S.S.C. Combined Graduate Level Tier-I Exam., 2016
Held on 2-9-2016
1. Which of the following is known as the Manchester of South India ?
2. Who was the flag bearer of India at Rio Olympics 2016 ?
(A) P.V. Sindhu
(B) Jwala Gutta
(C) Yogeshwar Dutt
(D) Abhinav Bindra
3. Which of the following is the first cricketer to score 1000 runs in an innings ?
(A) Sachin Tendulkar
(B) Vinod Kamble
(C) Pranav Dhanawade
(D) Virat Kholi
4. Which of the following is the largest irrigation plan in India ?
(A) Buckingham Canal
(B) Indira Gandhi Canal
(C) Upper Ganges Canal
(D) Tajewala Canal
5. The soil of Kerala is rich in which of the following soils ?
(A) Alluvial Soil
(B) Laterite Soil
(C) Sandy Soil
(D) Loamy Soil
6. Which of the process is known as nitrification ?
(A) Reaction of Nitrogen Monoxide with oxygen to form nitric acid
(B) Reaction of nitrogen dioxide with water to form nitric acid
(C) Conversion of ammonia to nitrites
(D) Conversion of nitrite to nitric oxide
7. Asbestos is found maximum in which of the following countries ?
8. Which country announces the imposition of a three-month state emergency after failed coup ?
9. Beighton Cup is related to which of the following sport ?
10. Sun temple is situate in which of the following states ?
(D) Tamil Nadu
11. The growth of bacteria is measured by –
12. The sideways erosion which widens the river valley called ?
(A) Lateral Corrosion
(B) Vertical Corrosion
(C) Side Corrosion
(D) Mean Corrosion
13. The Constitution-
(A) is silent on the President’s re-election to the office
(B) allows re-election of a person to the President’s post
(C) restricts a person to remain President for only two terms
(D) has been amended to allow a person only one term as President
14. Smooth muscles are likely to be found in-
(A) muscles of legs
(B) muscles of arms
15. Synagogue is the place of worship of-
16. The civilian airport of highest altitude is in-
17. The branch of biology which deals with extinct organisms is called-
18. The least distance of distinct vision is-
(A) 35 cm
(B) 25 cm
(C) 45 cm
(D) 15 cm
19. When will demand become a grant ?
(A) When a demand is proposed
(B) After the discussion on demand is over
(C) After the demand is granted
(D) When the budget session is closed
20. Summer rains in Australia broadly decreases from-
(A) east to west
(B) west to east
(C) north to south
(D) south to north
21. The blue revolution is related with-
(A) Fish production
(B) Food grain production
(C) Oil seed production
(D) Milk Production
22. Which is post-harvest folk dance in Assam ?
(A) Ankia Nat
(C) Raut Nacha
23. The substrate of photorespiration is-
(B) Pyruvic acid
24. The UNIX operating system is suitable of-
(A) Multi user
(B) Real-Time Processing
(C) Distributed Processing
(D) Single user
25. Sink hole is a phenomenon of-
Directions- (Q. 1 to 3) Find the odd words/letters/numbers from the given alternative.
1. (A) AEFJ
2. (A) 81: 243
(B) 16 : 64
(C) 64 : 192
(D) 25 : 75
3. (A) Distinguish
4. Arrange the following words as per the English dictionary and find the last word-
5. How many triangles are there in the given figure ?
6. In a certain code language, APPROACH is coded as CHOAPRAP. How will RESTRICT be coded ?
7. Select the related word/letter/number from the given alternative series –
Apes : Gibber : : Camels : ?
8. TSR : FED : : WVU : ?
9. 7 : 32 : : 28 : ?
10. John, in the morning, started walking towards North and then turn towards opposite side of the sun. He then turn left again and stops. Which direction is he facing now ?
11. If 64 + 7 = 460
43 + 8 = ?
25 + 8 = 212
12. In a village there are landlords of which some are literate. Which of the following best expresses the relationship between them ?
(D) None of these
13. Which one of the given figure completes the given figure ?
14. What is the mirror image of the following figure ?
15. If the given words are arranged in descending order then which of the following be last ?
Sapling Tree Plant Seed
16. Which one is wrong number in the given series ?
7 56 447 3584 28672
17. In this question, a statement is followed by assumption I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the following assumptions logically follows from the given statement.
Statement : Only good singers are invited in the conference. No one without sweet vice is a good singer.
I. All invited singers in the conference have sweet voice.
II. Those singers who do not have sweet vice are not invited in the conference.
(A) Only I follows
(B) Neither I nor II follow
(C) Both I and II follows
(D) Only II follows
18. If ‘+’ mean ‘×’, ‘−’ means ‘÷’, ‘×’ means ‘−’ and ‘÷’ means ‘+’ then find the value of the following equation –
6 + 64 – 8 ÷ 45 × 8
19. Which of the following has the given figure embedded in it ?
20. Find the missing number from the given alternative-
1 4 2 3 2 ?
21. Find the missing number from the given alternative –
Directions – (Q. 22 and 23) Find the missing number/letter/from the given alternative.
22. AEN MQZ CGP ?
23. 0 4 18 48 ? 180
24. Select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word –
25. A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets by two matrices given below. The columns and row of Matrix I are numbered from 0 to 4 and that of Matrix are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column. Ex : ‘U’ can be represented by 03, 14, 32 etc. and ‘O’ can be represented by 56, 67, 75 etc. Similarly you have to identify the set for the word given in the question.
(A) 69, 14, 04, 98
(B) 34, 76, 31, 79
(C) 04, 32, 87, 59
(D) 69, 99, 31, 00
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: