigation.
(a) Both A and R are true, R is the correct explanation of A.
(b) Both A and R are true, but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true, R is false.
(d) A is false, R is true.
13. Which of the following is a sand-dune free tract region of Rajasthan?
(a) Shergarh – Shiv
(b) Osian – Shergarh
(c) Bayatu – Chohatan
(d) Phalodi – Pokaran
14. In which of the following district of Rajasthan, ‘Banka Patti’ belt is spreading?
15. Which of the following statements about Ahar is not correct?
(a) Excavation of Ahar has thrown light on various phase of human life.
(b) Houses were built on brick foundations.
(c) The super-structures of either clay or mud bricks have all gone.
(d) Aharians mixed quartz nodules and chips in clay to strengthen and beautify the walls and foundations.
16. The excavation at Bairath (Viratnagar) was first done under whose leadership?
(a) Daya Ram Sahani
(b) Dr. NR Banerjee
(c) Dr Bhandarkar
(d) RC Agrawal
17. Which of the following foreign travelers mentioned the military power and prosperity of Gurjar Pratihar dynasty?
(a) Marco Polo
(c) Al Beruni
(d) Abdul Razzak
18. Consider the following statements about Arnoraj :
I. Early in this reign he beat of an attack of the Ghazanavides.
II. He failed to defeat N arvarman of Malwa.
III. He got married to the daughter of Chalukya ruler Jai singh Siddharaja.
IV. He was killed by his own son.
Which of the above statements are correct?
(a) I and IV
(b) I and III
(c) I, II and III
(d) I, III and IV
19. After the conquest of Ranathambhor whom did Alauddin Khilji entrusted the charge of the fort?
(a) Ulugh Khan
(b) Nusrat Khan
(c) Aqat Khan
(d) Umar Khan
20. In which of the following works of Amir Khusrau has described the invasion of Chittor by Alauddin Khlji?
(c) Tughlaq nama
21. Which of the following Rajput Sardar put on Royal insignia of Rana sanga after the later was gravely injured, and continued the battle?
(b) Jhala Ajja
(c) Ramsahai Tanwar
22. Who among the following Rajput Sardars fought on the side of Maharana Pratap in the battle of Haldighati?
I. Ram Singh Tanwar (Ram Saha)
II. Bida Jhala
III. Rawat Krishnadas Chundawat
IV. Ashok Parmer
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) I and II
(b) II and IV
(c) I, II III and IV
(d) I, II and III
23. Who among the following Rajput rulers assumed the title of ‘Vijay Katkatu?
(a) Maharaja Jaswant Singh
(b) Maharana Kumbha
(c) Maharana Sanga
(d) Maharana Raj Singh
24. With which Praja Manal, Pt. Nainnuram was associated?
25. Who founded ‘Samp Sabha’?
(a) Manikya Lal Verma
(b) Jainarayan Vyas
(c) Balwant Singh Mehta
(d) Govind Giri
26. In 1920 which of the following newspapers was published by Vijay Singh Pathik from Wardha?
(a) Naveen Rajasthan
(b) Tarun Rajasthan
(c) Rajasthan Kesari
27. Which of t he following was the first President of the Dungarpur Rajya Praja Mandal?
(a) Gauri Shankar Upadhyaya
(b) Thakkar Bappa
(c) Bhogi Lal Pandya
(d) Manikya Lal Verma
28. Shankar Rao Dev Committee was constituted to ascertain the opinion of the people of Dholpur and Bharatpur about which province-Rajasthan or Uttar Pradesh-they would like to merge in.
How many members were there in committee including chairman?
29. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
Folk Deity Main Centre
(a) Gogaji – Gogamedi
(b) Mallinath – Pichiyak
(c) Pabuji – Kolu
(d) Tejaji – Paravatsar
30. Saint Mavaji is related to
31. Who among the following was the founder of Vishnoi sect?
32. Someshwar temple at Kiradu and Harshatmata temple at Abhaneri are built in which of the following architectural styles?
33. Which of the following forts is not declared as heritage fort by the UNESCO?
34. Gopal, Udai, Hukma, Jiwan were associated with which school of Painting?
(a) Amber-Jauoyr School
(b) Bikaner School
(c) Jodhpur School
(d) Mewar School
35. In which month, Rajasthan’s famous Beneshwar Fair is held?
36. In which month is the procession of Teej taken out in Jaipur?
37. Languria dance are performed at
(a) Srinathji Temple
(b) Kaila Devi Temple
(c) Khatu-Shyamji Temple
(d) Jeenmata Temple
38. Who among the following Rajput rulers authored ‘Neh Tarang’?
(a) Raja Sawant Singh (Nagaridas)
(b) Maharaja Jaswant Singh
(c) Maharaja Rai Singh
(d) Rao Buddh Singh
39. The famous dance of the Bhils of the Southern Rajasthan performed in the form of a drama?
40. Rajasthan Human rights Commission came into being on
(a) October 2, 1990
(b) January 18, 1999
(c) January 26, 1995
(d) December 10, 1998
41. The Governor appoints the chairperson and other members of Rajasthan Human Rights Commission on the recommendation of a Committee headed by
(a) Minister-in-charge, Department of Home
(b) Chief Minister
(c) Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly
(d) Speaker of the Legislative Assembly
42. Consider the following statements regarding the Governor of Rajasthan:
I. He is the Chancellor of Central University of Rajasthan.
II. He can hold any office of the profit in the State.
III. He is the President of India Red Cross Society, Rajasthan State Branch.
IV. He does not have discretionary power granted under the constitution.
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct?
(a) All of these
(b) II, III and IV
(c) III only
(d) II and III
43. The Chairperson of Rajasthan Secretariat Re-organization Committee (1969) was
(a) B. Methta
(b) SD Ujjwal
(c) Mohan Mukerji
(d) Mangat Rai
44. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer by using the codes given below:
List-I (Rank in State Secretariat)
A. Secretary to Government
B. Project Officer
C. Section Officer
1. Programme implementation
3. Overall supervision
4. Budget implementation
5. Routine clerical work
(a) A – 1; B – 4; C – 2; D – 3
(b) A – 2; B – 1; C – 3; D – 5
(c) A – 2; B – 4; C – 3; D – 1
(d) A – 1; B – 3; C – 4; D – 5
45. The head of the State of Rajasthan prior to November 1, 1956 was known as
(c) Raj Pramukh
46. The Chief Secretary of a State is described as ‘Residual Legatee’ which means that
(a) he performs all those functions which are not specifically allotted to any other Secretary.
(b) he is the Chief Advisor to Chief Minister.
(c) he is the Head of the Civil Service in the State.
(d) he acts as the Secretary to the Cabinet.
47. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer by using the codes given below:
(Name of Chief Minister)
A. Jagannath Pahadia
B. Barkatullah Khan
C. Bhairon Singh Shekhawat
D. Mohanlal Sukhadia
(a) A – 3; B – 1; C – 2; D – 4
(b) A – 2; B – 4; C – 1; D – 3
(c) A – 3; B – 2; C – 1; D – 4
(d) A – 4; B – 1; C – 2; D – 3
48. The de jure head of the State Administration in Rajasthan is
(a) Chief Minister of the State
(b) Divisional Commissioner
(c) Advocate General of the State
(d) Governor of State
49. The Chief Secretary of a State functions as:
I. Secretary to the Cabinet
II. Chief Advisor to the Chief Minister
III. Chief of the Secretaries
IV. Head of the Civil Service
V. Head of the State
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below :
50. Consider the following statements about the Nuclears Suppliers Group:
I. It was established as a reaction to India’s first nuclear test of 1974.
II. It seeks to prevent nuclear proliferation by controlling the export of material, equipment and technology that can be used to manufacture nuclear weapons.
III. At present, there are only 30 members.
IV. India tried to become its members in June, 2016 in Plenary meeting at Beijing.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) All of these
(b) II and III
(c) I and II
(d) III and IV
51. Consider the following statements about Government of India Act, 1935:
I. The Act had 110 sections and 12 schedules.
II. The Act provided for the establishment of an All India federation consisting of provinces and princely States as units.
III. The Act divided powers between the Centre and units in terms of two lists-federal list and provincial list.
IV. Residuary powers were given to the Governor-General.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) All of these
(b) II and IV
(c) II and III
(d) III and IV
52. Under which Article of the Constitution, prohibition of cow slaughter is a part of Directive Principles of State Policy?
53. ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy in India’s foreign policy is initiated by whom?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Indra Kumar Gujral
(c) Manmohan Singh
(d) Narendra Modi
54. Eleventh Schedule of the Constitution relating to the Panchayats contains
(a) 18 items
(b) 28 items
(c) 19 items
(d) 29 items
55. Which of t he following schemes aims to dispose off pending revenue court cases?
(a) Sarkar Aapke Dwar (Government at your doorstep)
(b) Prashashan Aapke Dwar (Administration at your doorstep)
(c) Nyay Aapke Dwar (Justice at your doorstep)
(d) Police Aapke Dwar (Police at your doorstep)
56. 57.Ministry of Tourism, government of India, has approved projects worth Rs 98 crores for the development of Krishna circuit in Rajasthan under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme. Which of the following is not part of the project?
(a) Shrinath Ji (Nathdwara)
(b) Govind Devji (Jaipur)
(c) Khatu Shyam Ji (Sikar)
(d) Ratan Bihari Ji (Bikaner)
57. Who inaugurated the BRICS Women Parliamentarian Forum at Jaipur which was held during August 20-21, 2016?
(a) Sumitra Mahajan
(b) Vasundhara Raje
(c) Sushma Swaraj
(d) Najma Heptulla
58. Former Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan, VP Singh, has been appointed Governor of which state
59. For the first time, the Indian Air Force inducted women fighter plane pilots on June 18, 2016, among them, who is from Rajasthan?
(a) Mohana Singh
(b) Avani Chaturvedi
(c) Bhawana Kanth
(d) Nisha Singh
60. Who among the following is not the Parliamentary Secretary of the government of Rajasthan?
(a) Suresh Singh Rawat
(b) Dr. Vishwanath Meghwal
(c) Ladu Ram Vishnoi
(d) Dr. Anant Kumar
61. Name of the Olympian and National record holder athlete from Rajasthan in 3000 m Steeple chase, is
(a) Sriram Singh
(b) Pokar Mal
(c) Gopal Saini
(d) Paramjeet Kaur
62. Arjun Award 2016 has been awarded to which International Shooter from Rajasthan?
(a) Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh
(b) Paramajeet Singh
(c) Karan Singh
(d) Apurvi Chandela
63. The award, ,which is given to a sport coach for excellence in coaching, by the Rajasthan State
(a) Dronacharya Award
(b) Guru Vashistha Award
(c) Maharana Pratap Award
(d) Arjun Award
64. Name of the Boxing coach from Rajasthan State, who has been awarded ‘Dronacharya Award’ in 2016
(a) Mool Singh Shekhawat
(b) Narayan Singh
(c) Sagar Mal Dhayal
(d) Umed Singh
65. The total foodgrain production in Rajasthan during agricultural year (2014-15) as
(a) 196.22 lakh tonnes
(b) 296.22 lakh tonnes
(c) 156.22 lakh tonnes
(d) 182.00 lakh tonnes
66. As per 19th Livestock Census, the population of sheep in Rajasthan has decreased during t he period 2017-12 by
67. Operation Flood is related to
(a) Green revolution
(b) White revolution
(c) Blue revolution
(d) Yellow revolution
68. Central Wool Development Board is located at
69. The premium rate under Pradhan Mantri Crop Insurance Scheme for annual commercial/horticultural crops is
70. IQ of twelve-year student Sohan is 75. What will be his mental age in years?
71. The father of Intelligence test constructin is
(a) Francis Galton
(b) Alfred Binet
(d) Willam Stern
72. ‘Learning is process of development’ stated by whom?
(d) Dr. Mace
73. Who among the following is not associated with S-R learning theory?
74. Which is not the component of motivation?
(b) Rote memory
75. Which is not the cause of individual differences?
76. The theory of learning given by Albert Bandura is also known as
(a) Insight learning theory
(b) Observational learning theory
(c) Sign learning theory
(d) Verbal learning theory
77. “Educational Psychology is that branch of Psychology which deals with teaching and learning”. This statements is given by
78. Which one from the following is the applied branch of Psychology?
(a) Abnormal Psychology
(b) Experimental Psychology
(c) Comparative Psychology
(d) Educational psychology
79. The first Psychological laboratory was established by whom?
80. Which element is not measured by Torrance test of creativity?
81. Which is not the classification of personality given by Sprenger?
82. Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) is given by whom?
(a) Leopoled Bellak
(b) Margon and Murrey
(c) Herman Rosha
83. Characteristic of good adjustment is
(b) lack of Confidence
(c) emotional unstability
(d) irregular life habit
84. According to Terman very superior contain
(a) above 140 IQ
(b) 120-125 IQ
(c) 110-115 IQ
(d) below 110 IQ
85. According to Bridges Excitement is the part of
(a) Physical Development
(b) Mental Development
(c) Social Development
(d) Emotional Development
86. Two factor theory of intelligence is given by whom?
87. Which is not a method of Attitude measurement?
(a) Likert Scale
(b) Osgood’s semantic differential scale
(c) The Bogardus social distance scale
(d) Emotional competence scale
88. Which is not an aspect of interest?
89. Direct method of Personality adjustment is
(d) removing hurdle
90. Which of the following is the highest mountain peak of Australia?
(a) Mt. Bruce
(c) Blue Mountain
(d) Mt. Ord
91. The ‘Earth Day’ is observed on
(a) June 5
(b) April 22
(c) March 22
(d) December 16
92. The permanent winds which blows from the South-West are
(a) trade winds in southern hemisphere
(b) westerlies in southern hemisphere
(c) westerlies in northern hemisphere
(d) polar winds in northern hemisphere
93. Strait of Malaca separates
(a) Sumatra and Borneo
(b) Sumatra and Java
(c) Malaysia and Java
(d) Malaysia and Sumatra
94. Which is not a correct match?
(a) Mississippi – Ohio
(b) Amazon – Madeiar
(c) Murray – Darling
(d) Hawang-Hae – Min
95. Latitudinal and Longitudinal extent of India is3
(a) 8°6ʹN − 37°4ʹN and 68°7ʹE − 97°25ʹE
(b) 8°4ʹN − 37°6ʹN and 68°7ʹE − 97°25ʹE
(c) 6°4ʹN − 37°6ʹN and 68°7ʹE − 97°25ʹE
(d) 6°4ʹN − 37°4ʹN and 68°7ʹE − 97°25ʹE
96. Which of the following is the highest mountain peak of peninsular India?
97. The North-Eastern winter monsoon winds cause rainfall along
(a) Konkan coast
(b) Kannad coast
(c) Malabr coast
(d) Coromonodal coast
98. Diego Garcia is an island located in the
(a) Mediterranean Sea
(b) South China Sea
(c) Indian Ocean
(d) Atlantic Ocean
99. The river which is not a tributary of Ganga is
100. ‘Chulia’ waterfall is situated on which river?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: