RPSC College Lecturer Examination-2014 Held on April 24, 2016
1. Rammat is a
(a) folk dance
(b) folk music
(c) folk drama
(d) musical instrument
2. Morchang is a
(a) dancing style
(b) singing style
(c) musical instrument
(d) painting style
3. Who among the following rulers was not from the Chauhan dynasty of jalore?
(c) Samar Singh
(d) Udal Singh
4. Where have the archaeological remains related to Buddhism been found?
(c) Naliasar (Sambhar)
5. Who was the leader of uprising in Kota in 1857?
(a) Kushal Singh
(b) Ram Singh
(d) Bakht Singh
6. Which fair is held twice in a year?
(b) Shri Mahavirji
(c) Kaila Devi
(d) Karni Mata
7. Carefully read the following statements about Matheran community of Bikaner:
I. Their contribution in the development of Bikaner Painting style is immense.
II. Matherans got patronage in the time of Maharaja Anup Singh.
III. Matherans are particularly known for drawing personal pictures of the rulers.
IV. Matherans who also call themselves Mahatma are a Jain community.
Which of the following above statements are correct?
(a) I and III
(b) I, II and III
(c) II and III
(d) All of these
8. Timniya is worn by
(a) men on their arms
(b) women non their neck
(c) women on their forehead
(d) men on their hand
9. Match the following:
(a) A – 4; B – 3; C – 2; D – 1
(b) A – 4; B – 1; C – 2; D – 3
(c) A – 3; B – 1; C – 4; D – 2
(d) A – 1; B – 2; C –3; D – 4
10. The famous 10th century Ambika Temple is in
11. Mewar Pukar was
(a) a petition of demand prepared by Motilal Tejawat and presented to Mewar Maharana
(b) the weekly newspaper of Mewar Prajamandal
(c) a ballad of valour written by Kesrisingh Barahat
(d) a monthly magazine edited by Jaynarayan Vyas
12. Choose the incorrect pair:
13. In which physical region of Rajasthan Mukandra Hills are located?
(a) Shekhawati region
(b) Hadoti plateau
(c) Southern Aravalli
(d) Mahi basin
14. Anas, Erau and Som are the tributaries of river
(d) Kali Sindh
15. Degana is known for mining of
(a) iron ore
16. Which of the following pair of districts is main producer of ‘Kattha’ (Acacia catechu) in Rajasthan?
(a) Udaipur and Chittorgarh
(b) Bharatpur and Alwar
(c) Banswara and Baran
(d) Sikar and Hanumangarh
17. ‘National Desert Park’ is also known as
(a) Vegetation Park
(b) Wildlife Park
(c) Grassland Park
(d) Fossil Park
18. Which is not traditional method of water conservation in Rajasthan?
19. On the basis of nature and availability of natural resources, which one of the following input-based industries could presently play a vital role in industrial development of Rajasthan?
(a) Livestock based
(b) Mineral based
(c) Agriculture based
(d) Oilseed based
20. Which of the following breed is related to Camel in Rajasthan?
21. In which Census year, the highest percentage of decadal growth of population was recorded in Rajasthan?
22. In which of the following districts of Rajasthan ‘Red Loam’ soil is found?
(a) Udaipur – Kota
(b) Bhilwara – Ajmer
(c) Banswara – Dungarpur
(d) Jaipur – Dausa
23. Which of the following is not an objective of ‘Rajasthan Forestry and Biodiversity Project’?
(b) Conservation of Biodiversity
(c) Flood Control
(d) Ground Water Conservation
24. In Rajasthan, winter rainfall is due to
(a) local winds
(b) South-East monsoon
(c) North-East monsoon
(d) Western disturbances
25. The steep sloppy and rugged hills in Sirohi district are locally known as
26. Which is not a river of inland drainage?
27. Which one of the following districts was having the highest forest-area in Rajasthan during 2011-12?
28. Which is not a breed to sheep in Rajasthan?
29. In 2011, the percentage of urban population in Rajasthan was
30. ‘Walara’ is a type of agriculture in Rajasthan
(a) Shifting cultivation
(b) Dry farming
(c) Wet and dry farming
(d) Mountain farming
31. When was the ‘Magra Area Development Programme’ introduced in Rajasthan?
32. On which river is the Bisalpur Dam located?
(a) Kali Sindh
33. How many Schedule Caste women are the members of 14th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly?
34. Which assembly constituency of Rajasthan is spread over more than one district (in 2013 Assembly Election)?
35. Which articles of the Constitution are related to subordinate courts?
(a) Article-214 to 231
(b) Article-227 to 232
(c) Article-233 to 237
(d) Article-234 to 240
36. Who was the first Chairman of the Rajasthan Public Service Commission?
(a) SK Ghosh
(b) SC Tripathi
(c) BS Tiwari
(d) MM Verma
37. Consider the following statements:
I. The institution of Lokayukta was established in Rajasthan in the year 1973
II. Justice ID Dua was the first lokayukta in the State of Rajasthan.
(a) Only I is correct.
(b) Only II is correct.
(c) Both I and II are correct.
(d) Both I and II are incorrect.
38. What is the tenure of Lokayukta in Rajasthan?
(a) 5 years or the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
(b) 5 years of the age of 66 years, whichever is earlier.
(c) 5 years or the age of 60 years, whichever is earlier.
(d) 5 years or the age of 62 years, whichever is earlier.
39. Which Article of the Constitution of India states that ‘There shall be a Governor for each State’?
40. Which one is not a function of Rajasthan State Commission for Women?
(a) To hear complaint against harassment of women.
(b) To supervise implementation of constitutional provisions for women.
(c) Efforts for women empowerment.
(d) To punish accused of women harassment.
41. Where is t he Cantonment Board situated in Rajasthan?
(b) Mount Abu
42. When was the State Election Commission constituted in Rajasthan?
43. Which Panchayat Samit is not a beneficiary of the M POWER scheme?
(b) Abu Road
44. Who is the Chairman of the Business Advisory Committee in the 14th State Assembly in Rajasthan?
(a) Kailash Chandra Meghwal
(b) Gulab Chand Kataria
(c) Kalicharan Sarraf
(d) Pradyuman Singh
45. From which district in Rajasthan highest number of women members of Legislative Assembly have been elected to the 14th Legislative Assembly?
46. When was President’s Rule imposed in Rajasthan due to unclear majority in assembly elections?
47. Who among the following was the first non-Congress speaker of Rajasthan Assembly?
(a) Gopal Singh
(b) Shantilal Chaplot
(c) Hari Shankar Bhabhra
(d) Laxman Singh
48. The total number of Panchayat Samitees in Rajasthan as on March 31, 2016 is
49. Last time, when the President’s Rule was imposed in Rajasthan, who was the Governor here?
(a) Vasant Rao Patil
(b) M. Chenna Reddy
(c) Raghukul Tilak
(d) Devi Prasad Chattopadhyay
50. In which Assembly Election, the strength of Rajasthan legislative Assembly was raised from 184 to 200?
51. In which year the Integrated Watershed Development Programme was started in Rajasthan?
52. In January, 2016, the District Collector of which district has started ‘Charan Paduka Scheme’?
53. The largest source of Tax Revenue in Rajasthan is
(a) Excise Duty
(c) Custom Duty
(d) None of these
54. APMC Act in Rajasthan is implemented to
(a) facilitate exports
(b) facilitate imports
(c) facilitate marketing of agriculture produce
(d) increase agriculture productivity
55. Contribution of Service Sector in Rajasthan’s GSDP at constant price (2004-05) in 2014-15 was
56. Estimated Fiscal Deficit as percentage of GSDP in Rajasthan for 2016-17 is
57. Out of total installed capacity of power in Rajasthan, what is the approximate ratio of thermal power?
58. Inclusive of livestock, what has been the contribution of agriculture in NSDP of Rajasthan in 2014-15?
59. According to World Bank’s Report on East of Doing Business (2015), what was the rank of Rajasthan within India?
60. Free Medicine for livestock scheme in Rajasthan was launched in
61. Rajasthan Energy Development Authority was established in
62. ‘UDAY’ scheme is mean for
(a) the financial turn-around of power distribution companies
(b) development of solar energy
(c) development of solar energy
(d) development of bio fuel
63. Rajasthan government’s Bhamashah Rojgar Srujan Yojana (BRSY) is lined with which scheme of central government?
64. Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme 2014 is applicable to
(a) new and existing enterprises making investment for setting up new units
(b) existing enterprises making investment for expansion
(c) sick enterprises making investment for its revival
(d) All of the above
65. In Rajasthan, Nirmal Gram Award Scheme has been initiated to
(a) constructing highest number of toilets
(b) providing highest number of safe drinking water connections
(c) doing excellent work in creating awareness about cleanliness
(d) achieving the desired levels of sanitation in Panchayat Samiti
66. What has been the level of Per Capita income at current prices in Rajasthan (2014-15) ?
(a) Rs 92150
(b) Rs 88533
(c) Rs 72156
(d) Rs 60167
67. Rajasthan’s first Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme is
(a) Agriculture Subsidy Scheme
(b) Bhamashaha Yojana
(c) Investment Subsidy Scheme
(d) Transport Subsidy Scheme
68. In which year, Nineteenth Livestock Census in Rajasthan was conducted?
69. Which distinct of Rajasthan tops in the production of Gypsum?
70. National Mustard Research Centre (NMRC) was established in ‘Sewar’ in
71. District Innovation Fund (DIF) was established by
(a) XI Finance Commission
(b) X Finance Commission
(c) XII Finance Commission
(d) XIII Finance Commission
72. The scheme of Mahatma Gandhi Library was announced in the Rajasthan’s which budget?
73. The Leader of Opposition in Fourteenth Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (Vidhan Sabha) is
(a) Rameshwar Lal Dudi
(b) Ashok Gehlot
(c) Sachin Pilot
(d) Bhanwar Lal Sharma
74. In which district, the Central University of Rajasthan is situated?
75. Identify the incorrect pair of the district and the mascot, issued by Forest Department of Rajasthan government :
(a) Ajmer : Kharmor Bird
(b) Bharatpur : Saras (Cranes)
(c) Dausa : Alligator
(d) Jalore : Bear
76. Number of woman members in 16th Lok Sabha elected from Rajasthan is
77. Two cities of Rajasthan selected in the first round of Central government’s Smart City Plan are
(a) Ajmer and Jaipur
(b) Jaipur and Udaipur
(c) Udaipur and Jodhpur
(d) Jodhpur and Bikaner
78. Where the India-Russia joint military exercise took place in 2015 ?
79. The organization, which has been awarded Amrita Devi Bishoni Award in Forest Development and Wildlife Protection category for the year 2015 is
(a) Jaldhara Vikas Sansthan, Bhilwara
(b) Van Vikas Sansthan, Pratapgarh
(c) Gram Van Suraksha Evam Prabandh Samiti, Soorajgarh
(d) Adivasi Van Vikas Sansthan, Mount Abu
80. Where is the new Technical University proposed to be established in the Rajasthan State Budget 2016-17?
81. To which event of shooting, Shagun Chaudhary is related?
(a) 10 m Air Rifle
(b) 50 m Pistol
(c) Double trap
(d) 25 m Pistol
82. Which amongst the following statements about Nand Ghar Scheme is correct?
I. To provide home to orphan children is the main objective of this scheme.
II. This scheme is launched to increase community partnership to run Anganvadi centres.
III. In this scheme, crèches are being opened to look after the children of single working women.
Choose the correct answer.
(a) I and II
(b) I and III
(c) Only II
(d) Only III
83. Who is Jitendra Rai Goyal?
(a) Chairman, Rajasthan Information Commission
(b) Chairman, Rajasthan State Other Backward Classes Commission
(c) President, Rajasthan Chambers of Commerce and Industries.
(d) None of the above
84. Identify the incorrect pair of Parliamentary Secretary (as on March 31, 2016) and the Assembly Constituency he represents:
(a) Suresh Singh Rawat : Pushkar
(b) Vishwanath Meghwal : Gudamalani
(c) Jitendra Kumar Gothwal : Khandar
(d) Bhera Ram Chaudhary : Osian
85. ‘Operation Sard Hawa’ is related to
(b) Air Force
(c) Central Reserve Police Force
(d) Border Security Force
86. Who chairs the high level committee to consider the proposals to constitute new districts in Rajasthan?
(a) Adarsh Kishore
(b) Meenakshi Hooja
(c) Parmesh Chandra
(d) Ravi Mathur
87. Hakim Khan Sur Award by Maharana Mewar Foundation in the year 2016 is given to
(a) Rahul Kanwal
(b) Raveesh Kumar
(c) Prasoon Joshi
(d) Devi Lal Paliwal
88. The First Constitution Day was celebrated on
(a) January 26, 1950
(b) January 26, 2016
(c) November 26, 2015
(d) November 26, 1949
89. What educational qualification is laid mandatory for the candidates, contesting for Zila Parishadi Seat in Rajasthan, other than the Scheduled Areas?
(a) Class V pass
(b) Class VIII pass
(c) Class X pass
(d) Class XII pass
90. Which agreement has recently been signed by Rajasthan government with South Australia?
(a) Trade agreement
(b) Sister-State agreement
(c) Cultural exchange agreement
(d) Tourism agreement
91. Who among the following author of Rajasthani language has be awarded Sahitya Akademi Award For 2015?
(a) Ambika Dutt Chaturvedi
(b) Arjun Dev Charan
(c) Madhu Acharya ‘Ashawadi’
(d) Nand Bhardwaj
92. With the Hockey Academy of which country, the Hockey Academy of Rajasthan State Sports Council has signed an MoU (Memorandum of Understandings) in November, 2015 for advance coaching?
93. In Rajasthan, where inscription of Ashoka found?
94. At which of the following place, Someshwar temple is situated in Rajasthan?
(a) Kiradu (Barmer)
(b) Osian (Jodhpur)
(c) Abhaneri (Dausa)
(d) Chandravati (Jhalawar)
95. Which of the following Indus sites of Rajasthan is situated on the banks of river Ghaggar?
96. In which painting style, Rasraj, a 19th century Hindi literary work of Matiram, was used as a subject for depiction?
97. Neja is
(a) the five-coloured flag of Ramdevaji
(b) a sword-like weapon
(c) offering to a diety
(d) Garbha Griha of a temple
98. Sitaram Sadhu was related to which of the following movements?
(a) Shekhawati peasant movement
(b) Hadauti peasant movement
(c) Bijolia peasant movement
(d) Mewat peasant movement
99. In which year the Mewar Bhil Corps was established?
100. Where was the historical battle between Rana Sanga and Babur fought?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: